CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

March 22, 2010

LKL Sunday Special – Members of Congress on health care

Posted: 08:50 AM ET
DR GARY   March 22nd, 2010 9:00 am ET

The majority of the democraps (I did spell it right.) took a major step as one commentator said, “shereading the Construction.” Muslim, Husain said in his speech to the nation. “We proved that we are still a people capable of doing big things and tacking big challenges.” Muslim Husain left out one line, “and moving closer toward destroying America’s foundation., I put Husain and Panokio (oops, Pelosi) on the same level as Hitler and Castro. Same mentality and moving toward the same direction. They do not care about what the Americans want. Those are BIG DEMONS that they operate under. THINK ABOUT THIS. IF THE health care reform plan IS SO great, WHY DOES IT EXEMPT, Michelle, Congress, Senators and their families? See PAGE 114 LINE 22. IN MOST CASES, it’s going to be the same people who have no health care FOR GENERATIONS. YOU CAN’T DRAIN BLOOD OUT OF A TURNIP. Most are, “GENERATIONAL WELFARE FAMILIES.” THEY’LL BE PUMPING OUT MORE BABIES BY THE MULTITUDE AND WE’LL PAY FOR THEIR ABORTIONS. The Grandma’s will get board. They won’t be raising them while they go out to reproduce. (Meow) The Middle Class Americans will be taxed eventually to pay. Muslim Husain needs to be Impeached and Nancy Panokio removed. THE ONE GOOD THING THAT WILL COME FORM THIS. It will be a long, long time before another democrap is elected as president. WE NEED AN INDEPENDENT. God’s Word says,

Apple   March 22nd, 2010 9:16 am ET

For YEARS, blacks have voted and supported white politicians and presidents.

For ONCE a black man wins the presidency and yet so many white people still fight against him. This means that they are fighting us blacks!

Many refuse to admit it but they are giving the president such a hard time only because he is B**L**A**C**K. Check history. Has any other president had such grief?

Let's face it, he has already made history and that none of you can erase. You have been in politics so long and has done nothing and he came in from behind.

Even if he fails, he will make history again so take that white party PUBLICANS!

AMERICA NEEDED HC REFORM as much as we deserve to be in the White House!!

Kat   March 22nd, 2010 9:19 am ET

What can be worst than to vote for a war that took the leader of a country out that had no WMDs and then put Iran in a position to destabilise the entire middle east?

The Publicans have more to worry about than trying to derail President Obama's presidency. Iran is now making weapons that can attack not only Israel but kill innocent Americans! Whose fault is that?

HC Reform is baout helping Americans so Pres O is the better guy here!

Ted   March 22nd, 2010 9:51 am ET

@ Dr Gary Crap, to use your self chosen name

If ignorance, stupidity and predudice were painful you would be screaming with pain all day!!!

We have one of the most intelligent President in a half of century who has the guts to do for the USA what other nations did 50-100 years ago!! Yes dumhead, europeans have medical insurance that long and happy to live with it.
Contrary to us, in Canada or in Europe noone will go broke just because they have a major cathastrophal illness such as cancer or heart condition, just to name a few. Their insurance may not be perfect, as there is no perfect plan in the world that would satisfy all, however it is miles better than what we have. Our medical facilities are top in the world, if you can pay for it.

Americans do not know what they want, beacuse the majority is so ignorant and uneducated that they believe such stupid statements as you are spouting. In my opinion, you do not understand either what is at stake, only your ignorance and predudice guide your life.

In my humble opinion it is better to spend tax dollars to improve the lot of americans, than waging constant wars, supporting Israel with billions every year so they can subjugate other folks and build the land of Great Israel on stolen land, or keeping despots all over the world in power.
If you had an once of brain in your hollow head, you would raise your voice against all that waste of money, but not against your own people.

Idzan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia   March 22nd, 2010 9:55 am ET

@DR GARY

Muslim Husain? Haha. you are so funny.
I wish he is one – A muslim, i mean.
I am a Muslim and most Muslims love him. Not because of his name,mind you,
But the Name Husain is not strictly Muslim.
There are Christians with the name Husain. Same as Osman and Omar which are Muslim and Christian names too,

Idzan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia   March 22nd, 2010 10:01 am ET

@Apple

Whatever it is, it is the BLACK President who got the bill passed.
For decades, the bill was buried, resurrected, buried and hey presto, Obama brought it to life.
One up for BACK power.
The world once again salutes America.

Ted   March 22nd, 2010 10:12 am ET

Congratulations, Mr. President.

You did what many said cannot be done in the USA, brought some sense into the life of many in this country and provide them with a basic right to have medical treatment if one is ill.

The plan may not be perfect, it is too burocratic, however as time passes it can be improved.
What I cannot understand is; Canada and Europe has social medical insurance up to a hundred years!
Why did your staff not look at them and take the best part that can be applied to your plan. Starting at scratch in anything is much more difficult, expensive and full of mistakes.

Still, those who stay put, because they are afraid to fall down, will never get anyplace.

Idzan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia   March 22nd, 2010 10:34 am ET

@Ted

Yep. America and its people earned the congratulations.
From the outside looking in, I think it's the best victory for America since 4/7/1776.
Didn't Rush Limbaugh said he will go to live in Costa Rica when the bill is passed.
when is he going??
And will Costa Rica accept him?
I think even Haiti will not receive him with open arms.

mae springgay   March 22nd, 2010 11:14 am ET

about time you americans woke up.After 50 years oft alkingabout a health bill,bot Reb.and Dem.wanted more didcussion.'
Congratulations,nothing is perfect to start with.
anytime you wish to send Obam to Canda he ould be welcomed with open arms, you are welcome to the idiot dictatr r running our country.

Kat   March 22nd, 2010 11:18 am ET

@Idzan: Prior to participating in english speaking debates, learn to speak and write english! You are so nasty. What is so brilliant about your pale skin?? What has it done for you? The president is permaently tanned. Sunkissed so he does not have to suffer in tanning machines and spend his last penny buying spray on fake tan or fry himself in the sun until his skin peels.

Want to be nasty? You are an embarrassment to your nation. That was for you and not your fellow citizens

someone cares   March 22nd, 2010 11:31 am ET

To Rep. Darrell Issa. Last night you made a comment about the 49,000 sisters who backed the health care bill stating that they are just a fringe group being investigated by Rome. Check you sources Mr. Issa. Religious Woman in the United States are not a fringe group and yet, if you call a fringe group persons who work for the poor, the people in need, the people who are often forgotten, the people our society PUTS on the edge and the fringe because of greediness, then yes, we are a fringe group. I have never seen such immature behavior from the GOP in all my years. Shame on you for being so judgmental, name calling and stubborn.....maybe you have it all but most of the world lacks basic needs.

Idzan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia   March 22nd, 2010 11:35 am ET

Hello Kat

When did I say nasty things about America or President Obama.
I am three times darker than the president who is half-white..
In fact I was full of praise for him.
Please read my posting carefully. .
i said one up for BLACK POWER. Typo error there.

eJay   March 22nd, 2010 11:42 am ET

Goodbye Rush.

Demond   March 22nd, 2010 12:39 pm ET

I have watched and listen to the debate over health care reform and two things stands out to me.

1. The republicans say they are for HC reform but offer no plan of their own. Their (republicans) only argues the cost.

2. I keep hearing these politicians keep saying "the American people has spoken and they do(nt) want this bill". But I have to ask myself how do they know what the american people want. Every poll that is taken ihas different results.

So what is the solution. In my opinion the passing of this bill is a step in the right direction for America. Is it perfect no, but finally the government is doing something to ensure the health of the working class that keeps america going.

Eddie   March 22nd, 2010 12:42 pm ET

YOU ALL NEED TO GET OFF THE HALF WHITE HALF BLACK CRAP! BLACK AMERICANS OR MORE THAN AFRICAN! WE ARE A MIXTURE OF MANY RACES! MOST OF US AT LEAST! THATS WHY WE'RE SO MANY SHADES OF BLACK!! DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY SHADES LIGHTER OR DARKER! WE ARE WHO AND WHAT WE ARE!!

Ted   March 22nd, 2010 1:05 pm ET

@ Kat

We know that you are black, however you do not have to proove it in every blog you write!
You practice exactly what you fight against, prejudism. Why don´t you relax and talk as an american, regardless of your color of skin, religion, size of paycheck, etc.

You were unjust to Idzan Ismail. First of all, she always has praise for the USA and second, she can write just as good english as you can.
Eddie is right, get off that white/black, christian/ moslem, democrat/republican crap.
Scratch the skin and we all bleed the same color!

IKHAN   March 22nd, 2010 2:02 pm ET

@Ted

well said.
The opposition to the Health Care Bill was motivated by ill will towards President Obama & to see his admn fail rather than by an interest in the welfare of American people.
Congrats Mr.President.

CHM   March 22nd, 2010 2:20 pm ET

@IKHAN,
I don't agree. Opposition to the bill has to do with the cost of the bill and that there is really nothing in it to reduce healthcare cost. I am not sure why people don't understand that and insist on making it something more.

Cajazz76:24:8   March 22nd, 2010 4:58 pm ET

Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Closer

Watching Neil Cavuto and former Senator Fred Thompson R., TN. is like watching two old horses put out to pasture...it gets awful boring awful fast.
Fox in a tizzy yesterday announced how the market's would fall today on the news that the Healthcare Bill passed..surprise wounded equines..the markets are doing nicely today..

I want to memorize all the negative statements I have heard since yesterday regarding healthcare, so I can recite them on my death bed. It will make me accept my fate a little easier knowing I am leaving a world in which so much verbal flatulence is stinking it up.

Cajazz76:24:8   March 22nd, 2010 5:10 pm ET

Fox News Pundits all licking their wounded egos...all of them bleeding profusely..Use that new Healthcare Bill boy's and buy a few Band-Aids.

Glenn Beck sure can dance and has blistered the feet in his mouth..Bill O'Reilly sings so low his throat is raw with embarrassment..My favorite O'Hannity sits curled up in his electric chair..suffering from third degree burns to his blackened id.

IKHAN   March 22nd, 2010 5:11 pm ET

@Dr.Gary
I have yet to see a more ludicrous piece of writing.

@Cajazz. Nothing more can be added to what you said.

Rose   March 22nd, 2010 6:54 pm ET

@ Dr Gary CRAP

Calling our President "Muslim Husain" is pathetic. You and other ignorants out there who feel the need to falsely attack our President with lies about his Religion, Place of Birth (questioning his Nationality) and Race – need to stop. Get over it!

We will be judged by how we treat our poor, our needy, our sick. Yes, there is a price tag attached to this – as there was a Trillion dollar price tag attached to GWB's unjust war. Money for killing is readily available – but money for the sick? That's another story. Every name under the sun is horrifically spewed.

Lies created to spend on war were so easily digested by many. That's "patriotism". That's somehow okay. Spending to take care of those in need – it's attributed to "socialism" (?)

Too bad that yesterday some health care protestors felt the need to yell the N-word over 15 times to Congressman John Lewis, a leading civil rights activist. The protesters also shouted obscenities at other members of the Congressional Black Caucus outside the US Capitol building. Racial slurs to combat heath care initiatives at our government's doorstep.

Seems race somehow managed to rear its ugly head at the time of this critical vote in Congress.

Rose   March 22nd, 2010 8:03 pm ET

"Baby killer" nonsense shouted at Rep Bart Stupak by a Republican yesterday in Congress was lame.

In 2009 North Dakota passed the Egg-As-a-Person bill – giving a fertilized human egg the legal rights of a human being. The bill declared that "any organism with the genome of homo sapiens" is a person protected by rights granted by the North Dakota Constitution and State laws. Do they provide to the old, sick and poor the same level of security with health care? I mean the true "living" who breathe.

A microscopic cluster of cells is not a human being. What's next? "Egg killer"? The zygote-police at your door? The blastocyst-protection agency? The glint in the milkman's eye is best extinguished before the authorities show up.

Idzan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia   March 22nd, 2010 9:04 pm ET

@Ted

Thank you for understanding me.
II come from a developing nation.
So how can i criticize the US policies which is the superior being the world's most powerful nation.
The only thing i diagree is America fighting the war in Iraq and Afghansitan. Ditto the Vietnam War,
Skin color nor religion does not factor in all my discussions with you guys..
Malaysia as you know is a multi-racial nation with many colors and creed.
I am a Malay which means most of us have sallow, brown, tan or olive skin.
I am comfortable in my skin which is darker than yellow,
About my English, sure Kat should not expect me to write as well as you all whose mother tongue is English.
But like most middle-class families in Malaysia, our family speak English too besides Malay at home.

Idzan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia   March 22nd, 2010 9:23 pm ET

Sorry. Third line should read far superior, not the superior.

IKHAN   March 22nd, 2010 9:34 pm ET

@Idzan Ismail

Don't worry we get what you are saying.We have all heard good things about Malaysia.
Larry,
Reg Health Care Bill. We can expect a spate of venomous & mostly misleading statements & comments from those opposing it or rather opposing Pres.Obama like this "Hussain" nonsense. The idiot pack at Fox propaganda channel would surely be poisoning their barbs.
The insurance cos would get what's coming to them in due course I hope.

Cajazz76:24:8   March 22nd, 2010 10:18 pm ET

Idzan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia

I had to get a tease thrown your way with the zed. My daughter who is an editor for Viva and Decor magazines in Amman, Jordan had to learn the British enunciation and writing styles.

I would like for you to go on YouTube and search "Its an IPod' ...a funny segment from 99.6FM radio in Amman. It's a funny parody between a friend of my daughter's, the DJ, and a winner of a giveaway program..Enjoy it. You'll see quite quickly how difficult language barrier's can be..Tell me how you like it. Keep up the steady stream of blogging...later. cajazz.. Tossing this into both health care to reach you.

Idzan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia   March 23rd, 2010 12:43 am ET

@Cajazz

Thanks. i enjoyed it.
You really made my day. it had me in stitches.
Reminds me of my two girls. The eldest who graduated from UMass Amherst several years ago and the youngest who is now in her third year at U of Chicago.
After a few months there, they talk in an American accent complete with the twang.. Only the middle son who had a British degree speaks and write the Queens English.
Four years there, the girls are completely Americanized.
They were subjected to a lot of teasing from friends and family when they come home for the summer hoildays.
The eldest is now back to speaking Manglish (Malaysian English) like me.
In my three times visit to the US, i speak my Manglish. No Americans be it friends or stangers laugh at me.
After all, the important thing is to get across to the people you are communicating with.
I did English Literature for my O and A levels. Had to read Dickens, Shakespeare, etc.
But after that, they are all forgotten.
Infact my home library are full of books by American authors. I understand American slangs and the nuances better.
Now I had difficulty in understanding English movies and the talk shows on BBC or Granada TV.
Goes to show how much America influenced us in our reading, fashion and lifestyle.
You will be surprised that some of our teens who had never studied in the States also speak the American lingo.

Archie   March 23rd, 2010 6:02 am ET

Tax increase on whom? The few rich folks who have been enjoying far too many benefits for Bush's 8 years. This is not slowing down the economy–it was high time that we had an insurance for every American. At least we will have a fixed spending instead of treating numerous "uninsured" from tax-money? Or does that money come from elsewhere?

Ted   March 23rd, 2010 9:49 am ET

@ Idzan Ismail

I have visited your country in 1975. We took the train from Singapur to Kuala Lumpur, slept in the Hotel at the station that looks like a palast, then continued to Penang, where we spent a week.
I still have the pictures with local young bankers we met, we are the only two "white" persons, the other are all color of brown to almost black.
We had a great time and always be proud of your nation and ignore the stupids and bigots.

Idzan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia   March 23rd, 2010 8:38 pm ET

@Ted

That must be the Station Hotel. It's a Moorish architecture built by the British.
The hotel is no more. But the building is retained as a train museum.
We have since buitl an ultra-modern railway station.
Kuala Lumpur is fast progressing after the 80s. Whenever I am out of the country, I couldn't recognize the old KL when I come home..
You must visit again
You know the Petronas Twin Towers and its vicinity looks a bit like Boston. But it's too hot to walk about in the daytime..
Yep, we have yellow, brown and black people which comprrises of Malay, Chinese and Indian. Then there are the Eurasians .
But with the changing diet, the Chinese are looking like Malays and vice-versa,
Many whites marry Malaysians because they think we are exotic.
I dont know about that but there are many in my family married to Americans, British, French etc.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter