CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

March 18, 2010

Trump is Hiring! 'The Apprentice' is returning

Posted: 11:19 AM ET

via Entertainmentweekly.com

NBC announced today that it’s re-teaming with Donald Trump to launch a new version of its old reality show The Apprentice. The show plans to recruit 14 new candidates of various ages who have “been hit hard by the current economic downturn,” NBC said — like  job seekers who are unemployed or recent college graduates with no prospects. Nationwide casting calls will begin soon for the reboot, which is expected to bow this fall.

The Apprentice is a proven brand, and we believe its return is more relevant than ever since it will provide new hope for many Americans struggling in this difficult job market,” said Paul Telegdy, NBC’s head of alternative programming, in a statement. “Donald is going to be even more involved as he offers fantastic opportunities for the American worker, while the search for a quality job will resonate with contemporary viewers.”  Trump released this statement: “I am very excited to return to the original premise of The Apprentice. We’ve got to do something about the economy and this is a terrific way to provide jobs as well as business lessons along the way. NBC, Mark Burnett and I hope this economic downturn can begin a turnaround, and we’ll do our best with The Apprentice to see that it starts happening.  I’m proud to be putting people back to work, and to positively changing the psychology of America.”

The original version of The Apprentice premiered in January 2004 and later spawned The Celebrity Apprentice. The latest edition of which returned to the lineup last Sunday and attracted a respectable 8.3 million viewers.

Filed under: Entertainment • Trump

Theresa   March 18th, 2010 1:33 pm ET

If The Apprentice must be on get rid of Celebrity Apprentice please. I watched the 2 seasons of The Apprentice which I enjoyed when it originally was broadcast...that I didn't mind. I no longer need to see any further episodes of either. I think I watched 10 min. of the 1st episode of Celebrity Apprentice & that was more than enough!I won't watch the new Apprentice. Been there....done that!!

Donald L Allen   March 18th, 2010 6:21 pm ET

well this from Donnie to Donnie and I want say it right to play with word the way the US is doing you no the deal and so do I but I just ant gawked Right well but I,V got A lot of just what they say is a good IDea four how every has got night scene to realize it you no there dale I think there just playing what or word and I am talking about the US of how every is doing all the cheating in the house if you call it that life is good four me and Mooney don't mater that much way sued it I live and I don,t haft to put up with them what else can you wish four you no the Donald and By the way this is Donald L Allen see you Donald Be well I no your doing well so what can I say check me alt sum time and you may learn a lot I,M not rich but what Du's it mater

Donald L Allen   March 18th, 2010 6:22 pm ET

PS Donald I don,t no if you or four the Bill but I just want to be share My vote is against it I think there just up to no good see you OK Donald L Allen

Sandy   March 18th, 2010 7:07 pm ET

I'm glad Donald Trump is going back to ordinary Americans. Celebrity Apprentice is not as interesting as the original concept.

Joe G. (Illinois)   March 18th, 2010 7:15 pm ET

Obama is creating jobs by ever more progressive extension of Government and spending of the Chinese’s free money. And now Donald Trump wants to join partnership in the endeavors of reducing unemployment.. Whom to trust for the Job?

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   March 18th, 2010 8:08 pm ET

Good on him. Need some positivity in this depressed world and it is challenging times we live in now. The boom days are gone. University graduates are leaving and finding it harder to find jobs. It is even difficult to get menial jobs. Maybe he can offer some inspiration. He's been there.

janette tx   March 19th, 2010 2:44 am ET

Go away Funny Hair and spend all your money ,you are such a
a bore .

Dodie   March 19th, 2010 6:15 am ET

A man with millions and he is illusional... well maybe delusional.

Trump, you look like a ostridge that just steped on an electric grid..... either accept the balding spot or get some hair plugs. Whats the big deal...

Donald L Allen   March 19th, 2010 9:07 am ET

most off the time I think I mite be wright but you say the diff sum time I say wall it just one of the thing you see sum time I no to Be a seeker you must talk to people and sum of As or not so good at it but as four the US I told you so see like I do and you my friend well be wright you see ween you agree you get along much better they say but I,M not to good at that ether see you Be well just Thoth I wood drop my line from the Donald to the Donald

Sandy   March 19th, 2010 9:53 am ET

@Joe G.,
That would be Trump.

Brenda   March 20th, 2010 9:55 pm ET

Don't like the Apprentice Show. Because don't like Reality Shows. Don't like Your Fired. So, how many jobs has The Donald created. Something about it don't trust.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter