CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

March 16, 2010

Corey Haim's Funeral Draws Hundreds Of Friends, Family And Fans

Posted: 08:00 PM ET

Via MTV.com

A friend described the 45-minute service in Toronto as 'very sad but with a lot of laughter.'

Hundreds of friends and family packed the Thornhill memorial chapel in Toronto on Tuesday (March 16) for the funeral of actor Corey Haim, who died last week at age 38 of yet-undetermined causes.

According to The Toronto Star, more than 200 people attended the ceremony, while more than a dozen fans of "The Lost Boys" star stood quietly on the chapel lawn outside to pay their respects. Maytal Kotler — a second cousin of Haim's longtime friend and acting foil Corey Feldman who also appeared in the pair's reality show, "The Two Coreys" — described the service as "very sad but with a lot of laughter." The service was closed to the public. Among the speakers at the event were Haim's best friend and an aunt and a cousin, according to CBC News.

(READ MORE)

Filed under: Entertainment • Larry King Live

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   March 17th, 2010 12:42 am ET

I'm glad he got a good send off. May he rest in peace.

pat davis   March 17th, 2010 1:11 am ET

Sad....just sad! I've been rooting for the two Corey's....now one is gone.

God Bless You Corey Haim.....

ROBERT REED   March 17th, 2010 4:10 am ET

Sorry, but You are the Worst interviewer, so sad that most U.S. Americans have almost NO knowledge of the World around them–and That is why YOU continue to be accepted .
I Sit and watch. and time after time have questions in my mind, which if you had been Awake, would have asked, or you would have at least Challenged, Please RETIRE.

Kat   March 17th, 2010 8:58 am ET

Larry,

am tired of people with fame and money killing themselves on drugs or soem other craziness while some of us struggle to make ends meet and yet stay away from drugs!

Let us talk health care reform! Tell 'um to vote YES!

Kat   March 17th, 2010 9:00 am ET

@Robert Reed, you are one sour orange! Leave Larry alone! Why do you watch his show if it was no good. Take a long hard look in the mirror bud....Leave larry alone!

Cajazz76:24:8   March 17th, 2010 1:04 pm ET

True color's certainly have shown through with Corey Feldman and the pieces of a puzzle have allowed me to see what I have suspected.

Feldman made the statement recently that Haim was living in subsidized housing and those who have been critical of him should financially assist him. The first thing that came to my mind was the obvious..why hasn't Feldman helped him financially?

That thought passed until it was made public that Feldman did not even attend his funeral service. There was no mass hysteria of onlooker's, just a few standing nearby watching.

I read that Feldman made the statement he would have his own private memorial to his so-called friend...I visualize him urinating on his so-called friend's interred remain's...sometime in 2020 or beyond...and only due to a chance encounter.....

dnj4mj   March 17th, 2010 1:05 pm ET

My heart will never heal.. May you rest eternally Corey without the demons and the mean spirited people, the ones who caused your demons in the first place, then cast you aside.. I will miss you forever, i will never forget you.

Corey Feldman i will keep my thoughts of you over the last 48hrs to myself.

Tracy   March 17th, 2010 7:57 pm ET

The more I see Corey Feldman on the news the more I am sickened. What a media attention starved wannabe. To those of you that are all about Todd Bridges, look at the episode of the two Corey's that Bridges, Pauly Shore and Feldman ambushed Corey Haim. Jerks!
You know that show was nothing but a way to mistreat and embarrass Corey Haim. But you know what, he was still beautiful and people still love him despite you. So Todd Bridges stop acting like you cared for him. You and Corey Feldman are using this wonderful creatures death as a way to make money and get your faces on tv. Get over it guys, you aren't going to be anything more than you are and Corey will always be the one listed before you in the films he made and he will always be the one that was beautiful and kind and real. I am glad that you didn't go to his funeral Feldman, it would have been horrible for a donkey to have interrupted such a precious moment.
To you Corey Haim, you beautiful boy with those lovely eyes and heart warming smile. Thank you for making my heart flutter as a young girl, making me giggle and for being such a joy to see in films and interviews. you were real and the angels are singing with joy now that you are with them. No one can take advantage of you anymore you darling man, God bless you and keep, We love you Haimster~

Bebe   March 17th, 2010 10:46 pm ET

Why are you Americans so consumed with the sex lives of your politicians?? I mean, honestly, what is up with that??!!

Is it because you guys are so sexually deprived and misguided that if someone is having good sex you guys get totally envious of that person?

Bebe   March 17th, 2010 11:17 pm ET

I am sorry, everybody. I'm in the wrong location. I meant my comment for the blog "LKL last night: Discussion on John Edwards' mistress interview".

Rose   March 18th, 2010 5:51 pm ET

Apparently Corey Feldman was not invited to Corey Haim's funeral. Feldman said he respected Haim's family's wishes for a small, private funeral. "Respecting wishes" may be polite wording for not being invited. Feldman's presence would have increased unwanted publicity by the family at this difficult time. Give Feldman a chance to hold his memorial in L.A.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter