CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

December 22, 2009

A 'frantic' attempt to save Brittany Murphy

Posted: 01:03 PM ET

via TMZ

Brittany Murphy's husband and mother made a frantic attempt to revive her before paramedics arrived ... this according to notes written by an investigator from the L.A. County Coroner's office. And, there were a shocking number of strong prescription meds on Brittany's nightstand.

TMZ has reviewed the documents, written by Investigator Blacklock. According to his notes, Brittany Murphy "had been complaining of shortness of breath and severe abdominal pain" for 7 to 10 days prior to her death. According to the notes, Murphy went into the bathroom at around 7:30 AM Sunday and shut the door.

A half hour later Brittany's mother, Sharon Murphy, went to check on her daughter, opened the bathroom door and "discovered the decedent lying on the floor unresponsive." According to the notes, Sharon yelled for help. Brittany's husband, Simon Monjack, who was in bed, heard the screams and ran to the bathroom.

According to the notes, Sharon called 911 and Simon "attempted to revive the decedent by placing her in the shower and running the water."

The notes continue - "The decedent remained unresponsive and purged her stomach contents prior to the arrival of the paramedics."

When the paramedics arrived, Brittany was "without signs of life."

Paramedics moved Brittany from the bathroom to the master bedroom, where they found a slew of prescription drugs - "A check of the nightstands revealed large amounts of prescription medication in the decedent's name. Also noted were numerous empty prescription medication bottles in the decedent's husband's name, the decedent's mother's name and unidentified third party names."

According to the notes, the medications included Topamax (anti-seizure meds also to prevent migraines), Methylprednisolone (anti-inflammatory), Fluoxetine (depression med), Klonopin (anxiety med), Carbamazepine (treats Diabetic symptoms and is also a bipolar med), Ativan (anxiety med), Vicoprofen (pain reliever), Propranolol (hypertension, used to prevent heart attacks), Biaxin (antibiotic), Hydrocodone (pain med) and miscellaneous vitamins.

(READ MORE)

Filed under: Celebrity News

Maureen   December 22nd, 2009 5:06 pm ET

My opinion on her husband not wanting his wife to be autopsied is , well, not putting himself in a good light sort of speak, It' so obvious that he had somerthing to do , or worse, making him look like he attributed to her death. . My heart goes out to her Mother.

A. Smith, Oregon   December 22nd, 2009 6:28 pm ET

It sounds like a desperate attempt to save this young actress's life, should have began many days prior to her eventual death.

Slugging down a handful of various anti-anxiety drugs, pain killers and other prescriptions sounds all to familiar to several celebrity deaths. All of which could have been prevented with the proper intervention taking place prior to the time when these very talented people pack handful's of 'legal' drugs down their throats.

Adorioss   December 24th, 2009 1:51 pm ET

It is so unfair.... So young and full of life.... RIP Brittany

JamesWeiss   December 25th, 2009 4:31 am ET

heres the story tell me what u think i was 23 when i was 18 years old or just turned 18 and me and my freind went to this party and meet these two girls the one i was with said she was 16 fixin to be 17 and the other girl said she was 17 fixin to be 18 well we left the party and went to my uncles house and had consentual sex well we dropped them off and the next day the police contacted me and told me they lied about there age and i needed to come down and give a statement so i broke down and freaked out but went down there and gave them a statement i never lied i told them we had consentual sex and she told me she was 16 i had know idea she wasnt and then and i was crying so hard well he said no matter what i broke the law her cause well i went home the next day they knocked on the door and arrested me for 1st degree rape of a child and idecent liberties with a minor well i went to jail for 75 days and the partents tryed to drop the charges but the state picked them up cuz her parents know she lied she admitted in her statement that she lied her mom said she never intnded on none of this happening well why i was in jail with a 40,000 dollar bond i went to court to get my bond lowered her mom showed up 2 help me get out of there the judge asked her and she said she didnt want me in there and he lowered my bond to 10,000 dollars well i got out that same night i was soo happy while i was in the the da offered me a plea to 13 years in prision menagated sentace and get out after that and do the rest of my life intense probation if i violated they would send me to prision for the rest of my life. i turned it down and went back to my bunk and cried all that night i was so scared well i got out of jail and while i was out on bond the girl i was charged with went to another party lied about her age again some guys gave her some methadose pills and now she is paralized on thw whole left side of her body well it was time to goto trial a little bit after that happen and before we went they offered me a plea to do 6 months intense probation with 30 month supervised and a suspended sentence of 15-18 months and all theses other crazy things well my lawyear told me i need to take the plea cuz she didnt know if we would win and if we didnt the least i would get is 274 months in prision so i took it they drooped the first degree rape of a child and i plead guilty to indesent libirties with a minor the only reason i took it is because i was scared to do my whole life in prison well i went and did the 18 months in prision cuz the probation was to hard and ever since my life has been a living hell i cant get a job or nothing i just had a daughter and thyey wont let me see
im a sex offender i cant do this no more i need my daughter i miss her so much its like my life is not worth living please help me please i cant do this no more im not a sex offender please help me i am begging you thank you james weiss

James   December 26th, 2009 10:37 pm ET

Dear Larry,
as a Nigerian, I want express my regret at what this young man did. Also, I want to let Americans know that the suspect is from the northern part of Nigeria – predominantly Muslim community. Majority of Nigerians in America are Southerners and Easters who are Christians and hardworking, trying to help their families back home. On behalf of well meaning Nigerians, we are grateful for the hospitality of American people and we will continue to pray that every attack against this great country be foiled, regardless of where it’s coming from

Tahir Ali   December 26th, 2009 11:42 pm ET

Larry, I will fly anytime, anyday. I've been following the breaking news of the recent terror plot thwarted on transatlantic flight 253 from Armsterdam to Detriot. The suspect this time is fellow Nigerian adventurer who happen to come from an elite family. From evidences available so far, based on the limited details of the explosives, uncorherent withness account who helped to subdue the suspect and the suspect father's earlier testimony to US authorities of his son being radicalized. Made me believe that the whole thing is mere hoax in order to instill fear into the minds of Air travellers around the world. This whole episode is not different from that of the ballon boy. Maybe another reality TV show.

Steve from Ohio   December 27th, 2009 1:23 am ET

Why doesn't anyone bring up the obvious fact:

Our entire system is only as strong as the weakest security point at any airport in the world? Once you pass through security say in Nigeria, you have access to all of the airports in the entire world. The only answer is to either beef up security at ALL the worlds airports OR make everyone traveling to the USA be re-screened before they board the USA flight.

Donald Allen   December 27th, 2009 10:07 am ET

Larry the thing I have to say is the thing is to be or to put it on maybe you need to take it off you see I not trying to be what I am not most people in corporation or and the one,s involved in it you or the only put on I no or you prod or what you or PS Larry not meeting about you but sum people out there sued just shut up if your a fox you or if you or not you just ant Donald L Allen how has lost it ho ho ho ho

Donald Allen   December 27th, 2009 1:28 pm ET

just cas you have money way do the thing that hurt other if you or rich dint you think it better if you keep it instead of giving it up to be a cheat if you or rich and you cheat you sued lose it just like you do if you or poor don't you think so Larry you let me no it wood be good pay four the crime you Kermit Donald L Allen just thought I wood drop you the line and about the thing I have put on the internet have already been patient see you Larry Donald

Donald Allen   December 27th, 2009 1:30 pm ET

Police or not expired on my Blog to be on your bad side just thout I wood let you no see you Larry Donald L Allen

Donald L Allen   December 27th, 2009 7:22 pm ET

Donald L Allen Larry King Live what this is about is the thing of the US thinking they can do what they please I believe there creating there own enemy I think there is no one that can do what they please and if that is the attitude there gonna have there not gonna make no friend and they well see a end to what info there allude to receive or see ether what I do here is no concern of the US since there just out to no what I,M doing it no scent of there hop you get it and the people of the US sued wake up hop you no what my french mean and I well see you lader on Larry see you

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter