CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

February 25, 2010

Larry King Live Tonight!

Posted: 04:00 PM ET

President Obama and GOP leaders clash on health care reform! The heated debate continues with Democrat Howard Dean and Republican Bill Frist! Did today’s summit accomplish anything?

Plus, the director and star of the Oscar-nominated movie ‘The Hurt Locker’ are here! Kathryn Bigelow and Jeremy Renner take us into the dangerous and deadly world of explosives.

And, get the latest on the tragedy at SeaWorld! Why some say this will happen again! Jack Hanna will be here. He knew the trainer who was killed! And, Bob Barker’s plea to set the whales free.

Do YOU think killer whales should be kept in captivity?

Let us know!

Filed under: Academy Awards • Health Care

AlphaPoe1   February 25th, 2010 6:16 pm ET

I'm hoping we'll get a health bill so the 30,000,000 of us who don't have it can get it. The republicans' proposal that would cover 3,000,000 just doesn't cut it when 30,000,000 are without it. The republicans have to stop putting money before people. It's urgent and necessary.

And no I don't think killer whales should be in captivity. They should be free in the ocean as they were meant to be. That would also avoid tragedies like this one.

Lary. Alba   February 25th, 2010 6:46 pm ET

Larry;
Referencing Mary Matalin's comment on Wolfe Blitzer's show:
"Democrats believe healthcare is a right. Republicans believe it's a responsibility."
Did American Civics IQs just drop? What Rights come without Responsibilities? This is where Republicans come up short in their civic imagination. The flip side to every right enumerated in the Constitution is a coresponding responsibility!

Terry, TX   February 25th, 2010 6:54 pm ET

These 30 million AlphaPoe1 refers to....includes the illegal alien population.... so stop right there ....we don't need a 2,400 page monstrosity.... start over.... this one sucks.... I am on page 1,897... try reading it before you state an unintelligent opinion.

Terry, TX   February 25th, 2010 6:58 pm ET

Quote from Howard Dean...""You think people can work all day and then pick up their kids at child care or wherever and get home and still manage to sandwich in an eight-hour vote? Well Republicans, I guess can do that. Because a lot of them have never made an honest living in their lives."

Terry, TX   February 25th, 2010 7:09 pm ET

Quote from Howard Dean...."I hate Republicans and everything they stand for."

Chef Jay Bethel   February 25th, 2010 7:19 pm ET

Okay Larry, you need to ask the question to the people, Should the government drop the current plans on the table and go with a whole new plan? I think it's crazy to start over especially when look at how long it took to get to this point and look what has gone. Do Republicans really think that starting over there will be any difference? If so, start with what you have and delete or add to it. Duh!

A. Smith, Oregon   February 25th, 2010 7:19 pm ET

Thousands of western medical centers and hospitals are operating in the red and are in danger of going bankrupt. Could this be the true reason why the Federal Govt. is talking about forcing Americans to purchase hyper-expensive life insurance contracts and policy's, a mere falsehood designed to prop up a very corrupt and failing industry?

Chef Jay   February 25th, 2010 7:23 pm ET

Terry from TX, Would you rather pay a hire price for those illegal aliens as you call them, or have them pay their fair share for the same care as the rest of us. Most of them pay taxes just like I do they just don't get any credit for it.

A. Smith, Oregon   February 25th, 2010 7:28 pm ET

A thousand dollars for a disposable surgical stapler, ten dollars for TWO TYLENOL PILLS. There is huge price gouging of western medical patients to support the vast and growing greed by western medical doctors, pharmaceutical corporations and the western medical hospital corporations.

Eastern medical industry costs are mere pennys on the dollar the same person would be forced to spend on routine western medical practitioner visits. In many country's and Eastern medical practices IF YOUR HEALTH DOES NOT IMPROVE, you do not pay a penny, and you can return until your health does improve.

Western medical practices would nearly all FAIL if they were forced to charge nothing if their patients health did not improve!

Terry, TX   February 25th, 2010 7:31 pm ET

Quotes from Howard Dean on Obamacare...."There isn’t any insurance reform left in this bill to speak of!" "This is a harmful bill to the nation."
"The republicans are right about the rhetoric of this bill"

These are the only words of Howard Dean I agree with.

Chef Jay   February 25th, 2010 7:40 pm ET

Larry,
You should as this question to the people tonight. Do you believe scrapping the current Healthcare plans and starting over is a good idea? The Republicans keep saying this is what the people want, but I haven't seen a poll that specifically ask that question. I personally don't think so what a waste of time. You see how long it took them to get this far.

jeanne   February 25th, 2010 9:13 pm ET

The Republicans continue their vociferous statements that Americans do not want a Health Care Bill..republicans do not speak for me or the majority of people that voted them out in the last elections. I guess the strategy is to keep throwing as much muck to the wall as possible, maybe some will stick. Obama and the Democrats need to be united over this, and not let us down..courage is needed, courage and get the job done without the republicans. After all who cares about them anymore?

padmanabha shetty   February 25th, 2010 9:44 pm ET

Just wanted to know why cnn cannot present whats good and bad about this health care proposal in lame mans term without being talking to people who ploticle connected to one of the partys. isuppose cnn being a great organgision could be fair to the avg amercian

A. Smith, Oregon   February 25th, 2010 10:06 pm ET

Rather than force Big Pharma to sell American's their drugs at the lowest prices they sell to the rest of the world, Federal Govt. took a 8 Billion dollar bribe from Big Pharma in a compromise. How in the hell does that help American Seniors and their incredibly expensive drug bills?

And then today during the Health Summit, President Obama instructed the audience on how Walmart tells their sellers to provide the lowest possible price! Good Point President Obama, do you want to match your WORDS with Action? FORCE BIG PHARMA to adopt the same drug pricing as the Canadian Govt. forced Big Pharma to, namely the lowest price for that same drug being sold elsewhere in the world.

Match WORDS with DEEDS, President Obama. Force Big Pharma to lower their hyper-marked up expensive drug prices.

nina   February 25th, 2010 10:08 pm ET

was anything said about SEn Frist's family affiliation with healthcare insurance as in HCA?...and why do we never dwell on SEn Bayh leaving the congress when Wellpoint ..(.a company upon whose board his wife sits).may have found the senate a sticky place to be ???thanks Nina

A. Smith, Oregon   February 25th, 2010 10:11 pm ET

Thousands of Western medical Hospitals, clinics and MD's are close to declaring bankruptcy. IS the hyper-marked up costs simply a push to solve their bad practices at the expense of their patients?

Is Forcing Americans to purchase hyper-expensive health care policy's simply a smokescreen to save these failing institutions?

Let them FAIL!

Western MD's do not deserve your house and retirement savings treating aliments which they cannot themselves actually treat!

michael armstrong sr.   February 25th, 2010 10:11 pm ET

Get a life people the Dems. are in charge not the rebublicans

martin from brasil   February 25th, 2010 10:12 pm ET

health is a right no a privilege. your broken govenment will help the economy for the rest of the world . thanks

A. Smith, Oregon   February 25th, 2010 10:13 pm ET

If your Western Medical MD. cannot treat your health problem in a manner that YOUR health condition improves, there should be a legal standard like that found in other country's, the patient pays no money.

No health improvement, no bill and no payment.

James in Idaho   February 25th, 2010 10:18 pm ET

I am referencing a comment he made in discussion with Wolf Blitzer and Donna Brazile earlier today in the situation rooms coverage of the summit.

Valerie Elliott   February 25th, 2010 10:21 pm ET

Mix up the seating around the table – Dem., Rep., Dem.,Rep.... And then have them Outline a health care system for Themselves and their extended families. Use the existing bill(s) and fill in the outline. Whatever is missing, add; whatever is extra, consider and/or remove. Make whatever passes include all members of Congress, They are acting like stubborn four-year-olds. If they don't get their way, they pout and won't play together anymore. At least s4 year olds forget after a few minutes!

Ghazi Kashmolah   February 25th, 2010 10:24 pm ET

Business leaders make cost reduction decisions every day to run a profitable enterprise based on facts and data yet here we have politicians making decisions without data and facts just personal opinions. I am very disappointed that when they discuss cost of paying for the health care reform it appears that the focus has been only on Tax payers have to carry all of the load of paying for the reform but individuals such as Ben Stein and some republicans seems to overlook the other option of reducing and controlling the massive profits made by insurance companies to partially pay for this reform. Hire a supply chain executive from industry and the first thing they will tell you to reduce your cost is to leverage your purchasing power by pooling all of your volume with 1-2 suppliers “DA”. We need leadership that can provide solutions and put the interest of the people of the United States above special interest and political gain. Vote every incumbent out Democrat, Republican, Pretend Independents and hire business leaders with a can do attitude. Doing nothing is not an option.

James in Idaho   February 25th, 2010 10:27 pm ET

And I also do the remodeling and construction when needed, if a carpet needs changed "I" rip it and the padding up and clean the surface it's laid down on so some guy at home depot can come in and do the easy stuff, all so the owners of the business can pay less.

In short, I'm doing at least seven, possibly more, of the jobs republicans like John McShame and George Bush swore I couldn't or wouldn't or didn't want to do.

Ralph Bateman   February 25th, 2010 10:30 pm ET

There are literally thousands of foreign Doctors and medical professionals living in the US not willing to go through 'Residency' again.

If the AMA allowed these professionals to test in thier area of specialty ONLY, rather than have them basically start at the beginning, even if they are only allowed to treat Americans without healthcare, two things would happen... All Americans would have access to affordable healthcare, and the cost of healthcare would fall.

My wife Is a Physician, unable to work for over two years... Not 'qualified' by AMA, and over qualified by everyone else.

Sherry N. Calif.   February 25th, 2010 10:30 pm ET

Insurance companies made a profit of $12 billion in 2009. They still are raising our ins. premiums from 39% and higher for individuals. How much did the banks make off of U.S. last year? How many Republicans and Democrats have lined their pockets from Lobbyists with this money?

Does this not get through to anyone that we live in a Corpocracy not a Democracy any longer? Canada is looking better everyday.

Tony Freckleton   February 25th, 2010 10:35 pm ET

Larry King, How come with all the squabble over how we will pay for health care no one has offered the idea of taking $5.00 out of all working Americans pay to fund a new health Insurance, check how many working people there are and X it by 5.00 do u think Americans would mind if you got the same quality care at a cheaper cost to you? Just like what they do for SS, it comes out your pay every pay check, I dont here anyone complaining

Anne D   February 25th, 2010 10:39 pm ET

I watched most of the healthcare debate today. While many here do not like the Republicans, they came very prepared and put some good ideas on the table, some of which the President has already identified as good points. David Gergen said "this was the best days Republicans have had in a long time."

It's hard to understand why the two parties don't move forth with an up or down vote on the proposals on which they agree.

Both parties agree that those with pre-existing conditions should not be denied coverage by the insurance companies. The President, however, feels that they cannot vote that in without the whole package. I still think there is a lot that could be better explained to the country. He probably feels that way because no system can survive by just supporting those who are ill. For it to work, more contributions need to
come from those who are not currently ill as well.

On the same subject, no one wants someone who is ill to be denied coverage. However, do we want people opting out, not contributing to the overall cost in any way and then suddenly upon becoming ill, they want in. Probably not; thus it's important that everyone who can contribute do so.

Some don't like the idea that companies be penalized if they do not provide coverage. Other companies may feel that if being penalized is an option, then as a company who provides coverage, they will stop doing so and pay the penalty since it's less costly. This needs additional work because some companies perhaps will struggle to pay the penalty and they will have to let employees go or stop hiring additional employees. Other companies who opt to pay the penalties and save themselves money by not providing the coverage will create a problem also since that will take a lot of money out of the system. Perhaps the solution could be based on the profit margin of the individual company.

Everyone has a different opinion, of course, but I am not sure why doing away with the donut hole needs to be part of the initial bill. The people to whom this applies already have medical coverage thru Medicare or Medicare Advantage and already have some coverage for drugs. It would seem to me that the most important consideration would be for people younger than Medicare age who do not have coverage but make enough money or have assets such that they are not eligible for Medicaid but don't make enough money to purchase a policy for themselves and their families. Also, high priority should be given people younger than 65 who have no coverage because they have lost their jobs along with the medical coverage provided by the employer.

Both parties feel something needs to be done about the fraud in insurance, particularly Medicaid and Medicare, and I understand it is part of the bill. For me the question is why does this need to be part of the bill. Why not take action on this immediately. If one wants to report fraud that he/she is aware of, good luck and let us all know when you find someone who wants to listen. This fraud adds an astronomical amount to the cost of healthcare.

@A. Smith, back to the donut hole and seniors. I assume you know that in addition to the $8 billion cut by pharma, the pharma companies heavily discount their drugs for Medicare Part D. The drugs are much more discounted for this market segment than for insurers and even there, there are tremendous discounts. Also, perhaps you know that 70% of drug utilization is generic when means no co-pay or $4 or $5 even without insurance. But again, I think those who have some coverage should not be the first priority; those with no coverage should be.

There seems to be criticism and finger pointing everywhere, but little offered in the way of solutions. Perhaps voting all of them out and starting over would be the best idea. Although in reality both the Dems and Republicans make good arguments.

Ann-Virginia   February 25th, 2010 10:55 pm ET

Re:hc debate,John McCain sure made a fool of himself today.I'm glad the President put him in his place.If McCain,Boehner and a few other Republicans there today had been serious about a hc bill they would have left the talking points at home & discussed what to do to get a hc bill for Americans.Republican,Paul Ryan & a few others were apparently there to try to compromise & had some good ideas,but those negative Republicans mentioned at the top ran all over them not wanting to do anything but say"NO"to any discussion.How are ,the American public,ever going to have affordable hc with this kind of theatrics.I say if they don't want to compromise when given the opportunity,then bring on reconcilliation & get it done & now.

Charlie   February 25th, 2010 11:07 pm ET

The Hurt Locker is an awesome film. It brings the drama of warfare in a way I have not experienced since my deployment to Desert Storm. I can only imagine what my younger brethren in arms are experiencing in the field today. However, director Kathryn Bigelow got it right and actor Jeremy Renner plaid a very believable combat experienced soldier.

RJ   February 25th, 2010 11:20 pm ET

Barry Soetoro is a fraud, he must be impeached and jailed!

charlotte In.   February 25th, 2010 11:24 pm ET

We all know the Republicans have no intentions of doing anything at all. They should not get paid for the year! come on people! enough of the petty stuff, I hope President Obama just pushes things thru like Bush did. Bush did what he wanted no matter what anyone thought. So there is a way.

Jewels   February 25th, 2010 11:24 pm ET

I am so angry with Ben Stein tonight. Just because people don't have health insurance does not mean they are poor. I am a 62 year old college educated woman who has been on Cobra and it is ending. The only insurance I can get is $1500 per month. I have a little nestegg, my car is paid off, I have no credit cards, and I have raised 3 children and worked the last 35 years. Unfortunately, I didn't work for a large corporation and I have health problems. There are some unfortunate personal incidents in my life that I'd rather not share like a late in life divorce.

I'm semi-retired, doing a job where my room and board are paid and live a comfortable life. I make around 35K a year and can't possibly afford $17K a yr. for insurance with deductibles plus medicine. I'm not asking for a handout. I just want a chance to buy into a pool at a reasonable cost. I don't want your charity and I don't think most of the other 30,000,000 without insurance want your money. We want to buy insurance that we can afford. Would you like to pay 50-75% of your take home pay for insurance? You insult hard working people. Poor people have insurance, it's called medicaid.

charlotte / Indiana   February 25th, 2010 11:29 pm ET

charlotte / Indiana   February 25th, 2010 11:33 pm ET

Why cant we have healthcare like the Canadians? Everything Bush wanted, he got. He just didn't acknowledge the Senate or the House.President Obama Has to let the petty Republicans do their pouting, and sit there and do nothing. Take their pay and hc for the year.They have not earned it. It is clear they have no intentions of trying to do anything at all!

Mary Spies   February 25th, 2010 11:42 pm ET

I pay my bills, I own my own home, I own my own business, I pay my taxes and I do not have health insurance. I cannot even afford a mammogram.

Everyday women like me make a conscience decision to live or die. To ignore warning signs that should have you calling a doctor. Even if you can afford the initial exam any kind of follow up exams, imaging or biopsy can be financially crippling. Just the idea of paying for cancer treatment forces you to ask yourself “Do I continue seeking treatment and face losing my home, my job, my business, everything I’ve worked for? Am I willing to face medical bills for the rest of my life that I can never hope to pay off?

For many the answer is no and with that the only questions remaining are; How long do I have? How much pain will I be in? Will I be able to get my affairs in order? Sadly, there are women who face these questions everyday.

It’s hard to find a resource for someone like me; you fit somewhere between the cracks not without funds, but not enough funds to self-insure not on any type of public assistance, just without insurance.

Small business owners like me are the last to be paid, the last to get a raise or days off. If you have a family, your children come first and your own health is set aside. You wait until a cough has turned into pneumonia; a cut becomes infected on so on. You cannot afford to see a doctor and pay $100 to be told to go home drink fluids and stay in bed.

Please, stop with “poor people” should be given health insurance. "Poor people" are on or at least eligible for public assistance, incarcerated individuals have healthcare. I am Middle America and I am forgotten and passed over. I make my house payment and go without things I'd like to have. I pay my taxes and go without vacations. I do all that because my credit is important to me. However, there are no breaks for me.

I understand healthcare is a business but it became my right the first time my tax dollar was given to a medical student, hospital, drug company or research center. It became my right the first time my tax dollar paid for medical relief overseas. I deserve to benefit. I have paid for the right of healthcare in America.

Theresa   February 25th, 2010 11:58 pm ET

@ Charlotte–this Canadian is certainly glad I live in a country that has universal health care. The costs your citizens have to pay is exorbitant. Our healthcare isn't perfect by any means but i prefer it. No ins. premiums, no cost for DR. appt.,hospitals,xrays,cat scans , MRI, mammogram,etc.

James31   February 26th, 2010 12:06 am ET

@Mary Spies, you are correct. It is people in your situation who need the most help. Hopefully you will receive some relief soon.

A. Smith, Oregon   February 26th, 2010 12:06 am ET

@ Mary Spies, any relation to Ben Spies, that fantastic international motorcycle racer phenom?

Mary Spies   February 26th, 2010 12:10 am ET

No relation to Ben Spies. I bet he has health insurance!

Gerald Jolly   February 26th, 2010 12:13 am ET

HO-HUM just another waste of taxpayers money to achieve nothing.

GEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Dennis DeMille   February 26th, 2010 12:15 am ET

Use a $1200. piece of hardware one time. What happened to an autoclave sterlizer?

Anne D   February 26th, 2010 1:04 am ET

@Dennis DeMille, unfortunately it has been determined that autoclave sterilizers do not always kill the hepatitis B virus, a virus that can lead to very serious consequences.

Nikkinewsss   February 26th, 2010 1:18 am ET

I watched the Health Care Summit and am very proud of our President. I know now after watching the republicans just don't want to help the people that make 40k or lower.. I loved the twitter that came in on a break with Wolf Blitzer and one twitter said, it best.."LET THE CONGRESS GO WITHOUT MEDICAL INSURANCE UNTIL SOMETHING PASSES..THEN YOU WILL SEE THE REPUBLICANS SCRAMBLE!! Personally, my insurance just went up last month from $378.00 a month for just me, single to $454.00! It will keep going up if someone doesn't stop this!! Now! Not back to the drawing board!! Please!! Republicans! listen up! we need health care now! As for me I wish we had that choice still of Public Option!! It would make insurance companies jumpy! Look how much Blue Cross made!!! One last note. Please Repulicans dont keep saying people dont want this bill to pass they do!! The president said quote "You can keep your Ins if u like it.. Well I will soon have to drop mine as it cost to much.. Help....

Nikkinewsss   February 26th, 2010 1:26 am ET

Sorry am watching Larry King Live show.. so I duplicated my earlier comment .... instead of re writing it... but I want my message to be heard, I am an American and have a voice in hopes of this health care problem we face.
I wonder if the congress made 40k or less, and was without health insurance until a bill is past how long it would take?? I bet we would have a bill tomorrow.. Please help pass a bill. I have a pre-existing condition and very scared as my premium went from $378 a month to this past month $454.00 .. I don't know how long I can keep paying that amount, yet no one will take me because of my illness.
Nikki

Mary Spies   February 26th, 2010 1:37 am ET

@ Nikkinewsss I am 61 5 years ago health insurance for just me was quoted at over $900 a month and the deductible was something like $5500. It is amazing that an insurance company doesn't offer wellness.

Nikkinewsss   February 26th, 2010 2:37 am ET

Mary Spies
That is terrible. I read your story and it saddens me that in a country that is as wealthy as we are, why do the rich get richer and the poor stay poor. I was brought up to work hard and think smart. I have all my life. When you least expect it your health can change in a NY minute. I have exhausted my savings by paying such high premiums and because of my illness my health care is most important to pay over anything. I pray to God to watch over me and help me make it through each day. It is terrible when you have paid into the system ( if you want to call it that) and yet when you have an illness after working 40 plus years breaking your back with long hours, loosing a husband because you work so hard and long hours, it hurts. Then to think , this really makes me sick ,, that murders in jail get medical, and clothes and shelter!!!! figure that one out !!! I worked so many years so I could enjoy retirement, now with my illness that is not possible, and to make it worse I can't afford COBRA anymore. I made about 45,000, and thought I had a great life going, but when you get ill and unable to work, they drop you, and then you can't get coverage anywhere, believe me I have exhausted ,myself doing research , and Mary it is WRONG for our congress to just let people that have paid there bills, kept good credit, paid taxes , paid into SS and Medicare all their lives and to get denied because of an illness is unconstitional in my opinion. I Have read about so many people dying because of no health care, each story I cry, because this is America!! but yet people are on the streets, people starve, homeless, etc. Don't laugh but I almost married a man that I did not love, but he had the best health coverage because he was like a congressman, he does not even have to pay part B of medicare as he gets reinbursed, and has free!! suppliment medical Blue Cross no less ( he worked for the State) for him and a spouse. they pay nothing for the rest of their lives.. I thought about it, and he begged to marry me, and he looked like Sean Connery lol... but I was not inlove, at my age, I don't think I ever will be, but believe me I thought about that coverage alot!!!!!........ no matter what I had to do.. but like you I am prideful, honest and will Let Jesus take the wheel.... If those congressmen had to go without health insurance I wonder what they would say!!! I watched Keith Oberman on I think it was CNN or MSNBC and his Dad is very ill, and even he saw what his Dad had to go through with health care, as all was not covered... This is America,, no child or adult , elderly,, anyone should go without HEALTHCARE!!!! NO ONE!!! Sorry this is so long, but it is an issue that I get ill just thinking about my future.. Probably wind up in a county nursing home getting beat lol... Thank you for your response,,,, keep in touch if you like,, and God Bless you..
Nikki

Eddie Cole   February 26th, 2010 3:23 am ET

Its pathetic the Repubican's are blocking something so curcial for the American people. Right Wing Conservative America should fly away........

Save the WHALES...Set them free!!

Ferdinand Repollo   February 26th, 2010 4:33 am ET

polital parties and lobbyist should be ban in congress.they are not part of the constitution and therefore it's illegal for politicians to legislate if they are affiliated w/ this group....and then maybe things will start moving in washington.

cocat   February 26th, 2010 4:34 am ET

I have been laid off three times and currntly unemployed. I pay hundreds for my own private healthcare which I can barely afford but I would rather continue to wait than pass this horrible heathcare bill. " And yes I have read some of it." It is very condescending to think that congress believes that most of americans just can not understand it or they would certainly would like the bill. I have time to wait for Dems to work with the Republicans on something new. I would rather take the time on a sensible and affordable bill.

Jacqueline M. Mayo   February 26th, 2010 6:34 am ET

I have lived in spain dor over 20 years and have, what you call¨socialized medicine´¨. I have had excellent care and have recieved all the treatments and onesI personally asked my doctor to give me without hesitation. I have also recieved substandard care on my travels to New york and Tennessee while on vacation to see my family. Refusing a specialist because I did not have insurance! It is time the the citizens of the United States have something they deserve.It´s amazing that insurace companies are getting richer while their clients are getting less care. Is that normal?? Bravo to President Obama for televising the negotiations...let the people see who is not doing their job...politicians are the EMPLOYEES of the people they represent.I believe we saw some very uncomfortable politicians if it continues!!!

RJ   February 26th, 2010 8:40 am ET

I challenge all you liberals to google Barry Soetoro, expand your feeble minds!

j   February 26th, 2010 11:07 am ET

politics...they are a changing...call them out President Obama...cantor..nice prop...mccain....campaign over....boehner...shut up on your talking points...you are just mad there is a tax on tanning beds...fox...spin is coming to an end...repubs do not know what to do...the light is shining on them...don't care about people...very sad

Daren Virginia   February 26th, 2010 11:17 am ET

I know the moderator is scratching his head and doesn't know what to do with my post. LOL But you know I speak the truth. But we can't have the truth out there...that wouldn'y be politically correct, now would it?

Jewels   February 26th, 2010 11:41 am ET

To Terry from Texas: No the 30,000,000 does not include the illegel aliens, if you educate yourself that number would be 45,000,000.

Ted   February 26th, 2010 11:52 am ET

All european countries have general medical plans for their citizens with excellent service, some of them since over 100 years!!

Are the lives of americans so cheap that 45,000 a year can die just because they cannot efford medical insurance?
We have the money for wars, but not for the poeple.

Daren Virginia   February 26th, 2010 12:27 pm ET

Thanks to the Republicans for screwing the common people of this country. Common people like the middle class, like the poor, like the hard working people in this country that get by with what they can and try to still have a comfortable living. All the Republicans want to do is look out for their own pockets and special interests. They are fear mongers and spread lies to their constituents. Republicans do this so there constituents will vote their way no matter what. I loved it when N. Polosi set the Repubs straight on the issues of abortion and medicare for Seniors. They won't admit it in a second and will totally deny it but there is certainly an underlying racists attitude against people of color and people who are disadvantaged. Did you notice the one Republican (don't remember his name) when he was giving his 2cents and was interupted by the president, he couldn't even look Obama in the face when he addressed him? It was so obvious of his hate for the man. It's amazing how Republicans are the conservatives and preach to everyone else about God's will but won't raise a finger to help the fellow man, certainly if it means they might have to pay for it. They keep saying that the polls show that the majority of Americans want to start from scratch. That is only because the Republicans have been lying to the people and spreading propaganda about the health care reform and their followers follow without exception and can't think for themselves and will do whatever their leaders want. I knew this televised summit would really show what Republicans are all about and I think that was the true objective of Obama. He knew that there wasn't going to be anything achieved on HC reform but wanted to show America what the Repubs are all about. Bravo Obama; keep up the excellent work. I really hope the Republican constituents wake up but that will never happen because of the deep rooted racism and fear that has pervaded America for a long, long time.

My answer to Health Care: Everyone has the same policy and coverage that the politicians and federal employees have. Everyone pays the same price. Everyone gets the same health care. It would create one pool for everyone to contribute to and no one could be denied coverage for any reason. Screw the insurance companies and their huge profits. Of course with that said Republicans are going to scream Socialism. Isn't that just one more tool to just scare you with? "OMG! Government controlled socialist health care! God forbid!" Isn't the federal system kinda sorta like socialist anyway? Once again, they will use fear and titles to sway the public into how they want them to think. Why is that in other democratic countries they have universal health care and we can't? How is that going to deteriorate our so-called number one health system in the world?

Daren Virginia   February 26th, 2010 12:45 pm ET

Callie   February 26th, 2010 12:58 pm ET

@JEWELS, and anyone else who is ill, and tired of docs, surgery, and prescriptions that merely 'band-aid' your symptoms...pain in the body is a sign of a deeper issue. There is no such thing as a 'cure' for anything. Healing takes place from your own consciousness, from the inside out, as we are made entirely of Energy, plain and simple. What is needed is to become aware that we are personally responsible for our health and well-being; understanding WELLNESS CARE, and PREVENTATIVE CARE; getting to the root cause of the issue, before it becomes an illness, sickness, or disease, and not relying on "damage control' after the fact, which our current 'healthcare system' is set up to do. The BEST INVESTMENT that you will ever make in yourself or your health is found at the following website, cutting edge, and mind-boggling to say the least.... aimprogram.com...God Bless You!, trust your gut....it's all for Love!....L.O.V.E : )

Terry, TX   February 26th, 2010 4:40 pm ET

Scrap the 2,400 page bill .... that even Obama referred to it as a prop... a prop.... his bill.... with his name....a prop. Scrap it and let's start over.... what's the big deal.... we start paying taxes immediately and it doesn't kick in for 8 yrs..... WE GOT TIME....to do it right.

Also if hear Obama threaten Americans for not agreeing with him ... what is with him and who does he think he is?????

Jewels   February 26th, 2010 8:39 pm ET

Callie, I appreciate your love and concern, but need I remind you that no one gets out of this life alive. Part of the aging process if that our body deteriorates and no matter how much you hope and pray and exercise and eat well your body will still fail you. I have a mother in her nineties who body is betraying her and I'm not sure I would wish that on anyone. It is difficult to see a loved one that goes blind, incontient and senile and yet their and heart is strong. Your heart is in the right place, but some things we can not control, aging is one.

Gerald Jolly   February 26th, 2010 11:36 pm ET

If I ever hear another REPUGNANTCAN defend the positin the REPUGNANTCANS claim that they are acting in the interest of the American people,
"I THINK I WILL VOMIT"

The problems is when a REPUGNANTCAN is hatched out of a slimy cesspool, the first order of business for him/her is to say "SHOW ME THE MONEY" and "WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO GET IT"

The morons that vote for us are to stupid to know why and what we want to get elected for.

"SHOW ME THE MONEY" and then you can kiss my A-HOLE

A. Smith, Oregon   February 27th, 2010 4:40 am ET

The US Senate should craft a bill that would make it illegal to keep any Orcha Whale in captivity over 1/2 of its expected lifespan before releasing that Orcha Whale back into the Ocean.

I can think of no greater memorial to the brave and dedicated Sea World trainer Dawn Brancheau who tragically lost her life showing the world how beautiful and graceful these huge sentient creatures are.

Oregonians rescued Willie-Kiko a female Orcha Whale from a Mexican resort tank and after medical rehab successfully released Willie-Kiko back to the Ocean where she lived free for her last 10 years and died as a free Orcha Whale with her pod mates.

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   February 27th, 2010 5:50 am ET

I can't comment on the other topics but I would like to comment about the WHALES.

I would like to see them set free. As A. Smith, Oregon has pointed out in his comments above...........it can be done and in light of the tragedy that has happened.

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   February 27th, 2010 5:57 am ET

@ Ted February 26th, 2010 11:52 am ET

We have the money for wars, but not for the poeple.
_______________________________________________________

You said it Ted.

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   February 27th, 2010 6:05 am ET

Some nightmarish stories I have read here. What is going on.

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   February 27th, 2010 6:18 am ET

@ Sherry N. Calif. February 25th, 2010 10:30 pm ET

______________________________________________________

Wonder what the insurance companies do with all that money. That's a lot. Are they going to take it to their graves with them.

@ Sherry N. Calif. February 25th, 2010 10:30 pm ET

I wonder what those insurance companies do with all that money

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   February 27th, 2010 6:21 am ET

Sorry for the duplication above. Must be getting tired and not on to it.

Jerome the Freeze   February 27th, 2010 8:41 pm ET

First of all forgive me for errors or faults in my respons. I am from Holland, my name is translated in Englisch so that you can say the name. My name is Jeroen de Vries. Anyway.

For me personally I think it is so difficult to put up a decent response on the question: Do YOU think killer whales should be kept in captivity?

I think that there is only one right answer anyone can agree with. As long as the animal has the space the animal needs, as long as there is no abuse, as long as the animal is taken care of well... Why not?
Don't you agree? Then I will ask you; don't you have pets? Think about the farmers who will have far more pets who all have lived in the wild at the beginning, and most of them still do. Cows, Horses, Dogs, Cats, Rabbits, etcetera etcetera. Do you still not agree? Think about the pets we keep!
Many people these times have snakes, lizzards, frogs, birds.... What about that? What is justified to keep as a pet? Is there a law against keeping pets? I really don't know, you?

Callie   March 3rd, 2010 2:03 pm ET

@Jewels, thanks for the reminder, but I am well aware of the life/death process....in fact I spend every evening interceding in prayer for others, and praying over people in hospitals on the weekends, so I see plenty of people who should be dead, who are not....God always has the last word, not the doctors...they are only human, and cannot do what God can do. I believe that you completely missed the most important point in my note....go to aimprogram.com...( www) in fact, I believe that those over 90 can go on the program for FREE...there is also a family plan...your mom can benefit greatly, even in her 90's, no matter what her condition, cancer, glaucoma, diabetes, you name it......in fact, the aim program is designed to do just that....not only heal you at any age, but increase your life force, remove energetic imbalances, hereditarily, or acquired, whatever they may be, while reducing your biological age proportionately, strengthening your immune system; as a result, it allows you to live well and healthy and disease free at any age, thus quality of life, which I believe you are referencing for your mother is addressed. .....this is cutting egde technology, try to think out of the box...science/conventional medicine is only 300 years old, Healing is thousands of years old.....I tried my best Jewels, either you get it, or you don't...if you are open & receptive, you will see the opportunity and place your mom on the program.. ...Your mom has nothing to lose and her eye-sight to gain...It's all for Love...L.O.V.E

Barbara J. Conry   March 11th, 2010 2:08 am ET

Farrah Fawcett was an outstanding actress. The Academy should definitely apologize. A terrible intentional omission. Very arrogant and unprofessional not to acknowledge her.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter