CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

March 9, 2010

Blushing Simon Cowell (Sort of) Confirms He's Engaged

Posted: 06:40 PM ET

Via People.com

By Cynthia Wang

Simon Cowell scowling – typical. Simon Cowell blushing? Indeed.

The famously cantankerous American Idol judge squirmed in his seat on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Monday as the host dissected reports of Cowell's engagement to Idol makeup artist Mezhgan Hussainy.

"Are rumors you're engaged true?" Leno asked. Cowell took a moment and responded carefully, "Are they true? Well, I do have somebody in my life now, Jay, yes. And I kinda made a decision this year to make somebody happy."

As the audience cheered, Leno asked about the huge ring Hussainy has been sporting on her left hand.

"I thought she broke her arm," Leno joked. Cowell responded, "It's quite a big one, yes."

When Leno called Cowell out for turning red, Cowell confessed, "I am blushing." Leno asked, "Where did you, or may have, gotten engaged?" Cowell said, "I find this very uncomfortable. I was asleep, I think. No, look, I bought her the ring in London."

Later, Leno spotted Hussainy, 36, in the audience and invited her to come on stage to join Cowell, 50. The pair looked giddy and comfortable with each other, said a witness.

Read more…

Filed under: American Idol • Entertainment

A. Smith, Oregon   March 9th, 2010 8:14 pm ET

Is Simon Cowell going to finish High School now or get his GED?

Idzan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia   March 9th, 2010 8:33 pm ET

Wow.Finally.
I thought he is gay.
Congrats.

@A.Smith. Hi.
Since Smion is British, it's O-Level or A-Level.
Haha,

Rose   March 9th, 2010 9:00 pm ET

A British-Afghani wedding! That should be interesting!

Idzan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia   March 9th, 2010 9:03 pm ET

Is she an Afghan Muslim?
If so, does this mean Simon will convert to Islam.

whatever   March 9th, 2010 9:04 pm ET

he left Paula for that????

MzNomerNAzona   March 9th, 2010 10:19 pm ET

Simon should not leave Idol...Ellen Degeneres is a disaster on that show....where's her cred as a music critic....I think they need musicians to judge these singers....come on...Ellen?????get serious. And I too am surprised Simon engaged, he is gay isn't he?

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter