CNN TV
SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

November 30, 2009

Tonight on Larry King Live!

Posted: 05:42 PM ET

What happened to Tiger Woods?  We’ll have the latest info on the golf superstar’s bizarre crash and its aftermath.  He’s dropped out of his own golf tournament.  And he’s now canceled three scheduled interviews with police.  But why?

ALSO…

Friends of the White House “Party Crashers” speak out!  Tareq and Michaele Salahi’s friends are here to tell us about that state dinner.  Were the Salahi’s invited?  What did they tell the Secret Service?  What is this couple really like?  We’ll find out tonight.

PLUS…

Jesse Ventura sounds off on President Obama, the war in Afghanistan, Tiger Woods, the White House “Party Crashers” and more!  No topic's off limits with Jesse Ventura!

We’ll also be joined by Ben Stein and Arianna Huffington to discuss all the latest news…

AND...

We want to hear from you...

DO YOU THINK THE WHITE HOUSE “PARTY CRASHERS” SHOULD FACE CHARGES?

Filed under: Larry King Live • Tiger Woods

A. Smith, Oregon   November 30th, 2009 5:55 pm ET

Yes, and if a security risk entry is on their national crime database entry, that will hamper them every time they travel or apply for basic governmental services.

A. Smith, Oregon   November 30th, 2009 5:57 pm ET

Greetings Larry,

Ask Jessie Ventura if he was aware that the CIA was involved with smuggling Opium out of Afghanistan?

MAGDALENA SALINAS   November 30th, 2009 6:25 pm ET

Hello Larry,
I'm in Lisbon, Portugal and although your programs are rather late over here, I always try and see them.

I think this couple in question should be asked why they did this and according to their answer, the officials should act accordingly.

Acording to Tiger Woods, seems everything very strange...

Good night!

MsNomer n AZ   November 30th, 2009 6:49 pm ET

Absolutely these people should get sent to rendition in Egypt.

Dodie   November 30th, 2009 7:03 pm ET

Good Evening Larry!

I would also recommend their listing be placed on the CMS/CWS program as this program will follow them from state to state.

@ A. Smith, Oregon

You are right on target! I completely agree. Well stated!

Alison O'Brien   November 30th, 2009 7:22 pm ET

These people are publicity addicts just like the balloon boy's parents. Shame on you for feeding them by giving them major prime time airtime. They should be punished in numerous ways, including withdrawing any opportunity to preen on television. And don't tell me they thought they were invited. PLEASE! There is one very easy way to figure it out: You have received an invitation in the mail. PERIOD.

soupmaiden1   November 30th, 2009 7:39 pm ET

I have heard all about the efforts being made for homeowners and mortgages, but what about those of us WHO RENT our "homes", who are constantly bombarded with threats of eviction? What provisions and efforts are being made to assist us? Home IS where the heart is, and I call "going home", to my apartment. Will you please address this to Mr. Ventura, since I now "live" in Minnesota. Saint Paul, just down the street from the 'ole Capitol? Bu, this is NO WAY TO LIVE. And how 'bout that... I am a veteran!

Gerald Jolly   November 30th, 2009 7:53 pm ET

These "IDIOTIC MORONS" deserve everything the law can throw at them.

If nothing is done to them, it's just another reason for making our country the laughing stock o0f the world "ONCE MORE"

A. Smith, Oregon   November 30th, 2009 8:26 pm ET

Thanks @Dodie,

A security risk entry on their criminal records NC/ICS (National Crime/International Crime database System) entry would nip them in the butt long after their laughter over pulling this off has subsided.

Every time they traveled by plane or train, every time they were stopped for a traffic offense and every time they applied for government services.

Many employers also routinely run extensive background checks on any potential employees which would reveal that entry.

In short, long after this story has subsided and people have forgotten this couple's escapades at the White House Dinner, the couple would repeatedly be asked about their utter lapse in judgment if a security risk entry was added to their NC/ICS data.

S.H.S.   November 30th, 2009 8:46 pm ET

Hello Larry,
I think that the party crashers should be charged. They should not be given the honor and respect of appearing with you. Please do not have them on your show.
S.H.S. in Oregon

michael armstrong sr. TX.   November 30th, 2009 10:05 pm ET

Those Cadilac SUV are nothing like a Timex they just cant take a licken and keep on ticken and neither can Tiger.

michael armstrong sr. TX.   November 30th, 2009 10:07 pm ET

Tigers wife was a scorned women you know she beat the hell out of him

Gretchen   November 30th, 2009 10:09 pm ET

Larry, screw the media. Tiger should not answer to the media,it's nobody's buisness. He did not need the media to make his money,the media did not teach him to play golf .Stop with the slander,because this is what this is until the truth is revealed,nothing but slander. Leave Tiger alone.If youy people don't know if there has been a crime,why do this to him,I am terribly dissapointed in this coverage,trying to taint his character on rumors,what an awful shame on you.

Antonio-elizabeth,NJ   November 30th, 2009 10:09 pm ET

Are we really gonna let these people destroy Tiger woods' image because of an accident that happened on a holiday night. Why isnt the Florida State police investigating the thousands of other accidents that took place that same night. My wife hit a cement pole the other day, shes not LKL.

Yvonne   November 30th, 2009 10:11 pm ET

Per Tiger " I'm human and I'm not perfect". What does this have to do with the accident? Sounds that Tiger is hiding something.

Additionally," I will certainly make sure this doesn't happen again."
You cannot make sure an auto accident will not happen again, however, you can make sure you do not do something you are not suppose to do again.

Dodie   November 30th, 2009 10:11 pm ET

Good evening michael armstrong sr. TX.

You are just too funny...keep those comments comming!

Dodie   November 30th, 2009 10:12 pm ET

@ michael armstrong sr. TX.

Darn it.. Michael... I am at work so I do not access to a TV... huummmm as I look around the office... We have a quiet night for once... so I can play a little!

Lynn   November 30th, 2009 10:14 pm ET

Larry,
Tiger owes you nothing. He owes me nothing as a reporter and he owes the public nothing. He has complied with the requirements of the law as it stands and whatever went on between he and his wife at 2 a.m. is their business.

I understand that we all want the "big" story but let's tell the truth, if he came onto your show or any other show for that matter, you would not let it end with a simple explanation such as "I was going out to get diapers for the baby". You would want to press him and press him and press him until he lost his temper and then you would sit back and say – now we have the story!

Besides, with all due respect Larry – how many times have you been married and known to have less than a stellar reputation? I have been married for 24 years, three children by the same man, live a simple life and would also not say more than I had to the authorities. And yes, I am no Tiger Woods, but I am a human being and want to say to all of the rst of the media – go get a life!

Ruby Nelson   November 30th, 2009 10:15 pm ET

I don't care of the couple is legally charged with anything or not. But PLEASE do not make celebrities ouf of them by invlting them onto talk shows.

mary ca   November 30th, 2009 10:15 pm ET

He hit a tree nothing else,,,, helllllllloooooooooo why medias are at their best to destroy the image of America best player,,,, because they like it

michael armstrong sr. TX.   November 30th, 2009 10:15 pm ET

Hi dodie what do you think about the party crashers they was searched for weapons but what if they was infected with a dangerous germ all they would have to do is fart and kill every one silent but deadly.

Brandon   November 30th, 2009 10:16 pm ET

If someone goes somewhere with the intent to do harm they don't need to bring a weapon...they could use objects that are at the table really...

michael armstrong sr. TX.   November 30th, 2009 10:17 pm ET

you nauty girl

LB   November 30th, 2009 10:17 pm ET

Could someone please tell me why the Tiger Woods story is taking precedence over the Seattle police shootings? Doesn't this stupid story belong on TMZ?

Who cares about Tiger Woods and his wife? She only married him for his money anyways.

Courtney C   November 30th, 2009 10:18 pm ET

I support Tiger...everyone needs to leave he and his family alone.

Yvonne   November 30th, 2009 10:18 pm ET

To Mary ca, Per Tiger " I'm human and I'm not perfect"

Dodie   November 30th, 2009 10:18 pm ET

@ michael armstrong sr. TX.

laughing hysterically... I answered that on the other LKL blog. Your comments are obscene but I just love them. Keep it up.

You have me laughing so hard, two of my co-workers came in to see what this was all about as they wanted to join in on the laughter. When I showed them what you wrote, they both started laughing....

You need to charge for being a commedian!

Vicki   November 30th, 2009 10:18 pm ET

I hold David Letterman accountable and do not watch his program. I hold Mr. Woods accountable and will not buy his golf line. I hold President Obama accountable and if he sends troop to Afghanistan, I will not vote for him. I believe in personal accountability.

Dwight   November 30th, 2009 10:19 pm ET

As a retired cop I'm wondering why no one is stating that this is a good lesson for all those that want to drink till they're drunk, then drive, and then crash and then simply walk home where you refuse to be interviewed by the police but have your wife provide your license, registration and proof of insurance. Not saying that Tiger falls into that senario but his actions are sure going to be a boon to drunk drivers in that state.

Sharon Murnane   November 30th, 2009 10:19 pm ET

I think this is a no brainer. The party crashers were obvious publicity seekers. However we should probably be grateful that they were the party crashers not some would be assasin the secret service failed so miserably to identity. Fire those responsible and fine the Saladies a big chunck of change to help cover costs of the investigation.
End of story except for getting the security people up to speed. They failed in a serious way to protect our president, vice-president and any other dignitaries so present.

armida spada-mcdougall   November 30th, 2009 10:19 pm ET

Why is this anyone's business? why does everything become a public spectacle in the USA?. Why dont we all leave Tiger Woods alone? If he wanted to talk about it wouldnt he have done so by now? good grief!! Leave them alone to sort things out. This should not be a public spectacle, a spectator sport. It involves no one but tiger Woods and his wife. Grow up, USA. Get your nose out of other people's business!!!

Skeptic   November 30th, 2009 10:19 pm ET

The Secret Service was woefully lax, but let's not lose sight of the main issue. These self-absorbed, atention-seeking party crashers had NO right to be at the party. They jeopardized national security and could have endangered the life of the President if they had something even more sinister in mind. Throw the book at them and charge them with a crime–please–and maybe then the media will stop giving them the attention they're seeking. Hopefully they will join the balloon hoaxers and fade into oblivion where they belong,

brad kerce   November 30th, 2009 10:20 pm ET

I do not in particular like Tiger, however how many times has a dad gotten up in the middle of the night to go to the local Walgreens to get something for a sick child, and ran over something in the drive way?????

Dodie   November 30th, 2009 10:21 pm ET

michael armstrong sr. TX. or anyone...

what the heck is a phshing filter. every time I come on to this blog, my computer lights up!!! I am sure I will hear about this from my boss tomorrow! They have more checks and balances on these stupid things. Good Grief. Can't anyone have a little bit of fun :-)

Gary   November 30th, 2009 10:21 pm ET

Yes, they should charged! They look like Ann Colter & Glen Beck. God help this country!

suzanne   November 30th, 2009 10:24 pm ET

YES! The party crashers should definitely be charged. If they were actually invited to the dinner, why would they leave before dinner was served?? They knew they weren't invited and took off before everyone else noticed they didn't have a seat!

michael armstrong sr. TX.   November 30th, 2009 10:24 pm ET

I live to please Dodie they want to know what should happen with the party crashers I think they should be given jobs at the white house as security guards because there evedently smarter then the secret service.

Skeptic   November 30th, 2009 10:24 pm ET

As for Tiger Woods, as usual he gets preferential and deferential treatment. I hope the media finally stops genuflecting to Woods and seeks out the truth about the "accident." I hope the media hounds him unmercifully until he comes clean with the FACTS.

chris   November 30th, 2009 10:24 pm ET

You are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with the three guests who are in place of the couple who crashed the WH state dinner....yuck.

Yvonne   November 30th, 2009 10:25 pm ET

I think the FBI should do a better job in protecting The President. I think they sould get to the bottom of this before someone other than two "social climbers" seeking publicity make there way and harm someone.

Charles Angel   November 30th, 2009 10:25 pm ET

Larry, from all of the details that are surfacing it's clear that these people are phonies and socialite wannabes. It's incomprehensible that they "thought" they were invited. They should face jail time and an example should be made of them as to discourage anyone else from attempting such a thing.

The Secret Service should also face severe disciplinary actions for this goof.

Rasheed N. (U. of Richmond, VA)   November 30th, 2009 10:25 pm ET

Yes, Larry.

They should face charges as the law permits–e.g. lying to a federal agent, if that is what they did to get in.

We cannot let this kind of behavior go unpunished. Regardless of assurances by the Secret Service, if they wanted to, they could have harmed the President, the Vice-President or one of the other guests.

James   November 30th, 2009 10:25 pm ET

Charges? The couple should be rewarded for exposing how easy it is to get into the White House.....then fire and/or prosecute those involved in not properly implementing secutiry procedures.

michael armstrong sr. TX.   November 30th, 2009 10:26 pm ET

Dodie just tell you boss that somebody was messing with your stuff when you went on break

Kathleen Sciacca   November 30th, 2009 10:27 pm ET

They mocked our president and our government.
They entered the Whitehouse and a diplomatic function
illegaly. The lawyers and publicists who are lying for them
should also be prosecuted.
This should never be permitted in our country and they
should be held strictly accountable'

J.T.   November 30th, 2009 10:27 pm ET

Absolutely. If they had nothing to hide, they would be speaking. This was a publicity stunt and should not be tolerated. I don't care how many fashion shows she hosted, or how she dresses. Big deal.

Rasheed N. (U. of Richmond, VA)   November 30th, 2009 10:27 pm ET

Absolutely.

And we must complete a full investigation and reprimand anyone and everyone who failed to keep them from attending this high-security event.

Elton   November 30th, 2009 10:27 pm ET

Of course, the Salahis should be arrested and charged with criminal trespass. They knew absolutely that they were not invited to the State Dinner and had no right to enter the White House. In my opinion, it's ridiculous to think that these two publicity-seeking lunatics should be permitted to end this "event" without a conviction.

Dodie   November 30th, 2009 10:27 pm ET

michael armstrong sr. TX.

Well, after they do their stretch in jail, then we can offer employment. Isn't that what they do with computer crashers??? If they are really good, they get a high paying job with the government????

I have always thought that Norton and other anti virus companies created viruses in order to keep their jobs. What do you think about that?

OK... I am going home and catch this show at 9pm pacific time!!!

Michael... you are a riot!

Dan Lindsey   November 30th, 2009 10:27 pm ET

How can anyone not know for sure if they are officially invited. A presendential invitiation is priceless ...so lets have them produce their invitation. I bet they can not.

My take....is charge them for everything that is humanly possible.
I suggest jail time and monetary penalties.

Trespassing, stalking, etc etc

cristina   November 30th, 2009 10:28 pm ET

Yes, they should. The president is not just a guy who's is throwing a party. He is the embodyment of our country.
The secret service should be audited as well. They should have the last word of who gets in and who must be out in an event like this.

James   November 30th, 2009 10:28 pm ET

Homeland Security will hold hearings, but terrorists are still infiltrating our country. I really believe Homeland Security's priorites are truly misdirected.

Betty   November 30th, 2009 10:28 pm ET

Larry...If the Salahis were "BLACK" they would already be in Jail.

dwayne   November 30th, 2009 10:28 pm ET

They should be held accountable. No if's, and's, or buts about it.

And how can these people on Larry's show be defending it and making up stuff like "she was invited because she said so," or this or that. And the guy who wrote is book and is pushing that is a babbling idiot.

I hope to God that Larry and CNN don't pay that couple money for their story.

vicky   November 30th, 2009 10:28 pm ET

If Tiger Woods break the law he has to man up but I don’t think he break the law So we don’t need explanation from Tiger Woods

Vicki   November 30th, 2009 10:29 pm ET

I have heard the State Dinner invitation referred to as tickets. Do they go to the highest donar?

michael armstrong sr. TX.   November 30th, 2009 10:29 pm ET

There exstreamly well known now Larry they should change there name to salamy because now there sandwich meat.

Jeanne Gue   November 30th, 2009 10:29 pm ET

Yes, they should be charged. If not, it will just give other nuts the idea to try something similar. They have totally distracted the media and nation from the reason for the state dinner and ruined any positive effects it may have had!!!

Larry Carson   November 30th, 2009 10:30 pm ET

Larry,

Why such a big thing out of a nothing, the more this gets pedaled the more famous you make the Salahi's. Gosh, nobodys Chicken Soup and Matza Ball got poisened, Tired of this, lets get on with life and better things

Racefan F1   November 30th, 2009 10:30 pm ET

I think they should have non-criminal charges against them dismissed for a $9.99 fine. And the Secret Service should thank them for sharpening their security. Perhaps reward them for showing the short comings.

Jude   November 30th, 2009 10:30 pm ET

These publicity-seeking idiots absolutely SHOULD be charged if it is proved that they lied to get into the White House affair. If the Salahis cannot show that they were invited (by providing proof of invitation), it would then be clear that they lied to federal agents in order to enter the state dinner. It is my understanding that that would constitute a chargeable offense. Should these people be allowed to walk away with no penalty, many others will try the same game in the future and the presidential family could be in extreme danger!

Skeptic   November 30th, 2009 10:30 pm ET

Enough about the White House party crashers and Tiger Woods! Bring on Jesse Ventura!

Susan   November 30th, 2009 10:30 pm ET

I think the party crashers must face some consequences as we are talking about not just any ordinary party but a state dinner with the President of the United states and the Prime Minister of India. They got a lot of national publicity...no one on the west coast had heard about them until now. Additionally, these friends of theirs on your show are themselves trying to get a few moments of publicity themselves.

Will   November 30th, 2009 10:31 pm ET

This is and should be a no-brainer by far. Of course they need to face charges; and to whomever let them in that far, upclose and personal to the President needs to lose their job. Were they blinded by this woman's so called glamorous looks; the blond hair, blue eyes, the extravagant dress and the well-dressed husband on her arms? The couple needs to be used as an example to let them know that they're not invinsible of the law and that anyone can not try and pull this type of ridiculous stunt in the future. They need to be prosecuted to the fullest exent of the law. THIS WAS THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!!

Brenda   November 30th, 2009 10:31 pm ET

Where is the invitation??? "As far as I know they had one" does not get it...This is their fault...Their INTENT was to breach security. This is a criminal act....Being well known does not give you entrance into the White House. Being photographed in the WH proves you breached security...You're guilty.
LARRY, for you to say, "guilty of what" is beyond silly....This is a Very Serious matter.

ruby   November 30th, 2009 10:31 pm ET

WHAT MADE THESE PEOPLE EVEN THINK THAT THEY OF THEIR CALIBER WOULD BE INVITED T THE WHITE HOUSE FOR ANYTHING. LARRY YOU WOULD BE MORE LIKELY TO GET AN INVITATION BEFORE THESE "REGULAR" PEOPLE WOULD HAVE. YES, MOST DEFINITELY "PROSECUTE THEM". THIS IS JUST ANOTHER WAY OF TRYING TO MAKE JOKE OF PRESIDENT OBAMA, AND IF ALL OF THE SECURITY FAIL, THERE NEEDS TO BE AN INVESTIGATION OF THE PEOPLE THAT ARE/WERE ON DUTY THAT NIGHT. HATE IS ON THE INSIDE AND NEVER SHOWS UP UNTIL IT IS TOO LTE. THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS ENTIRE PICTURE

Nicole Robinson   November 30th, 2009 10:32 pm ET

They should face something beside the publicity they are given. That is just want they want and thanks to all of you (media) they are getting a lot of free publicity. What if the crashers were African Americans or is security so laxed becaue the president is African American?

brendasue ronk   November 30th, 2009 10:32 pm ET

Yes i think the party crashers should be charged and the Bravo TV crew should share a cell with them. Maybe that would wipe their silly smiles off their faces while posing for their mug shots. They have made the secret service a mockery. Made AMERICA a laughing stock world wide. If they can get into the White House to attend a state dinner undetected for reality TV show, then we are in a world of hurt! Who was minding the store? Who looked the other way? and Who got paid off to allow this to happen? come on..do we need another 9-11 to wake up the powers that be so that our President is protected? As for them getting paid to sell their story, as far as i am concerned no decent broadcast company should touch them..we don't want to hear anything they have to say. haven't they embarrassed us enough?

Robert G. Cooper   November 30th, 2009 10:32 pm ET

Good evening Mr. King these Party Crashers should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law......if John q public did this thyey would be in jail as we speak......this was a breach of security in it's worst form......these individuals must be made an example....no question.....the secret service who let this couple in should be fired immediately.....lets stop the sugar coating and get real.....why aren't they jail for lying to gain entry into the White House Party....thank you

douglas   November 30th, 2009 10:33 pm ET

yes because they were not invited, if they were there would of been a seat for them and they wouldn't have to sneak out.

Andrew   November 30th, 2009 10:33 pm ET

The Salahis should be prosecuted fully, if further factual investigation supports such prosecution. A failure to prosecute would send a message to every other idiot out there that attempts to circumvent the security surrounding the First Family will not be punished.

Although the Salahis contend they were "invited," early reports indicated that the Salahis were never SEATED at the State Dinner. If the Salahis reasonably believed they were invited, why would they leave before dining? The clear implication is that they had no seats at the dinner because they were not on the list, because they were not invited.

Theresa   November 30th, 2009 10:34 pm ET

Their friends are only sticking up for them and lying. I don't believe for 1 minute these pary crashing thrill seekers were invited. As Larry said beautiful invitations are sent out, where is there's. They should definitely be punished for what they did. They should be held accountable and NO ONE should pay them for their story. If they do it;'s condoning what they did.

Johnnie Maye Crawfaord   November 30th, 2009 10:34 pm ET

I think the party crashers should be prosecuted for false pretense of
an invitation. On what grounds were they invited? They planned and intended to do wrong. Why could she not come up with an invitation to show her beauty shop friends – surely she would like for them to see it for real. She lied and should be punished; so should he, he is just as guilty of trespassing also. I understand they did not get to have dinner (she knew there was no placecard for them anyway).

November 30, 2009

Sheila   November 30th, 2009 10:34 pm ET

I think that whomever let Tareq and Michaele Salahi into the dinner is at fault and that the couple should not be charged with any infraction.

brenda   November 30th, 2009 10:34 pm ET

liar liar pants on fire Mr. Casey...These are liars...This is serious..no joke...It's embarrassing that these people are given this air time. They had no invitation

Skeptic   November 30th, 2009 10:35 pm ET

The party crashers have ambitions to be reality show stars. I'd like to see them on MSNBC's Lockdown, and get a reality view of their PRISON LIFE!

Yvonne   November 30th, 2009 10:35 pm ET

Larry. Will CNN and your show be paying the party crashers to appear on your program?

Kelly   November 30th, 2009 10:36 pm ET

Larry,
If the white house does not prosecute these two misfits, what type of message is the USA relaying to the rest of the world. The people that wish to do harm to western democrasies will be watching this very closely and next time the person(s) get through, they could be carrying anthrax or some other form of deadly chemical that is not detectable.

Christopher Smith Birmingham AL   November 30th, 2009 10:37 pm ET

You are absolutely insane if you just let these people get by with false intrusion into the whitehouse. Had barack obama had been a white man these peopple would not have even thought of pulling a publicity stunt such as this. They should be charged for lying to federal oficials. She was stupid for posting the pictures on facebook. If they posed a threat to Obama, something detremental could have happened to the most threatened president in American history!!!!

Skeptic   November 30th, 2009 10:37 pm ET

The Salahis had no invitation to the reception or any part of the state dinner IMO. They bragged and boasted on their web page about how they were able to get past security to crash the party. Throw the book at them and then let them fade into obscurity.

michael armstrong sr. TX.   November 30th, 2009 10:37 pm ET

The secret service needs more butt sniffen dogs to pick out the A holes that carry stuff that cant be seen.

Dan Bolger   November 30th, 2009 10:38 pm ET

In retrospect, provided they speak the whole truth they have done a great favor. Amateurs showed the whole world that the President's security was flawed. I trust the Secret Service will take appropriate action to update the security around the President and our other key personnel.

Theresa   November 30th, 2009 10:39 pm ET

How could these nobody's think they would be invited to such a dinner. They are party crashers period. They should be punished and stop giving them all this publicity. They are thriving on it and loving it. Other countries are looking at this and we should show them this is not acceptable. Some of the above people are right if it was a black person they would be arrested already and I'm not black. How do these people think they can get away with it.

Brandon   November 30th, 2009 10:41 pm ET

This guy is a joke....Has he served?

michael armstrong sr. TX.   November 30th, 2009 10:41 pm ET

Bring back the draft in there country not ours its there buts in trouble not ours

Skeptic   November 30th, 2009 10:42 pm ET

Jesse Ventura is a former Navy SEAL.

brenda   November 30th, 2009 10:42 pm ET

I never would have thought I'd say "Way to go Jesse"
Tiger should continue to be quiet..the crashers should go to jail and the secret service should see heads rolling...we need a War Tax and we definitely need the draft....I'm all for it!!!

Akay   November 30th, 2009 10:43 pm ET

What a shame...FBI should be taken to task and the couple if they gate crashed they should pay the price. So nobody tries it again.
Can u imagine if the situation was reversed...Pres Obama in India?

Well the couple is seen on cnn every hour ...isn't that they wanted.

michael armstrong sr. TX.   November 30th, 2009 10:44 pm ET

Theres creachers from planet ex in that room Jessie making Obama clones.

carol kesling   November 30th, 2009 10:44 pm ET

i think the secret service SHOULD BE PROSECUTED !!!! what a bunch of morons.... so much for keeping our president safe !!!!! enough said !!!!!

Brandon   November 30th, 2009 10:45 pm ET

Thanks skeptic I missed that part....

brenda   November 30th, 2009 10:47 pm ET

oh well...spoke 2 soon....ventura you need to know when 2 close the mouth.

anya   November 30th, 2009 10:49 pm ET

I have a new Hero!!!!! Thank you Jessie Ventural for speaking your mind, I have never followed you before but I promise to from now on!!!!

Jeanne from va.   November 30th, 2009 10:49 pm ET

The salahi s should be charged with crashing the White House. The secret service in charge, should be fired.

Vicki   November 30th, 2009 10:50 pm ET

I am weary of our Nation letting things "blow over". From troops being sent to Afghanistan all the way down to the Whitehouse crashers.

michael armstrong sr. TX.   November 30th, 2009 10:51 pm ET

Ben Stein looks like a guy who knows his pop corn

Brandon   November 30th, 2009 10:52 pm ET

She was on an auto-tune the news episode...

michael armstrong sr. TX.   November 30th, 2009 10:53 pm ET

O hell were going into Afganistan half loaded lets go in with a full clip and lock in load or get out.

brenda   November 30th, 2009 10:53 pm ET

You're right Ben and Arianna...you don't know what to do...because you have no information...Who's briefing the three of you...
I hate all of this speculating from the media pundits and the so-called subject matter experts.....Calm down ventura

Brandon   November 30th, 2009 10:57 pm ET

I'm sorry but that new show that he is having proves the man is a joke....

michael armstrong sr. TX.   November 30th, 2009 10:57 pm ET

Lets elect Jessie to make the war decision at least he's been there and done that.

Ray   November 30th, 2009 10:58 pm ET

what is wrong with Jessie . why would he want to tax a population of ppl that already is i a MAJOR recession?? Goes to show even a monkey can be a Governor....

MARY T   November 30th, 2009 10:59 pm ET

JESSE VENTURA IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT, IF WE ARE TO SEND MORE TROOPS TO TO WAR, WE SHOUND BRING BACK THE DRAFT. MY ONLY CHILD, A SON, IS THINKING ABOUT JOINING THE MILITARY BECAUSE THERE ARE NO JOBS IN THE U.S. WITH A KID OF 30 COLLEGE CREDITS. I AM ADVISING HIM TO TO BACK TO SCHOOL. WE ARE ALREADY $30,000 IN TUITION DEBT. BRING BACK THE DEBT AND WILL END THIS WAR THAT WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT WE ARE FIGHTING FOR. I HAVE TWO BROTHERS WHO FOUGHT IN BUSH'S FIRST WAR, ONE MADE IT OUT WITH HIS PHYSICAL AND MENTAL ABILITIES IN TACK; THE OTHER ONE WITH SEVERE PHYSICAL MENTAL DISABILITIES, HE TAKES 7-10 PILLS JUST TO SLEEP, IF OUR POLITICIANS REALLY TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE ARE FIGHTING FOR , THIS NONSENSE WOULD STOP.
S

michael armstrong sr. TX.   November 30th, 2009 11:00 pm ET

Draft the Afgans and let them serve themselves its there butts on the line not ours

Dodie   November 30th, 2009 11:01 pm ET

Pepto Bismol??? Oh larry... well.. your shirt is certainly that color

ckelly   November 30th, 2009 11:01 pm ET

Larry I was thinking earlier-that I liked your shirt!!!:)

Vicki   November 30th, 2009 11:02 pm ET

I think that having involvment in Iraq and Afghanistan has more to do with ENERY PRICES than anything else.

Dodie   November 30th, 2009 11:02 pm ET

@ michael armstrong sr. TX

Yep... well India wants us in Afghanistan... Maybe we should solicit them for their military!

christina   November 30th, 2009 11:04 pm ET

Just my 2 cents but I think the contrast f Jesse Ventura and Ben would be an Ideal opinion talk show. The tw of tem would bring alot to the audience a joc and a studious/nerd(Ben isnot a nerd, I like him too).Thank you.

Dodie   November 30th, 2009 11:05 pm ET

That is the problem with the a certain administration cut mental health to the bone!!!

Bugaboo   November 30th, 2009 11:07 pm ET

Party Crashers, don't charge, just let the american media loose on them,their lives will be disected,chewed up and spat out,their whole life will be served to us on a platter I take a pass thanks

Greg   November 30th, 2009 11:08 pm ET

Hi Larry!

Please tell Jesse that the time for an object to fall 1,700 feet (height of the Twin Towers) is 9.8 seconds. I was there. The towers took a little longer to fall as each floor plate "pancaked" onto the floor below.

Joe   November 30th, 2009 11:08 pm ET

Haha you got to love LKL! interesting show tonight Larry but I do agree somewhat with Jesse the government is very shady. I myself have a few conspiracy I am suspicious of and would just love to know the truth. Hey is there any way Ventura can run for governor in New Jersey we need you over here I am not sure if I trust this guy Cristie. As for the draft yes I do agree in the sense I think every male should at least serve one year over seas just to have a feel of what is happening. This can help change some decisions our country makes involving war if every family is directly effected by the dangers. I am currently in school but do intend to join a military force most likely the Army because it is the shortest term 2 years I believe.

William   November 30th, 2009 11:11 pm ET

When Will CNN and the other News Media networks get back to just reporting the new rather than trying to invent it? News Media need to stop the what if's, the should's, the maybe's....and just report What is. Huh!

Valley Streamer   November 30th, 2009 11:12 pm ET

I think Jesse Ventura is a self-promoting meathead who has taken too many shots to the head.

On the party crashers, a quick public execution would be a deterrent to others and my day wouldn't skip a beat.

anya   November 30th, 2009 11:12 pm ET

Mary T
Thank you for sharing, I am very sorry about your brothers difficulties.

Ray you really need to read Marys post to understand! Jessie wants to tax it because he DOES'NT want to go to Afghanistan!

Jessie is absolutely right about Iran...we are setting up! Ugh, freakin' war mongering, corrupt, fat business suits and generals!!!!!!!!!

Sara Harbour   November 30th, 2009 11:17 pm ET

I'm sick of people who do the wrong thing (like the party crashers) making money off of wrong doing. Why doesn't everyone just ignore them not put them on TV, which is what they wanted in the first place.

Andrew   November 30th, 2009 11:17 pm ET

Back to the Salahis, the Salahis' friends contend that the Salahis did nothing wrong because they "believed" they were invited, presumably based on the exchange of e-mail with Pentagon official, Michelle S. Jones.

However, the question here is whether a reasonable person receiving the same e-mails, and any other information communicated, from Ms. Jones would REASONABLY BELIEVE that they were invited to President Obama's first State Dinner, a function for which formal invitations are sent to attendees from the White House.

Along these lines, the Salahis' failure to remain at the State Dinner for the dinner itself speaks volumes. The Salahis obviously knew they had not been invited to the dinner, and could not be seated because there were no seats for them at the dinner. Any couple who reasonably believed they had been invited to a formal dinner would, at a minimum, request or inquire about the seating arrangements if they could not find their seats. Instead, it appears that the Salahis simply crashed the party, took the now-famous pictures and raced home to post them on Facebook.

Nothing about the Salahis' purported belief appears reasonable.

Hermenna Jarrett   November 30th, 2009 11:21 pm ET

I feel that the party crashers should be charged with lying to public officials and with some sort of security violation. They should be made an example of so as to discourage anyone else from pulling such a stunt. If they get away with this, what is to stop someone else from trying it?

William   November 30th, 2009 11:26 pm ET

What does "Your comment is awaiting moderation" mean?.

Judith   November 30th, 2009 11:28 pm ET

Party crashes should have been thrown in jail not be able to return home until they posted bond like anyone else.

This Party wasn't some neighbor down the street but the President of the USA.They were not invited.

One reporter did say he saw that a car was turn away then saw them get out of the car walking to where ones walk in at a certain entrance.
Apparently they knew what to do and it sounds fishy.They knew ones
in the Washington circle.Who?How many would know where to go to crash the WH?
They were in the mist of losing their home and vineyard.They could have received $$ from someone or someones until their reality show would have gotten off the ground.

Bottom line yes they should be treated like anyone else with no special treatment.

Mike Domino   November 30th, 2009 11:30 pm ET

Jessie Ventura should be given air time to speak after the President tomorrow about Afghanistan.

Jessie makes much more sense – I wish he were the president –

Jessie says the war have no direct benifits for average Americans – it is just like Vietnam where we are supporting a corrupt government –
it is a quagmire – unwinable and will go on and on .

Thank you Jessie for your passionate and plain talking truth – it's about time we heard it straight with no spin !!!!!!

Judith   November 30th, 2009 11:38 pm ET

Jesse Ventura is right we need to get out of these two Wars that is costing American's lives and monies.This will be like Nam then we'll have to help rebuild.

The GOPs go around with town meetings slamming the Health Care while throwing lies around but yet support these two Wars which the cost will be higher then the health care.

We have borrowed money from China and other Countries and have not started to repay the debt while the tab gets bigger.
We do need a War Tax.They had it with other Wars in the past.Of
course when this happens the GOPs will blame the President saying
a Demo always wants to tax but the real problem is we either pay now or pay later.

Bush/Cheney stated these two Wars and should have had a draft in place before they left office instead of having ones doing 3-5 tour duties getting these soldiers tired.
Guess Bush/Cheney were too involve making the dollars off of Halliburton and thought let the next President who ever that will be deal with it.

I would say to our President we Need to get out.To Win is to leave.
Let the GOPs whine.We can't afford it.
It is possible that if he gives a dead line leaving the enemy might wait till the deadline then all heck will break out.

Ron J   November 30th, 2009 11:39 pm ET

good show larry–

Applause for Jesse V and Arianna H for opposing the U.S. occupation
and hostilities in Afghanistan. These excesses are leading us down the path of of the Roman Empire. And the warmongers are the traitors who have abused the governments powers with endless immoral war profiteering and are trying to turn Afghanistan into a militarized police state. But I don’t support any further taxing for this escalation as it is in direct defiance of the American people’s demands that our troops come home .

bring 'em back alive !

carol kesling   December 1st, 2009 12:31 am ET

i'm sick of all these wars... let the charity start at home, with US!!!!!!! lets mind our own business and quit telling other countries how to run their business !!!! for being the richest country, WHY ARE WE SO DAMN BROKE ????!!!! bring our troops home now !!!!!!

John H.   December 1st, 2009 12:44 am ET

Not interested in the party crashers. I'm confident that President Obama has his folks on the problem and will tighten things up and eliminate future episodes. As for "where is Tiger Woods"; none of my business and none of yours. Let the man and his wife sort out whatever needs sorting out if anything and leave them alone. He had an accident! How may accidents occur every day and the whole world does not go off the deep end.

david houle   December 1st, 2009 1:11 am ET

hi larry,
gated community no crime unless tre owner presses charges!
tabloids blowing it way out of water making mountain out of mole hill

Rohit   December 1st, 2009 1:13 am ET

Larry
There is a saying, Let the dog bark, it does not bother the elephant..

It will be better for you and media to leave Tiger woods alone on a private matter. There are many more pressing issue in this world.. The media standard of cnn and Larry king show is very depressing now a days.. stop barking unnecessarily

BIg Mitch   December 1st, 2009 1:20 am ET

Tiger just went out on a 2 am milk run, swerved to miss a gator, and hit a tree. all there is to it.

Gale   December 1st, 2009 1:22 am ET

Larry, I heard Jesse Ventura speak earlier tonight. He is quite a character, and I like him! Even for me being a mom of a son, just coming back from Afghanistan any day now! I swear to God, I will not let him risk another hair on his head for these politicians one more day! He has a wife and daughter, just like the rest of these great soldiers do! You are right, tax them, let the politicians send their own kids out there and start the draft. I betcha they would find a way out fast, fast, fast! It is all about oil, oil, oil and money, money, money, from DAY ONE!! Always has been! And of course, my son is a great soldier, would be mad about this comment if he saw it. I will have to see the look on his weary, bone tired face when he gets in off the plane to see how he really feels about it. He won't have to say a word. I will know it.

j. trice   December 1st, 2009 1:25 am ET

If they are found guilty, do these two realize that in addition to committing a felony that they look like the "fools on the hill" for their woeful ignorance? The fact that they still retain smiles on their faces is sickening. I am ashamed and humiliated as an American and I want the world to know that I, as numerous others, feel the same. This is an opportunity for all television organizations to not reward what could be the breaching of all of our safety and security. These two, of course once given a fair trial, should be set as an example. A $500,000 fine is a slap on the wrist. A two year prison sentence combined with a fine that will compromise their so called social standing will be most effective in deterring any future overwhelming foolery. The White House is not a Georgetown cocktail party nor a place of mockery. In addition , hear ye, hear ye on Mr. Rollin's opinion regarding the fate of these two. It is dead on. I hope the severe sentence these two will receive will remind them and us of the dignity of the office and the White House that should be retained for many reasons, not the least of which is that many have died protecting it (Flight 93?). In addition, I hope the raising of consciousness, ultimate sentence and severe fine permanently removes the highly offensive smiles from these "jesters" faces for a very, very long time. These two should be socially and publically banned for life as far as I am concerned. Reality shows be damned – I am removing the very few I have from my "wish list". The ones that I have seen are about how unbelievably abusive people can be towards one another, are "fixed" on some level, and appeal to the lowest common denominator in our society. Frankly, they are ultimately boring shows about boring people. The only ones who are truly entertained are the ones appearing on them. "Jeopardy" anyone?

Holly Hartman   December 1st, 2009 1:31 am ET

If the couple was invited, or NOT – wouldn't shouldn't White House security have a list of [no fly] attendants? Seems odd to me. Even if the guest list was skewed somehow ~ geez !!!

Are we in trouble as a nation with our security? duh.

Mary Kelly   December 1st, 2009 1:34 am ET

They have had their 15 minutes of fame. Would the media please quit giving the party crashers exactly what they want: Publicity?

Rodney Syler   December 1st, 2009 1:36 am ET

Do the Salahi's look good in orange jumpsuits?

Ed   December 1st, 2009 1:37 am ET

At first I thought yes, but the more I thought about it I have to say no. They only did as much as they were allowed to do because of people incapable of protecting the leader of the free world. They went thru the process like everyone else – they didn't sneak in thru some back entry or anything.

e ross   December 1st, 2009 1:38 am ET

Yes-party crashers to the white house should face criminal charges. Those 2 on LK how can they go on TV and lie to defend their friend.-these are federal charges. Only difference of one going over the fence is they did it in plain sight. There was no table set for them. This is not reality TV and should not be treated so lightly. Some coverage treating like a joke. There should be no hesitation of arresting them and quit putting the blame on the secret service..

Gerald W. West WWII & Korea Vet   December 1st, 2009 1:39 am ET

From my point of view the Salahis should be scolded down to their socks. And then review the security process.

justine   December 1st, 2009 1:43 am ET

Why is there coverage on the MURDERS of 4 police officers in Washington State on LKL.

What a true waste of air waves.

Why would LKL not spend the time to profile the officers and their family's...oh i forgot

No celeb factor,,, no way to praise the left and tell American's what a bang up job the prez is doing

justine   December 1st, 2009 1:45 am ET

I forgot who cares about TWoods or the WH Party

justine   December 1st, 2009 1:47 am ET

Why is there no coverage on the MURDERS of 4 police officers in Washington State on LKL.

What a true waste of air waves.

Thomas W   December 1st, 2009 1:48 am ET

The crashers are nothing more than pirates, and, being pirates, they should be treated as pirates! If they are not penalized to the very fullest they not only make piracy acceptable but also make a mockery of top security, not to mention a mockery of this post 9-11 lockdown we all must live by. If the government goes soft on them it just sends a message it is does not take major threats seriously, it deals with major threats capriciously, and it is simply a major farce! If the government goes soft, we should all be outraged!!

Bill D   December 1st, 2009 1:54 am ET

Wow Jesse Ventura really fell far ... 9-11 a conspiracy?? Great another nut job! Let's stop giving this guy 15 minutes of fame.

robin   December 1st, 2009 2:33 am ET

I have more confidence in ben stein's comments than gov ventura's.

Tim Smith   December 1st, 2009 2:40 am ET

Jesse Ventura should learn some basic physics before he makes any further comments about the World Trade Centers. This has been thoroughly investigated by the most competent professionals. I think they are right and he is wrong.

Airplanes fly, and we went to the moon, but Jesse thinks science is wrong. This proves that being a Navy Seal does not require very much intelligence.

Jean2   December 1st, 2009 3:29 am ET

AND THE TODAY SHOW WILL GIVE THEM A STAGE-

I think thes people should be arrested and any one from the petagon, the social secretary office, or staff that even led them to think they had an invitation should be FIRED.

This is not a joke security is deadly serious! These kinds of actions are dangerous. We Americans appear very stupid when we encourage these jerks.

peter from Jamaica   December 1st, 2009 5:26 am ET

hey Larry I've always wanted to be on your show and now am on, should I be charge for being here,hell no!!!. the president is the most famous man rite now black or white and any one would want to be a part of any famous event invitation or not.... have they don any thing wrong so for, no. should they be charged, what for, hell no!!!!

look at it closely the only problem here is a security breach and a nightmare and an embarrassment to the president so called security jokes,who are looking far a scape goat for failing to do and carry out their job professionally , doing what they ware supposed to do in the first place, securing the president's ass.

hey the Salahis are genuine Americans wanting to meet and greet their president up close and personally and saw a crack in the system and just exploited it . hey I would too and the whole world would including the terrist as well. but then that's some thing else.

hey i think any charges here , should be the secret service team for failing to carry out their job. In fact the Salahis should be hail as a National Hero for showing up the lapse in the president security system,

hey it needed some tweaking any way.

Salahis U are a HERO in deeeeed.

Janice Tetherow   December 1st, 2009 5:55 am ET

As the old saying goes "actions speak louder than words". Tiger Woods is acting like a guilty man who has something to hide and as far as that goes....so is his wife. Why haven't we heard from his wife? If it were all innocence, a simple statement from her could put an end to all of the gossip, rumors and speculation....and put a stop to the whole thing. She could make it all go away tomorrow. In my opinion, her silence 'speaks' volumes and the longer this goes....is just as damning.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter