CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

April 19, 2010

Michelle put Barack through paces

Posted: 09:30 PM ET

Via MSNBC.com

Brother writes that family ‘auditioned’ future president.

Most Americans first met Craig Robinson when he introduced his sister, Michelle Obama, at the 2008 Democratic National Convention. Within minutes, he won the hearts of the nation by sharing highlights of their childhood on Chicago’s Southside. In “A Game of Character,” Robinson takes readers behind the scenes to meet his family and the other important influences in his life who have contributed to his success both on and off the basketball court.

Click here to read an excerpt from the book!

CRAIG ROBINSON WILL BE LARRY'S GUEST TUESDAY NIGHT!

Filed under: Michelle Obama

Cajazz76:24:8   April 19th, 2010 9:49 pm ET

Glad you signed for two more years at Oregon State...of course the rumors will always abound..just rebound and stay on your feet.

Charles   April 19th, 2010 9:51 pm ET

Mr. Robinson,
How about that little college team down the road from Chicago and Brad Stevens?

sue   April 19th, 2010 9:52 pm ET

simon seems like he is bored this season–more cruel when he doesn't care for someone–he needs to move on!

Theresa   April 19th, 2010 10:02 pm ET

Saw the interview of him on the Today show...seems like a nice gent...would've liked to have had a big brother like him!!!!

Smith in Oregon   April 20th, 2010 1:57 am ET

Oregon State University Basketball Coach Craig Robinson must have felt his former Southside of Chicago hometown was very, very different than Oregon.

I'd like to hear more about his personal thoughts about Oregon, OSU, and how committed Oregonians and Oregon's college students are with environmental issues.

Idzan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia   April 20th, 2010 11:27 am ET

Mr Robinson

Who is the family's favorite? Do you bully your sister or your sister bullied you?

Bill   April 20th, 2010 3:28 pm ET

OPEN HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE TRACKS TO PUBLIC when not in use by school teams. Many keep the the public locked out so they can't jog around their track. With the obesity problem in the USA, it would help if we could jog around school tracks. It's safer than jogging on the street. Also many tracks have a little cushion to help prevent shin splints and joint problems. For many years I jogged around the Ramapo College Track in Mahwah NJ. A few years ago they got a new track and banned the public from using it. It was not only good exercise, it was theraputic to jog in a peaceful, scenic, safe environment. Also, I knew exactly how far I jogged. The Fed. government should inure these tracks if that's what they are concerned about. This should be part of the health care bill. Open school tracks to the public when not in use by school teams.
Also, Smoking should be illegal every where.

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   April 20th, 2010 6:08 pm ET

Can see their resemblance.

Judith   April 20th, 2010 9:18 pm ET

Craig
Please tell our First Lady Michelle that we love her and we support,
her husband our President Obama.
The GOPs,Fox and Rush L can throw out all negative issues but we know we don't ever want to go back to another Bush who took us into 2 Wars,tax cuts for the rich and left Wall Street do what they wanted.
The night Obama won America won.

Betty   April 20th, 2010 9:21 pm ET

We got the best President ever!!!

Karen   April 20th, 2010 9:25 pm ET

Mr. Robinson, I was under the impression your record at OSU wasn't all that great being a Pac 10 school and it was possible you were going to be let go due to this as well as OSU financial problems. However, Washington sent someone to deliver a large sum of money to OSU to bail them out and in turn you kept your job. I lost my job early 2009 due to trying to work while being disabled. I have applied for Soc. Sec. Disability and have been denied twice and will have to go before an Administrative Law Judge. The hearing will be about 1 year to 18 months away. My unemployment is minimal at best and will run out before my hearing. My health insurance will run out July 31, 2010 and my premium will go up to approximately $700 per month. This is over half of my monthly unemployment. I wish someone would bail me out. I'm not asking for a hand out, I am simply asking for my Soc. Sec. Disability, that I've paid into for all my life, be approved. I have asked Wally Herger to do a Congressional Inquiry and he will but he cannot expedite the hearing. I don't know who to turn to. If you or Larry King can help I would really be grateful.
Karen

Charles   April 20th, 2010 11:08 pm ET

@Judith,
The upper 1% of wage earners pay 40% of the federal income taxes; the upper 10% of wage earners pay 70% of the federal income taxes. 50% of Americans pay basically nothing. I am not in the upper 10%, but isn't it time to worry about all those who pay nothing and even those who receive a refund that is larger than what they paid. Let's leave the wealthy alone for a while; they more than pay their share. Everything said in Washington is for votes, nothing more and nothing less.

Ted   April 21st, 2010 11:21 am ET

@ Charles

You must let me know how can we receive a LARGER refund than the amount of taxes we paid!!!

If you have a good job and make good money be happy to be able to pay taxes.
Those who are not paying are usually too poor for taxation.
Concentrate on those who make millions or hundreds of millions and with the help of crooked tax advisers either avoid taxation or pay much less than they should. Those are the real villains.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter