CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

February 25, 2010

Missing actor's family makes plea for son to return

Posted: 08:03 AM ET

Andrew Koenig's father, hoping his missing son just wants to be alone for a while, made an emotional appeal directly to him Wednesday.

"I just want to know you're OK," Walter Koenig said at a news conference in Vancouver, Canada. "If it means you just want to stay here, that's OK. You don't have to come back. Just let us know that's your intention."

Walter and Judy Koenig have been distraught since they realized the former "Growing Pains" star missed his flight from Vancouver to Los Angeles, California, last week.

The last time anyone who knows Koenig saw him was at a friend's Vancouver home on February 14, police said.

About 30 police officers formed search teams Tuesday to scour the city's 1,000-acre Stanley Park, where friends said Koenig, 41, liked to take long walks, police said.

(read more)

Filed under: Hollywood

carebear   February 25th, 2010 11:58 am ET

My prayers are with the Koenig family; I hope they that soon find Andrew. May he be safe and know that he is loved. Call your parents Andrew, please, or call someone else whom you trust. All problems can be worked out. God bless you and your family.

pat davis   February 25th, 2010 4:46 pm ET

I hope this mystery has a happy ending....

Cajazz76:24:8   February 25th, 2010 5:23 pm ET

Sadly and with reservation I see a scenario I had the unfortunate experience to endure.

Justconcerned   February 25th, 2010 5:56 pm ET

I hope someone can reach out to Andrew and let him know, if he was having especially tough times in Hollywood, not to take it personally, often it's the case where due to competition, unrelated to the individual. Seems to be a trend, folks surround people from famous families, pretending to be friends while trying to discourage them, because they are jealous of the family member's success - it's quite possible since there were some that were jealous of Star Trek's success, and popularity with DC politicians too. So I hope he doesn't take it personally, but reaches out his christian friends, if any, like Kirk Cameron. Best wishes to him and his family meanwhile, as folks' prayers are with them.

charlenebrutto   February 25th, 2010 6:37 pm ET

I think Larry King was very rude to this family. He is always rude when he is not interested in what the guests have to say.

Catherine A Smith   February 25th, 2010 8:08 pm ET

The Vancouver Police found the body in Stanley Park, which they believe it is the Missing Actor Andrew Koenig.

Mickey   February 25th, 2010 10:46 pm ET

My condolences to the Koeinig family. You were right to leave LKL last night. Your son deserved more than to fill out the last two minutes of the show.

Anne D   February 25th, 2010 11:08 pm ET

My condolences to the family if the body found is Andrew. I was really hoping for a different outcome as was everyone. You are right, Mickey, what was the point of 2 minutes; gives the appearance of an after thought.

Callie   February 26th, 2010 1:04 pm ET

My heartfelt compassion go out to the Koenig family on the loss of their beautiful son. May God's Peace that surpasses all understanding, flood your hearts, minds, and spirits at this time. I intercede in prayer for others daily, and am praying for you now. For 24 hour prayer call 1-800-759-0700, CBN Ministries since 1961, or ORU anointed prayer tower in OK at 1-918-495-7777.

Maria Copelli   March 1st, 2010 7:43 pm ET

What beutiful caring brown eyes this young man has,I am so sorry, he felt this was the answer to his troubles.My heart and prayers go out to his family. Love MariaC.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
BarnesĀ & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter