CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

March 31, 2010

Like mother, like daughter: Madonna wishes teen daughter Lourdes would 'dress more conservatively'

Posted: 04:46 PM ET

Via NY Daily News

By Cristina Everett  Daily News Staff Writer

While Madonna continues to push the limit with her jaw-dropping stage costumes and red carpet couture, she hopes daughter Lourdes doesn't follow in her footsteps.

"If anything, I wish she'd dress more conservatively," the pop icon told Us Weekly. "How's that for irony?"

Madge, 51, has teamed up with her 13-year-old daughter, who has developed her own eccentric style, to create a teen clothing line for Macy's aptly named Material Girl.

"I did a line for H&M, which I enjoyed, but it was a lot of work," she said. "I thought, I don't want to give up the rest of my careers, so I'm not going to do my own line again.

"But I have a 13-year-old with tireless energy who wanted to do this. I've been involved in business meetings, but Lola's really doing the work. I just sit in the corner on my BlackBerry!"

Though the singer currently models for high-end fashion label Dolce & Gabbana, she said her new venture in teen clothing design was a result of her daughter.

"Lola has been bothering me for ages about designing clothes," she told the Associated Press. "As we are working, I see her more as a creative person, as an artist. Then every once in a while, I remembered that she is my daughter."

Read more…

Filed under: Madonna

Joe G. (Illinois)   March 31st, 2010 6:44 pm ET

How come we never hear of madonna vacationing on her own private island? Can she not afford one?

Hugh in California   March 31st, 2010 7:54 pm ET

"Papa, Don't Preach" has turned into "Mama, Don't Preach!" How could Madonna possibly expect a more conservative daughter in her manner of dress, or anything else with the life that she's led? Talk about a double standard. A child learns what they are taught by their parents behavior and lifestyle.

LacrosseMom   March 31st, 2010 8:34 pm ET

Its "do as I say, not as I do" eh? Sorry, Madonna, YOU need to be an example, you are her role model!

Kathryn   March 31st, 2010 9:28 pm ET

Am not encouraging violence or anyone hit their mom. That would be wrong but Maddonna....close your legs and cover them. The night has come...

Lisa S   April 1st, 2010 5:33 am ET

Love Madonna!

rob   April 1st, 2010 10:58 am ET

Madonna complaining about this? This is an April fools joke right?

Theresa   April 1st, 2010 9:25 pm ET

Madonna,Madonna,Madonna....what an example you have shown your daughter. I'm sure your father wanted yoiu to dress & act more conservatively years ago... You are sooo funny!!!!!!

Ted   April 2nd, 2010 9:26 am ET

@ Lisa S

You love Madonna?
500 men and women did the same, according to the latest head count.

Donna   April 5th, 2010 8:58 pm ET

I cannot understand Madonna expecting her daughter to be different from her after the way she dresses. I agree she has double standards.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter