CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

November 23, 2009

TONIGHT ON LARRY KING LIVE!

Posted: 05:38 PM ET

Ann vs. Al

It's a showdown between conservative commentator Ann Coulter and the Rev. Al Sharpton! They'll debate health care reform, the war in Afghanistan, Sarah Palin's viability as a 2012 presidential candidate and much more! Plus, why is Rep. Patrick Kennedy, a lifelong Catholic, barred from taking communion? Ann and Al never hold back - and tonight's no exception!

Murder for Hire Plot?

Michael Dippolito tells Larry how he became the alleged target of a murder for hire plot - devised by his own wife! Dippolito's wife, Dalia, allegedly hired a hit man to kill her husband. Only catch -  the hitman turned out to be an undercover cop. Hear the just-released tapes between Dalia and the police officer - tonight ONLY on Larry King Live!

Oprah's Friends Speak Out

Oprah Winfrey tearfully told her audience that her show will come to an end in 2011 after 25 years of being on the air. Tonight, hear from her best friend Gayle King and Suze Orman, who regularly contributes to The Oprah Winfrey Show. Why did Oprah make the surprise announcement? What's next for the Queen of Talk? And don't miss a very special guest - Oprah's fourth grade teacher, Mary Alice Duncan. Oprah said the years she spent as a student in Mrs. Duncan's class were "defining moments" for her!

That's all tonight on Larry King Live at 9ET/6PT!

And we want to hear from you:

Who do you tend to agree with on political issues - Ann Coulter or Al Sharpton?

Filed under: Ann Coulter • Crime • Oprah Winfrey • Politics is King

Cheryl   November 23rd, 2009 6:19 pm ET

Larry, I want to know why Al Sharpton didn't show his face near as much with the killing at Fenger High School in Chicago as he did with the Don Imus thing. ???

Fred   November 23rd, 2009 6:27 pm ET

Ann Coulter is a ridicules joke I will NOT be watching tonight

frances   November 23rd, 2009 6:31 pm ET

Miss Duncan, Oprah's favorite teacher knew she was destined for greater things !

Fred   November 23rd, 2009 6:38 pm ET

Oprah's right to get out while on top don't make yourself look desperate, look at Bret Farve in football he made himself look like a fool

JBM   November 23rd, 2009 6:40 pm ET

@Fred, Bret had trouble making up his mind. However, he may get the last laugh; the season is not over yet.

A. Smith, Oregon   November 23rd, 2009 6:40 pm ET

Greetings Larry, I love your show and your professionalism.

Larry, Rev. Al Sharpton and several other leaders in Chicago are using the deteriorating situation in America's inner citys to once again restrict the rights of law abiding owners of side-arms.

Gang members and muggers in NYC, Chicago routinely obtain firearms without any problems on many inner city street corner vendors. While residents in those citys plagued by drugs and violence are routinely prevented from doing the same.

Residents prevented from owning Pepper Spray
Residents prevented from even owning Stun Guns

Obviously, such anti-gun laws enable violent drug laden individuals to conduct themselves as they wish in a unobstructed manner.

New York Mayor, and District Attorney's threatened to sue Florida if it passed it's sweeping concealed weapons law. It passed, and violence went down, not up and none of the wild west shoot outs on Florida's streets occurred.

Dear Al Sharpton, if you want the violence to wane in Chicago's inner streets, demand that the CIA stop its part in flooding the world with cheap Heroin from Afghanistan's poppy fields.

Joe G. (Illinois)   November 23rd, 2009 7:50 pm ET

If the “Reverend” Al Sharpton is a Liberal Progressive who champions “Abortion” I rest my case and Ann Coulter might as well take a break or got do something more amusing. Hear that "Reverend?!!!"

JAMES M. Carroll   November 23rd, 2009 8:07 pm ET

We need to pass a health-care bill that pleases ever one as a starter.
It can be improved in the future. Compromise! compromise! Compromise

Vaughn Letenyei   November 23rd, 2009 8:08 pm ET

I would like you to ask Ann Coulter if she is aware of the fact that Signa, which is the insurance company that the RNC has their insurance throug, has coverage for elective abortions, and since this goes against their morals do they plan on changing their insurance coverage to another company???

Thank You.

Dodie   November 23rd, 2009 8:16 pm ET

Good evening Larry and CNN staff!

Sounds like you will have a full show tonight!

Regarding Patrick Kennedy and the church....

This is an excellent example of “the church” meddling around in politics, where it does Not belong, instead of spending the energy on taking care of their own or underpriviledged, etc!

Patrick Kennedy’s support of abortion is due to his role as “Congressman”. He is granting the wishes of the people who voted him into office, not his own personal views. This situation certainly validates my feelings regarding the need for the separation between church and state! Without the separation we lose Democracy and become theocracy! If we allow the church to dictate our laws, we might as well be in Iran!!!

The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops should move into the solution by adopting all the children who do not have homes or families.

Thank you Patrick Kennedy for not deceiving the public and supporting those whom you represent, at great personal distress.

jennifer   November 23rd, 2009 8:26 pm ET

NEITHER-–NEITHER HAS ANY SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jennifer   November 23rd, 2009 8:34 pm ET

ANN COULTER IS AS DISGUSTING AS """"MS PALIN""""". WHY IS ANYONE BUYING HER SICK BOOK? SHE HAS NOTHING TO SAY AND SHE SHOULD STAY HOME AN WATCH HER KIDS. SHE IS SAYING THAT LEVI NEVER LIVED WITH HER DAUGHTER-–BUT DID WE REPUBLICANS HAVE TO PAY FOR A SEPERATE ROOM FOR HIM WHEN HE TRAVELED ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL. THIS WOMAN IS SUCH A LYAR. SHE SAID THAT THE $150,000 THAT WE REPUBLICANS SPEND ON CLOTHES WERE """"FOR 7 PEOPLE"""". SHE IS EITHER LYING OR """"CAN'T COUNT"""". SHE TOOK 4 CHILDREN AND HER AND HER HUSBAND TODD-–ADD UP TO 6. IS GUESS SHE WAS BUYING CLOTHES FOR HER SON THAT IS OVERSEAS IN THE MILITARY """""OR THE BOYFRIEND. WE REPUBLICANS WILL NEVER VOTE FOR A """JOURNALIST"""" FOR ANY OFFICE.

Cali MJ Fan   November 23rd, 2009 8:44 pm ET

Dodie, perfectly said!

Ann v. Rev. Al? Rev. Al hands down!

A. Smith, Oregon   November 23rd, 2009 9:01 pm ET

@Dodie, well said!

Dodie   November 23rd, 2009 9:21 pm ET

@ A. Smith & Cali MJ Fan

Brandon   November 23rd, 2009 10:03 pm ET

Are we serious...look I don't like her but she is intelligent and you have her debating with AL SHARPTON! really....Since when does his opinion matter on this issue....or any issue really...

Brandon   November 23rd, 2009 10:04 pm ET

Actually a lot of people can't get other insurance is because of how much it costs...not because they have an expensive illness....

vicky   November 23rd, 2009 10:05 pm ET

Republicans didn’t want to debate health care reform it mean they don’t want to do what they have to do
Republicans don’t want participate in the debate and explain why they oppose the bill
They don’t have explanation why they oppose the bill
As a conservative I didn’t like the NO votes last Saturday Nothing wrong debating the reform. We may come up with new ideas

Saturday first time I believed that republicans didn’t like our president because he is African American

Democracy mean we should have good debates

luckybee   November 23rd, 2009 10:05 pm ET

As long as an Afro Amerikan aplaud an Afrikan Amerikan,knowing that they are the hunters of theyr ansestors, they are not very credible for me.And if a christian reverend lie about it,(Lieing is one of the greatest sin, in Christianity) He is no good Christian as wel.

Brandon   November 23rd, 2009 10:06 pm ET

Oh my....she's really bad but then AL speaks....and makes her look good.

Pierre   November 23rd, 2009 10:08 pm ET

I tend to agree with AL Sharpton. Though I am not a republican and Democrat Al typically says things that make logical sense. Where Ann seems to be a silver spoon conservative that does not understand common everyday people.

Jp   November 23rd, 2009 10:08 pm ET

Sick of GOP bashing health care reform-what options do they come up with when they're in charge... NONE!!!

Antonio-elizabeth,NJ   November 23rd, 2009 10:10 pm ET

Why is Sarah Palin on your show again Mr. Larry King. Oh Snap, thats Al Sharpton.

Rudolph A Cartassi   November 23rd, 2009 10:11 pm ET

Ask AL for me how do you fund this healthcare I mean 12 trillion in debt we can't afford it...

Gretchen   November 23rd, 2009 10:11 pm ET

Larry, why is Ms.Coulter and the other right wing republicans are against health care reform or a public option.Most of our military people came from low middle class or from poor families.The nerve of the republicans to complain about the cost of a public option,give us a break.War is the biggest government spending ever,but ms.coulter and the republicans don't have much to say about the war spending.How will we pay for 10 years of more war? are they worried about what that will cost future generations?Since most of our military come from poor families why not give the soilders familes medical coverage. Since they are the ones on the front lines from something that republicans started.

senequa   November 23rd, 2009 10:12 pm ET

Larry,

I consider myself a religious person, but I can't believe that a bishop, or any other person who is ordained to spread the Holy Word would take it upon themselves to deny anyone the "Body of Christ" There was no prerequisite when Jesus was here.

Richard, Kankakee, IL.   November 23rd, 2009 10:13 pm ET

Ann Coulter is loopy and she knows it, we need to stop the U.S.'s patchwork healthcare system, and go with a single payer system, by moving our taxes up to 40% for everyone so that everyone is covered. We are spending so much money and getting far less then everyone else in the world, because our system is profit based, end that and cost will go down!

angela   November 23rd, 2009 10:13 pm ET

Larry, I am very annoyed that these ilky people keep popping up on your program. You KNOW we do not care for Ms. Coulter, I am watching QVC tonite, I will not allow you to subject me to an hour of her or the likes of anybody for that matter that have nothing positive to contribute. Good nite.

Lavene Neal   November 23rd, 2009 10:14 pm ET

I would like to ask Ann Coulter if she has ever known anyone who has RLS? It is a very severe condition. I have a brother in ICU now who had to be restrained, and he has RLS. If you have never known anyone who has it, I would not be making fun of it.

Erin   November 23rd, 2009 10:14 pm ET

I only know the Canadian system and that is not just for those with devastating illness. And that's a relief. Quite frankly, "devastating illness" is very subjective. If you don' have a home, if you have little money, having the flu or a sprained ankle or having a baby can be devastating if you don't have enough money to pay those medical bills. Poverty is directly linked to health outcomes. And poverty is NOT a choice. When people like Anne Coulter speak like this, it astounds me that the degree of selfishness is so high. wow.

Elizabeth   November 23rd, 2009 10:15 pm ET

Ann Coulter makes no sense! Knock out the department of Education? Get rid of early childcare financing? How about doing all we can to make education more valued in this country?

Set aside some finances for people who may face disasterous health issues? And when would they have access to that, ma'am?

Also, she speaks as though current health insurance companies are affordable and fair. Lady, my health care company refused to cover the well baby care of my twin girls! They also tried to dictate when I could and could not get pregnant. That's fair to you?

She is about as intelligent as Sarah Palin, and Sarah Palin is about as intelligent as a rock. They both make me ashamed to say I'm a woman!

Antonio-elizabeth,NJ   November 23rd, 2009 10:15 pm ET

Wait, wait, wait, wait, the U.S can invade countries during peace, we can pay for criminal politician's retirement, yet a woman's choice may be frowned upon by that same government. Whats goin on?

Loran   November 23rd, 2009 10:16 pm ET

Ann Coulter is rediculos!!! I agree with Jennifer. She sould stay at home and raise her kids. Why in the hell is CNN paying for being on tv. What the hell is she talking about by not trying him in NY? Why are they trying him anyway.

Shawn nyman   November 23rd, 2009 10:16 pm ET

Ann coulter is rather demure tonight. What's up with that? Not selling a book right now?

Harry   November 23rd, 2009 10:17 pm ET

Why with the health care issue no one goes where they should.. with tort reform.... just ask your own Dr... is it because most of those on capitol hill are lawyers? btw the prices are inflated so they can be cut for the insurance companies.... I know I have looked at the bills I got and what the insurance company had to pay... half of what I would have had to pay if I did not have insurance. Thank you

Gretchen   November 23rd, 2009 10:18 pm ET

Will some one tell me if Ann Coulter have held any government position? What have she led or group,or foundation or anything? why is opinoin worth anything,not that al sharpton is any better but he has been envolved in civil rights issues and he is a Rev, What is Ms Coulter?

Ray W   November 23rd, 2009 10:18 pm ET

Ann is correct that KSM committed an act of war, not a crime. Why do people keep forgetting that the Pentagon was also attacked? Isn't that a military target? Doesn't that show definitively that this was an act of war?

vicky   November 23rd, 2009 10:18 pm ET

SNL always good

joe   November 23rd, 2009 10:19 pm ET

What planet is Ann Coulter on? She sits there telling America how she thinks going to Afghanistan was wrong when by now even a 5 year old knows that Iraq was the wrong country. There was no weapons of mass destruction and Bush even admitted this as well as the fact that Iraq did not cause 9/11. So what in her confused deranged mind does she think is the right thing? Continue invading the wrong country???

Phillip Henry   November 23rd, 2009 10:19 pm ET

Sharpton sounds like an everyday person. Ann sounds angry, and looks nervous. She isn't giving any answers for her views, and Al is giving answers.

Chris Dawkins (San Francisco)   November 23rd, 2009 10:19 pm ET

Larry, great show tonight! really good to see both sides views made clear. and you can oviously see who actually "makes sense" and knows what they are talking about.....no its not Ann Coulter.
-Dawk

JBM   November 23rd, 2009 10:19 pm ET

@Elizabeth, can you give an example of something the department of Education has done other than absorb tax dollars? The best way to improve education is for parents to place an emphasis on it for their children. The government can spend all they want, it won't matter if it doesn't matter to parents.

rk   November 23rd, 2009 10:19 pm ET

Larry ,
Why is there a do or die kind of ernesty on healthcare when the calling of
the time is economy. I feel sick to see that the President is all about healthcare and i am struggling to make ends meet and facing a layoff anytime. What is concrete that has been done to get the country going ?

vicky   November 23rd, 2009 10:20 pm ET

Ann Coulter where were u when G.W Bush was president

Jp   November 23rd, 2009 10:37 pm ET

Hiding of embarrassment

Eileen   November 23rd, 2009 10:22 pm ET

Ann Coulter is so far out she is scary. Please stop promoting this ridiculous and dangerously hateful point of view. it is no wonder we have all these extremists around. She and a few others encourage this confrontational and mean spirited atmosphere in the country. Eileen

Jodie   November 23rd, 2009 10:23 pm ET

They are both raving mad people!!

ATUL SHAH   November 23rd, 2009 10:23 pm ET

Hi to my conservative friends,
If 47 M people are not getting their insurance, isn't it is a rationing?

Yvonne   November 23rd, 2009 10:23 pm ET

Larry. I have not been watching your show lately. Too negative!. And, I promised the next time Ms. Coulter was on if I happen to be looking at your program, I will change channels. Bye!

Antonio-elizabeth,NJ   November 23rd, 2009 10:24 pm ET

I dont see why we cant adopt foreign health care policies. As far as im concerned, and as far as the movie Sicko implies, foreign health care works, ours has never worked. We need to put all pride in the closet and stop making a mockery of very important issues. I would not mind a Government ran health care system, At least someone will be accountable, in this new insured world no one is accountable, there are to many insurance scam companies out there, they are all cons in my opinion.

SJ PICCIONE   November 23rd, 2009 10:24 pm ET

Personally, I think creating the controversy with the 2 guests you have tonight are a big distraction from watching a real life confrontation with the NFL Monday night football.
When will someone decide to put their energy to solving problems instead of sticks and stones.
How sad this entire new administration is to the history of the U.S.A.
Enjoy the show, if you think it is entertainment, that works!

Shawn nyman   November 23rd, 2009 10:24 pm ET

Get rid of the Department of Education? And Early Childhood Education? She is ignorant.

Donald Allen   November 23rd, 2009 10:24 pm ET

Donald Allen ween well they learn giving away don't save the country problem and it want help to just look over the thing going on in the house it not right it wrong very wrong you no it and I no it I life of the good and of life of the bad what we going to do or how or maybe way what is good or bad if we entered on sum one El is privacie the thing is can you or me take away the right of other I don't just say the US is the only one,s doing so I,M saying it need to stop way can it not stop way you tell me I four one wood like to no if you can ans-her the question I wood like to no way a world of the good thing or a world of the bad thing you see what I,M saying way can you not do something about it well I wood like to no what is it if you give it and way do they say together we go fair wen we go no were you no it true and the only place we go is to a payment book what is that it not funny what do you say I want to no about that to so let me no what you field I wood like to no see you LeeBot

Loran   November 23rd, 2009 10:25 pm ET

Illegal aliens should NOT have insurance! What the hell is she talking about balooning the deficit then says it is ok to insure somebody that is not even from here???

Jp   November 23rd, 2009 10:26 pm ET

The GOP would rather let the insurance cos. rob the American people year after year because they line their pockets with their $-it's about time we try to fix the problem

joe   November 23rd, 2009 10:26 pm ET

i love how ann dodges the question from that woman lol

Elizabeth   November 23rd, 2009 10:26 pm ET

I am also curious as to why the media is making such a big deal about Sarah Palin. She proved during the campaign that she is completely clueless on all issues facing this country. She's hypocritical and a quitter. Let's see . . . she gets elected president and a year into it, she thinks, "Ya know, this isn't all it's cracked up to be . . . I quit, you betcha!" (exit, stage left).

She is not a serious figure, especially not a serious political figure. Let her fade into the background and let's get on with serious issues!

And one more thing . . . someone stop Ann Coulter from talking anymore, please!

Phillip Henry   November 23rd, 2009 10:27 pm ET

Ann doesn't understand its not a few rare cases. In florida an ambulance cost 900 bucks. A hospitial stay for my son for one night with an asthma attack, cost thousands of dollars. Ann doesn't know this, and I don't think she is involved with anyone that has these situations. People like Ann don't know what its like to live by a pay check.

Yvonne   November 23rd, 2009 10:28 pm ET

Loran. What is the heck Ms. Coulter is talking about? This is the question I always ask. Thank. I am not crazy!

Richard, Kankakee, IL.   November 23rd, 2009 10:28 pm ET

England healthcare system rocks, man the doctor even come to your home and you do not pay out of pocket, since it's single payer, and it came out of taxes. We have a total mess here in the U.S.!

JJ   November 23rd, 2009 10:28 pm ET

Why is Anne Coulter even on ?

Uche Dappa   November 23rd, 2009 10:28 pm ET

Republicans accused Democrats of socialism during the debates for Medicare. Is it not ironical for them to pretend to be defending medicare today? On the other hand, Republicans admitted there are problems with our health care system, what did they do for the eight years they controlled the Congress and had a two-term president? Who are they fooling? Since most Republicans pretend to be pro-life and morally sound, they should understand that making health care affordable for most Americans is a pro-life and moral issue.

Gretchen   November 23rd, 2009 10:28 pm ET

Larry,Please ask Ann Coulter about the RNC insurance coverage includes abortion,Please ask her to explain that. Thank You

Elizabeth   November 23rd, 2009 10:28 pm ET

Loran–if you were to actually read the bill, it specifically states there is no coverage for those who are in this country as illegal residents.

Antonio-elizabeth,NJ   November 23rd, 2009 10:30 pm ET

@Shawn nyman, I have two children,ages 4, and 2, the early education my 4 year old recieves, and has been recieving is without a doubt a leap forward for our country, any talk about leaving that progress is nuts.

Richard, Kankakee, IL.   November 23rd, 2009 10:31 pm ET

Almost every thing in the U.S. is socialism, like the police, the U.S. military, fire department, roads, bridges, snow removal and many many other. We all pay for those services out of our taxes, and guess what that is socialism! Anne needs to stop the madness!

Quinn   November 23rd, 2009 10:32 pm ET

Ann, why do you think that the only people without health insurance are either suffering with rare diseases that require expensive treatment, or are illegal aliens? You never addressed the working poor. Yes, you may not have an employer but obviously you can afford to purchase your own health insurance. What about those that are not as fortunate as you? Your fund idea sounds good for those who are really sick, but what if they are not that sick and can't afford insurance?

Reese   November 23rd, 2009 10:33 pm ET

Having the government run anything is the problem. Health Reform needs to take place but not this plan. This democratic president and congress wants to run everything. They know they only have another year to get all of this done hence the big press. Socialism turns everyone into zombies who have no chance of getting ahead by hard work and smarts. If you like the idea of living in a country where if you outwork everyone and take chances to get ahead then you should be outraged and frightened. If you are a lazy a then this government is for you.

Loran   November 23rd, 2009 10:34 pm ET

Coulter is jealous McCain did'nt pick her for VP

Bill   November 23rd, 2009 10:34 pm ET

While I usually find each overly strident in their disparate views, it is apparent that Ann Coulter delivers are more cogent and reasoned argument to the issues discussed. I often change channels when Ann or Al is on, but tonight Ann is the hands down winner

Yvonne   November 23rd, 2009 10:34 pm ET

Well, I am going to watch QVC.

H Goldin   November 23rd, 2009 10:35 pm ET

I agree with ANN because I am an American who believes in the values of the founding fathers and the Constitution and wants to save my country from radical socialism. GO ANN!

Bryant   November 23rd, 2009 10:36 pm ET

The fact anyone still seeks Rev, Sharpton's opinion on any issue is beyond me as well as most of America. His comments are a waste of expensive TV airtime.

Elizabeth   November 23rd, 2009 10:37 pm ET

RK: As an uninsured American family, we do feel that health care reform is an urgent need. However, I also understand where you are coming from–the economy stinks and the banks are still sticking it to the American people. The media keeps talking about job loss. Well, let's get into what the banks do, specifically, the big banks like Citi, Capital One, HSBC, etc. Have you ever called one of there call centers? I have, and I got India and the Phillipines! What this counrty really needs to get upset about are the banks shipping jobs overseas as they rape us with their high finance charges and stiffle our ability to move up by restricting loans! We just gave you billions to bail your butts out! Give the American people JOBS and maybe the economy wouldn't be hurting so much!

Richard, Kankakee, IL.   November 23rd, 2009 10:37 pm ET

I just think Republicans do not like people, since their GOD is money! They would sit back and watch people die, kick them off of any system that would help them live, so that they can make a profit! I would hate to be them when they meet their maker!

Jane   November 23rd, 2009 10:39 pm ET

I am sometimes baffled by how people fail to see the correlation between jobs and healthcare. In this country healthcare is part of the cost of production for companies and to lower that cost companies have been shipping jobs to other cost parts of the world for years.

The thing is insurance costs are so high for companies that they have to lay off more people in order to afford healthcare for employees. So if your are wondering where you job is, the companies are using your salary to balance out healthcare costs for the other employees once you are laid off.

Not to mention people who shop for healthcare on their own. In NY, NJ and CT the average healthcare for a single person is $1800 with Aetna! Ten years ago it was $400. This is just highway robbery. I mean that is more than most people pay for a freaking mortagage.

So if the republican party has nothing constructive to contribute they need to just shutup and sit down because all they do is childishly embarass themselves and sound like the raving idiots.

Until they can constructively do the jobs that they were elected to do, which is be civil servants and serve the benefit of the general public, I think they should be treated as a joke. Because that is what this whole healthcare issue apperears to be to them. They fact that they can regard their constituents with such contempt is just astounding and is disgusting.

Courtland   November 23rd, 2009 10:39 pm ET

As a poor American, it is my responsibility to pay for my health care, health care is not a right. No where in the U.S. Constitution is haelh care a right, and rightly so. Also, no employer should have to be responsible for paying for my health care. leave it to Al "Give me free money for no work" Sharpton and Democrats (welfare keeps us in office) to claim that health care is a right.

Ann Feduzzi   November 23rd, 2009 10:40 pm ET

Funny isn't it that so much trouble occured because there was no responsibility in the white House when George Bush was there. We know that wall street was allowed to ROB the americans when G Dubaya was in. Rt. wing republicans only think of big business and do not take any responsibility for the little guy. He carries all the debt, and get nothing for it. the rt wingers are those who are all white and shiny on the outside but full of dead men's bones. Ann wouldn't give a glass of water to a dying man lying at the side of the road. It is the person who cares about the community and has a real responsibility for others who serves God and humanity. If money is your god , may you burn or get the just desserts you deserve. President Obama received the Nobel Peace prize because he carries a sense of responsibility for all of your countrymen not the rich and famous. I'll take Al Sharpton any day over that Rt. wing Ann whoever she is.

Jill Fotiades   November 23rd, 2009 10:41 pm ET

Larry, you need to do a better job hiding your political stance. If you are on tv you need to be fair and unbiased, you are clearly a liberal. Al Sharpton should read a book before commenting on it, he also could stand to take some English and Grammar classes.

Gretchen   November 23rd, 2009 10:41 pm ET

Larry,why is anyone worried if Oprah made the right decision.Hello,she's a Billionaire! Her decision making skills are off the chain. We love Oprah,and I'm confident that where ever she goes we all will follow,and I mean all,from around the world.I know I can't wait to see what's next,and as far as someone taking her place,please spare me.There is one Oprah.

Meta Maxwell   November 23rd, 2009 10:41 pm ET

Addicts - people who are obese, smoke, have problems with alcohol, and abuse prescription and illegal drugs, cost Americans over $760 billion per year for related medical care, lost productivity and law enforcement - an amount over three-quarters the cost of health-care legislation that has passed. Why isn't the health care debate focused on helping addicts, through the health-care system, address their problems so that medical coverage could be affordable for all Americans? There is no end in sight to the number of people who will become Addicts, and cause escalating health-care costs, unless people are held responsible for their choices; the health care system needs to do that.

Elizabeth   November 23rd, 2009 10:42 pm ET

Jill: You have a comma splice; you cannot place a comma between "it" and "he" . . . it's grammatically incorrect.

Richard, Kankakee, IL.   November 23rd, 2009 10:43 pm ET

If it were not for socialism you would have to pay out of pocket for everything, can any of you pay out of pocket for a road, or power lines to your home, or gas line, no then we would all have to be multi-millionaires. No one could afford a home, a car, but because we pool our money by paying taxes we all benefit by having many services that we could never pay out of pocket for!

Dalia   November 23rd, 2009 10:45 pm ET

Larry, Love your show. I found it very lively. Go Ann. She is very sharp but Al Sharpnot.
Why is everybody giving Palin free publicity and always taking about her?

Diane in Peru   November 23rd, 2009 10:46 pm ET

Al Sharpton is the 1st person that has allowed the viewer to see the ineptness of Coulters education on politics. I want to congratulate him in stating the facts and not getting dragged into the tirades of slurs &n inuendos she is so famous for.

Jane   November 23rd, 2009 10:47 pm ET

Reese dearest, have you ever been to a little country in Europe called Germany? It is the most booming economy in Europe and they have one of the highest productive rates, they travel more that any other Europeans and ... they DO have they oldest universal healthcare system in the world.

I'm sure they must be very lazy since their government has the intelligence and takes the initiative to make healthcare and education affordable for everyone.

And they are sooo socialist the people are just falling and dying on the streets from poverty and lack of jobs. I mean not to sound childish but duh!

Teri in New Jersey   November 23rd, 2009 10:47 pm ET

I have not trouble saying Ann Coulter just likes to hear the sound of her voice. When she opens her mouth I hear noise. It dosn't surprise me that she would defend Sarah Palin. Two trouble making peas in a pod.

Ever since I heard the title of her long awaited memoir (wasn’t it just a few months) something about it sounded rather strange. What I would give to have those few months back…you hardly heard a word from her. But I digress. I kept thinking it just wasn’t a title that any smart, educated person would be proud of, let alone be identified by.
Rogue. Rogue? I had to find out for myself. I searched “Dictionary” on my computer. “Dictionary.com” came up and I began reading. Yes! My feelings were substantiated. She is exactly as titled with one error. She’s not going, she’s already gone.
Read for yourself the definitions, uses and synonyms. Keep in mind how she speaks regarding Senator and former presidential running mate, John McCain and people in her own party. Keep in mind how critical she is of the media (she put herself in the limelight). Keep in mind how critical she is of President Obama.
I don’t know how anyone could read the book and keep check of the outright lies she tells. Usually people who do that at the expense of others erroneously believe it somehow makes them appear better than the innocent people who cross her path. Each purchase enables her to become a powerful, very rich, very famous rogue.
Does she have any charities? Who does she trust? What are her endearing qualities? Did she graduate from college with only one D? Really???
I’m planning on buying Levi Johnston’s calendar. There will be no lies in it. He’s a good looking young man. He’s strong minded without being rude. He’s going to need the money seeing as he probably didn’t think he’d ever be up against a rogue elephant (ironic isn’t it) like Sarah Palin. Go Levi!
Please read and share freely the definitions below.

rogue
   roʊgShow Spelled Pronunciation [rohg] Show IPA noun, verb, rogued, ro⋅guing, adjective
–noun
1. a dishonest, knavish person; scoundrel.
2. a playfully mischievous person; scamp: The youngest boys are little rogues.
3. a tramp or vagabond.
4. a rogue elephant or other animal of similar disposition.
5. Biology. a usually inferior organism, esp. a plant, varying markedly from the normal.
–verb (used without object)
6. to live or act as a rogue.
–verb (used with object)
7. to cheat.
8. to uproot or destroy (plants, etc., that do not conform to a desired standard).
9. to perform this operation upon: to rogue a field.
–adjective
10. (of an animal) having an abnormally savage or unpredictable disposition, as a rogue elephant.
11. no longer obedient, belonging, or accepted and hence not controllable or answerable; deviating, renegade: a rogue cop; a rogue union local.
________________________________________
Origin:
1555–65; appar. short for obs. roger begging vagabond, orig. cant word

Synonyms:
1. villain, trickster, swindler, cheat, mountebank, quack. See KNAVE.
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2009.
Cite This Source
Link To rogue
Main Entry: rogue
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: person who deceives, swindles
Synonyms: bad egg, bad news, black sheep, blackguard, charlatan, cheat, cheater, con artist, criminal, crook, defrauder, devil, fraud, heel, hooligan*, lowlife, mischief, miscreant, monstrosity, ne'er-do-well, outlaw, problem*, rapscallion, rascal, reprobate, scalawag, scamp, scoundrel, swindler, trickster, villain

Main Entry: cheat
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: person who fools others
Synonyms: bluff, charlatan, chiseler, con artist, confidence operator, conniver, cozener, crook, deceiver, decoy, defrauder, dodger, double-crosser, double-dealer, enticer, fake, hypocrite, impostor, inveigler, jockey, masquerader, pretender, quack, rascal, rogue, scammer, shark, sharper, shyster, swindler, trickster

Richard, Kankakee, IL.   November 23rd, 2009 10:47 pm ET

The socialism argument is totally bogus, socialism is what any society is about!

What you all need to do is get rid of the idea of our country being a Democracy, Democracy are mob rule, we are a Republic we are ruled by laws, if we can hold on to it, like our founding fathers said!

Bill Tatro   November 23rd, 2009 10:50 pm ET

I wish someone would tell Ann Colter that the reason this country is so far in debt was so G. Bush could finance his personal war against Iraq. If we can go and fight a war based on lies and ignorance, resulting in the death of thousands then this country can afford health care. Not only did the ignorance of G. Bush ignite a religious war with the U.S. as the target, he allowed capitalistic greed to send the world into an economic crisis. Pres. Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize because the rest of the world feels less threatened by an arrogant "Ugly American". I was fortunate enough to live in many countries as a military brat and at least have more respect for others in this world than most .

Charlene Graham   November 23rd, 2009 10:50 pm ET

Keep bringing Ann back.I have been listening to Larry King Live forever and have never felt the urge to call or e-mail.
Is she (Ann) Sarah Palin's shadow? I have never heard such a shallow guest on your show on any topic.
I am Canadian.A pole taken today in Canada put health care concerns ahead of the economy.
It was easy to tell that Ann is not in touch with reality. She mentioned self or unemployed. I am guessing her husband is then assuming responsabilty for her.
On the otherhand, Rev. Al was right to the point.Bring him back often to keep the general public grounded on the important issues.

adam krebs us army sgt ret.   November 23rd, 2009 10:51 pm ET

To those who would agree with the idea that withdrawl ofthe us military from the middle east is going to make things better are as clueless as our current president. you hear all day long the troops the troops but what people are failing the understand is that it is a choice to serve in our great millitary, no one is forced,and they all serve with honor, even if this means paying the ultamate sacrifice. this day and age people are so concerned about the "cost" of war. well my friend to the revrend i say "freedom isn't free" it is an insult to have some one in the public eye so wrapped up in cost while servicemembers are dying. how about you talk about the sacricfice they have made and not the dollar amount it's gonna cost you to pay to have someone else defend your freedom. if the revrend feels like he needs a better understanding on the war he should visit walter reed......

Richard, Kankakee, IL.   November 23rd, 2009 10:53 pm ET

most of us are at work at 4 or on the road coming home!

tim   November 23rd, 2009 10:55 pm ET

brother sharpton cant game with ann

Elizabeth   November 23rd, 2009 10:58 pm ET

Terri in New Jersey:

BEAUTIFUL POST!!!! Thank you for that one!

Drewblue   November 23rd, 2009 10:58 pm ET

Larry King should definitely have Al and Ann as a permanent part of his show debating the most current poignant issues. It is always great to hear two separate views and have the audience draw their own conclusions. Great job Larry!!

JBM   November 23rd, 2009 11:00 pm ET

Larry, Jill is correct. The words you use clearly give away your personal position.

Brandon   November 23rd, 2009 11:00 pm ET

You think Al was right on the point with fragmented statements with maybe a fact or two here and there....The man must not even prepare and shoot from the hip...

Richard, Kankakee, IL.   November 23rd, 2009 11:01 pm ET

I still think Healthcare reform will fail because Democrats lack the courage to us Reconciliation to pass it, they are far too weak kneed. Republicans will pay dearly for healthcare not passing too, after all they refuse to do anything to create and environment that helps the American People prosper, other then the same old same old Trickle Down Economics which is giving the rich more tax breaks, they already pay less taxes then the middle class! We pay 35%, the rich pay 28%, how is that right?

Brandon   November 23rd, 2009 11:01 pm ET

I find Ann Coulter to be representative of the general republican/conservative psychosis and inflexibility. Earlier this year, when the Congressional Business Office (CBO) did not agree with Obama's Healthcare plan, it was heralded for its precision and non-partisan analysis. Tonight, Coulter called the CBO analysis a fraud. It appears that it the CBO is only non-partisan and precise when it agrees with conservatives. An untenable postion. It further seems that Coulter, and perhaps the entire republican party, are unable to step outside of their own cultural or socioeconomic boxes and understand the needs of the individuals in this country. America is more than just white, upper middle class christian business owners. It is either that they are inflexibly or it seems to the rest of us that they simply do not care.

A concerned American
A concerned Minority
A concerned Man

Jackie   November 23rd, 2009 11:02 pm ET

Larry,

To extend health insurance to all citizens and legal aliens is a moral obligation as well as an economical stategy. 'Insuance' was invented to share the burden of all that are in need of a certain protection. Health insurance is different than property insurance or other insurance prodcut in that we don't have much choices about our genes which is one of the most decisive factors of the types of disease we might get. The current system that forces people who have pre-existance condition to take the more expensive HMO (my HMO just went up $150.00 a month) while the young and less risky population can take some 'risk' in selecting the cheaper ones does not make 'insurance' sense.

With the advancement of 'gene' science, we can not afford to have a system that is divided according to our 'pre-existing condition'. We need a system that covers everyone and encourage healthy life style and safe behavior. An insurance plan that only covers certain group and not others is not 'democratic' where everyone's vote carries equal weight.. I have not heard Warren Buffet say anything against the new proposal. He has given most of his money to the Gate's Foundation. I wondered why other wealthy people kept on griping and insisted on the 'classical' capitalism. It's the 21th Century, people. Communism already callapsed. If Capitalism does not try to adjust itself, it will not be able to sustain the current system.

Cindy   November 23rd, 2009 11:03 pm ET

I think the defintion of rogue that best describes Sarah Palin is a "solitary animal that separates itself from the herd." I think that was the intent of the title in that she has separated herself from what she feels was a herd trying to control her.

It's really just that simple.

karen   November 23rd, 2009 11:07 pm ET

coilter, in the same room as rush, just not as ugly. i usually dont like al but tonight he really came through, but then ann is not the brightest tool in the shed. my son a proud marine and i am a proud parent of a
marine, but i think we have thrown enough of our brave young men and women at both these wars. let them come home. if you dont like our president there is other countries that will welcome you. bye bye

Cindy   November 23rd, 2009 11:09 pm ET

@Richard, there is something wrong with your accountant if you are middle class and paying 35%. There may be some hard working people making good money who pay 28% after deductions, but there is no one who as an individual is making millions and paying only 28%.

tim   November 23rd, 2009 11:09 pm ET

maybe my brother al should have read the book

ckelly   November 23rd, 2009 11:10 pm ET

Larry King and Producers:

A lot of thought in one show.

Anne Coulter, is wrong on so many levels, however I do appreciate her different opinion.

A public option is so important for the health and well being of the country.

Canada's science and pharmaceutical Industry is way ahead of the US- Anne-sorry for your ignorance; So is Europe and China/Japan-quit spreading mis-truths.

A Fact: if your country is healthy and well-it works well. If you take away the expense and worry about health you have a healthy work force...why can't you understand this?

About Oprah: I love the show and have the greatest respect for Ms. Winfrey. I applaud her in her future aspirations.

Teri in New Jersey   November 23rd, 2009 11:11 pm ET

Elizabeth, is was my pleasure. And Cindy, no man is an island.

Cindy   November 23rd, 2009 11:13 pm ET

@rk,
You are right; the economy needs to be the priority right now, not healthcare. If we can get the 10% unemployed back to work, that would also mean a lot more taxes being paid and certainly we need that to fund healthcare.

ckelly   November 23rd, 2009 11:14 pm ET

@ A smith: Right ON!!!!

Elizabeth   November 23rd, 2009 11:17 pm ET

Boy Cindy! And I bet you're one of the people who thought the SNL commerical about 2012 was actually shedding a positive light on Palin!

Jane   November 23rd, 2009 11:19 pm ET

The10% are not going to get reemployed because their salaries are being used to pay for higher healthcare costs. There is no way companies will be able to hire at the level they did in the 90's because of the high costs that they have to pay for healthcare. Why is this so hard to understand. Has no one learned anything from the the car making compinies? This is a good example. Both are equally important. If we do not fix the healthcare issue now we will be paying $2500 for a single person five years from now. Then unemployment will be at much higher than it is now. See what happens then.

tim   November 23rd, 2009 11:20 pm ET

alot of thought in on show? come on-ann's the only one with any brains

Brandon   November 23rd, 2009 11:22 pm ET

I agree with Tim...Ann was the only one out of the two with any brains...Not saying I agree with her because I don't...but I don't think she's stupid...Al on the other hand...I do think he's stupid.

Dodie   November 23rd, 2009 11:24 pm ET

@Cindy

I completely agree with you on our economic mess. The problems seems to be creating the jobs. In the 1930s the one thing that was done... and I know you do not like big government, however the infrastructure of this country was built through government temporary positions. Meaning, people were put back to work through government jobs and when corporations could hire, the government froze all their positions so the people would apply at private industry. The government acted as a bridge until the private industry could get on its feet. It seemed to work.

Health care is another major issue. I believe in public option with a lot of limitations. Such as it will cost everyone. There will be no free health care, period! There will be a co-pay for everything as that helps to decrease the abuse. I would like to see health care managed like unemployment benefits. You work, you qualify for public option. You don't work, you don't qualify, maybe unless you have already worked 20+ years.

A democracy cannot work if people do not want to contribute!

joe   November 23rd, 2009 11:25 pm ET

Ann made an interesting point on how Sarah Palin drew more crowds than McCain and Obama. But what was Palin talking about?? She was talking about what a pal around terrorist Obama is and how Joe the Plumber was going to suffer because of Obama. Those aren't policies and look how much Joe the Plumber worked out for her. He wasnt a plumber, didnt have $250 thousand for a business, he wasnt even licensed to be a plumber. So all Palin was able to do is show how stupid republicans are to even bother going to her rallies as if she was discussing political issues. Thanks Sarah you made it loud and clear for us normal people.

Elizabeth   November 23rd, 2009 11:27 pm ET

Jane–American car companies went to heck because 1) they weren't producing anything the American public wanted (lack of innovation, reliability, etc.) and 2) they were forced to pay their employees ridiculously high wages because of the unions (when an auto worker makes more than a teacher who has to go through six years to get her degree and certifucation, I find that a problem).

Also, how can you say that companies can't afford to hire because they can't afford to pay for health care costs? Oh, but they can afford to pay their CEO's millions in bonuses–that's okay. Take a moment to actually read the bill (specifically, the section that deals with businesses and what they will or will not have to porvide) and you will see that the companies who have the highest payrolls (and then, perhaps, are the larger companies that can afford a large payroll) will be required to provided health insurance for it's employees.

Elizabeth   November 23rd, 2009 11:29 pm ET

spelling error–I meant "certification"–sorry about that.

Brandon   November 23rd, 2009 11:29 pm ET

Regardless of what passes...it's going to be a work in progress. Nothing has every been introduced and takes off running perfectly...They'll either make it work or screw it up like social security....

Donald Allen   November 23rd, 2009 11:29 pm ET

yes Larry king Donald Allen here I just wanted to say you mend Rog kill Right you no it the way it work out you get nutting for it but they get the million but you never see the good of it but they do or how every is the crook,s or you no what I men well with that I well end the store see you Larry King take care see you

Teri in New Jersey   November 23rd, 2009 11:42 pm ET

Correct me if I'm wrong. I believe part of this mess started when companies started going to other countries as they were taxes at a rate of 35% here. Then, for some, strangled by union demands on the other side. I don't know why they don't offer businesses more tax incentives for employing people. And unions are almost as bad as insurance companies. Money is the root of all evil. China is rich on making the things we all use for much less.

For health insurance to really be fair, all government employees should have their's deducted from their paychecks like most other americans. We shouldn't be made to continue with this. We also pay their pensions. We can't even save enough for our own so we can be less dependent on the government. Talk about a vicious circle. Seriously. How do we stop it.

For the record, the difference between Al and Ann is compassion. You can figure out which has and has not.

Jane   November 23rd, 2009 11:58 pm ET

Elizabeth you are right but the healthcare costs is one aspect together with a whole bunch of others. I chose healthcare as an example because it affects most of us. Of course together with high union wages, high CEO, high healthcare costs, that eventually affect the profit margins and how many employees a company can employ regardless of size. But there are still a lot of industries that are not unionized so a lot more people might still lose thier jobs.

If you think about it logically these practices will eventually make businesses go bankrupt because as profit margins shrink, and they are shrinking, and companies cannot keep up with all of these high costs, be it inflated CEO salarise, skyrocketing healthcare costs, employees wages and increasing union demands and any other increasing prices they will not be able to pay as many people and as such more jobs will either get cut or shipped overseas because they are cheaper. It applies to almost every single company. The auto companies are just a good and more visible example. Unemployment will continue to be a problem as profit margins will get slimmer. Unless of course they want to increase prices at which point companies will still go bankrupt because of the unemployment rate.

My point is everything is as important as the other. Be it regulating CEO salaries, fixing healthcare and stopping the abuses that literally make people lose their jobs and their homes and contribute to such gross financial crisis. It's one pot of hot mess!

Richard, Kankakee, IL.   November 24th, 2009 12:01 am ET

Dick Cheney really should shut up or we will start investigating him for using our military snipers for assassination of people in other countries, and then there is the torture too!

Cindy   November 24th, 2009 12:04 am ET

@Dodie,
I think President Obama wants to put more emphasis on the problem of unemployment now. Perhaps he will implement a program such as the one you describe which may be a good idea. I like your other ideas as well but we will probably have to pay for everyone even if they do not work, and I mean do not work by choice.

Cindy   November 24th, 2009 12:14 am ET

@Jane, have you done any research on the escalating percentages of obesity in the country. And then, of course, there is smoking and drinking, etc. I think if each individual started with himself or herself and made more effort to live a healthy lifestyle, we would be way ahead of the game. For something such as obesity to cost us billions really speaks much more to the individual than any corporation, including healthcare corporations. We are much more responsible for our destiny than we seem willing to admit.

Teri in New Jersey   November 24th, 2009 12:34 am ET

Cindy, very good point. Most of the women in my family are round. And they have even rounder children. It compounds itself. But think about this. The government employees who we are paying 100% of health care and penions for have families. We do not have and say about how much they eat, exercise, drink, etc. And we don't have any control over how many children they have that we cover. Employees of the local and state governments have pushed many states to bankruptcy. They have laid people off but have done nothing to restrict the commitments they made with regard to health insurance, pensions or paid days off. Sick days alone could be as many as 20 weeks a year along with 20 half days of sick pay. I am only skimming the surface. But as you can see this alone is a huge burden on the deficit.

Sorry for any grammatical errors. I really am tired.

karla   November 24th, 2009 1:12 am ET

Ann talks in circles and how can anyone follow her?

S Harris   November 24th, 2009 1:13 am ET

OMG!! Why is this woman given a microphone to talk into!?!?!? Do we really need to air idiocy in this day and age when Fox News does it on a regular basis and is able to brainwash the naive as it is? As far as I am concerned if you are unable to introduce legitimate solutions to this country's troubles, but rather spew partisan politics and oppose just to oppose then you should not be given any air time. I am an independent that believes in democracy, freedom to choose and at this time I am seeing a Conservative Republican party pushing policies that would be a "western Christian" version of an Islamic conservative state, where religious views are imposed as moral governing. Give me health care, national security but stay out of my MORAL choices. If I go to hell, that is my choice!

mIKE   November 24th, 2009 1:23 am ET

Why is Ann always first to respond to the questions and not able to respond after the so called 'reverend' sharpton?

D.L   November 24th, 2009 1:28 am ET

Whichever direction the Health Care debate goes we ultimately have to deal with controlling the size of the population. Be it through abortion or a war of attrition on those without care, Pick your poison. Perhaps there is such a thing as necessary evil and we need to accept this.

G. Cortes   November 24th, 2009 1:29 am ET

Of course, I'm with Sharpton!!!!
It is clear that the Republicans are interested to defend the interest of the Insurance companies while the Democrats are representing the people of USA, unfortunately with the exception of few Democrats who are also bought by the insurance company.

D.L   November 24th, 2009 1:31 am ET

Whichever direction the Health Care debate goes we ultimately have to deal with the size of the population. Be it through abortion or war of attrition by withholding care from those unable to afford it. Pick your poison. Perhaps there is such a thing as necessary evil and we need to accept this.

glen   November 24th, 2009 1:31 am ET

Great Show Larry, I am with Ann Coulter and less talking in circles from Al Sharpton.

Could you ask, "about Obama's court date on Jan. 26th, concerning birth certification? Set by Federal Judge Carter.

The Sarah Palin coverage is getting old.

Dodie   November 24th, 2009 1:32 am ET

@ Cindy

I just heard on the news... I believe yesterday, that a university did not want to graduate people if they were over weight...due to the weight problem.

Mark from Virginia   November 24th, 2009 1:49 am ET

Larry,
I was able to view your show today and I felt compelled to comment on the question that you posed to Ann Coulter regarding the trial in NY for Khalid Sheik Mohammed (KSM). Your question was very clear and my comment here is regarding Ms. Coulter's response. First and foremost, Ms. Coulter is incorrect in her statement that the attacks on 9/11/01 were an act of war. They were terrorist acts; terrorism, by all accounts, is a criminal act, NOT an act of war. People cannot wage wars, only nation-states possess that right and ability. Larry, your statement was absolutely correct, these acts, no matter how terrible, were nevertheless, criminal. Therefore, Ms. Coulter cannot credibly argue that a military tribunal is the most appropriate recourse to punish these criminals.

Secondly, Ms. Coulter stated that KSM was captured in Afghanistan and is thus, an "enemy combatant" and should be treated as such. This also is a fallacy that must be exposed. These terrorists are not soldiers, nor do they represent any legitimate military or government; anything stated to the contrary is absolutely false. More importantly, Ms. Coulter does not seem to have an appropriate understanding of military or legal history. If she did, she would recall the US Supreme Court Case of Alvarez v. McCain, which opined that it does not matter how a criminal against the United States comes into US jurisdiction, once that occurs, they can be tried as a criminal in the United States, just like Manuel Noriega was obtained in 1989.

In conclusion, Ms. Coulter needs to read up on military and legal history before making statements that cannot be supported logically; perhaps more that 50 to 70 pages worth.

Doug   November 24th, 2009 1:53 am ET

Why doesn't someone say what the real issue is with our health system? The quality of healthcare is a problem. However the real problem is with the insurers. Let's pull the profit motive out of INSURANCE, not research, not science (leave the profit motive there we need it) and replace these for profit insurance companies with non-profit, private co-ops.

Lets base medical decisions on science, not what United Healthcare thinks is called for based on their skewed pseudo researcht. Lets protect the inovators and allow them to profit. If Merck finds a cure for cancer they deserve to make a profit and that profit keeps them innovating. As a nation we need these innovators. But what is so innovative about an insurer? What public good to they provide that a non-profit coop could not provide at a lower cost to the insured?

The insurers are adding cost to the system in the form of their profit margins that have no need to be there. What is worse is they're causing the best and the brightest to look for careers outside of healthcare. That is the real crisis in healthcare.

mIKE   November 24th, 2009 2:00 am ET

how about harry reid buying landruei vote with money going to louisiana if the bill is passed?

frances   November 24th, 2009 2:11 am ET

did these two get PAID for being on Larry King Live ? a waste of money & time..that's my take..

Melissa   November 24th, 2009 2:50 am ET

First time I've seen Ann Coulter and I am somewhat surprised (and glad!) to see the public feeling is not supporting her views. To bad some of the Senate doesn't read the public opinion against her type of viewpoint.

What is all the paranoia about socialism? The way I understand government the purpose is to provide its citizens with things they cannot get individually, such as interstate hwys, bridges, military and the way health care has become it logically follows to include health care. Leaving the health care system as it is, is its own form of rationing and has a scary likeness to the conservative accusation of "death panels".

We are all paying for health care now anyway, one way or another. The way it is now the uninsured, illegal immigrants, etc. go to the ER room and the cost gets passed on to others with insurance. Spreading the costs out and going through proper channels, having a doctor and follow up and preventative care, instead of the ER room would certainly be cheaper for all of us, as we pay for it either way.

Health care reform does not remove the capitalistic system of business in this country. It would help lessen the gap between rich and poor. Historically, if you look at most any country where there was violent revolution and a change in government it occurs when the gap between rich and poor has become to much for the poor to withstand. Even 3rd World countries have rich people, very rich people, just not many of them. And for those with the idea that if you support the policies of the rich it will trickle down to you – it ain't gonna happen.

Since when must this country be so conservative anyway – and all the talk about founding fathers and the constitution being violated? Have we forgotten the USA , at the time of its revolution from England, and its ideas in the declaration and constitution were considered the most radical ideas on earth. Thank goodness we were brave enough to try those ideas.

Sharon Hunter   November 24th, 2009 3:10 am ET

Larry I enjoy watching your show. It has been 5 months since the death of Michael Jackson. I am just beginning the healing process. I am a huge fan of MJ. His death had put me in a depression. When I heard that he passed away, I could not believe it. It was not until I got home from work that night of June25th that It hit me. When I got into bed, I automatically bald up into a fetal position. His music start to play in my head. All I could see was his face and that pretty smile of his, telling me that he is okay. Tears began to run down my cheeks. I kept tossing and turning and kepted getting in and out of the bed that night. Finally , I went to sleep approximally 4:00am. This behavior continued for almost two weeks. I rushed ut to buy his CD'S IMMEDIATELY. I feel a connection with MJ. I do not know why. MJ was a beautiful person. He had a lot of love to give. I hate what happen to him. I always remember when he said " Study the great and become greater; have faith and determination; pratice; not to trust everyone. Those are some inspirational words. Hearing those words has boosted my self esteem.Sometimes I settle for less than I deserve. MJ has left a legecy for his family to follow for generations. MJ was beginning to find happiness. He has three beautiful children which he loved. I thinks about his family every day. I wish that I had the opportunity to meet him,but the chances of meeting him was very slim. I will always have him in my heart. I feel that he is with me all the time.Larry thank you for this opportunity to allow me to express my feelings of concern. Sometimes other people do not have the time or they just do not want to hear what a person has to say. Have a prosperous New Year.

Momma Pat   November 24th, 2009 3:52 am ET

November 23, 2009… Memphis, Tennessee…12:20 a.m.

LARRY! LARRY! LARRY! I missed the Oprah Show today, but I caught YOU tonight featuring guests who were addressing Oprah’s decision to end the show in September 2011. THEY were there, Mr. King, but I was not. Is it possible you simply forgot? What happened, Sir that I was left out of your CNN line-up tonight? Certainly, knowing you, it just had to be an oversight. And, just in case, my name didn’t ring any bell…putting it lightly, you know me quite well. For years, I’m the one who's been under the magic of the Oprah Winfrey spell. Do tell Man…I am Oprah Winfrey’s Most Inspired Fan! It’s behind her shows, I’ve written songs and books. The hooks she’s baited me with have been Momma Jackie’s kids suffering in the Motherland. My hand penned Turning Pain Into Power as a result of that one hour alone. The world has known of the tragedy and trauma of that plight. In light of soccer moms and others facing silent death, the use of Meth was penned also. Making Every Taker Helpless is what those letters mean you know. Before I go, there’s Home Is Where the Hurt Is. That book addresses abuse and asserts there is absolutely NO excuse for the lives it changes and the families it rearranges; emotionally and with every physical test. Ah, yes, Mr. King, I knew you’d remember me. I’ve been inspired by this Oprah Winfrey since the show first hit T.V. She’s inspired many songs about herself and even others like the late little Mattie, Luther Vandross and Patti Labelle. Yes, Mr. Larry King, you do know me well.

I await your call. You really have NO choice. I’m Oprah Winfrey’s Most Inspired Fan. It’s in your hands to give me voice.

Thank you in advance for any and all consideration of this request. I am the one YOU know. For those of you out there who have been blessed by Ms. O, encourage Mr. King to respond positively to this request. THANKS!

Al Mitchell   November 24th, 2009 4:11 am ET

Larry, Please STOP having Ann Coulter on your show. She is an idiot, a buffoon. She drives me crazy. STOP the nonsense.

Ken Knopp   November 24th, 2009 4:29 am ET

I am very proud of the Canadian Health care system. I had a heart attack several yours ago, and had to have emmergency bypass surgery. I am so glad that I live in Canada, instead of an insurance company trying to figure how best to make a prifit, I got world class medical service by people who are ddedicated to their job, There was no wait, professionsl healthcare, and no extra cost to me. The worst thing about public health care in the USA is that it will cut off the rivers of money to overpaid doctors staff insurance companies and drug companies, good luck with your service because it is what you deserve if you listen to profit oriented doomsdayers. Still very glad that I live here in Cancda.

Stephanie   November 24th, 2009 4:32 am ET

In the case of the war in Afghanistan, I think that Obama is right not to make a premature desicion. I am a military wife, and believe with a whole heart that it is a very serious desicion, and I believe that he will make the right desicion. Whether it be the call fore more troop's or not. Either way with a husband getting ready for deployment, I know that no matter the desicion, in my opinon we are always going to be a target now, and our commander in chief is going to do what is necessary to keep us safe. I have that much faith in him, and the troop's that fight for our lives. I am very proud to say that I voted for President Obama, and I truly believe he will pull through. Just because some people aren't getting the answer they want as quickly as they want doesn't mean we have to bail on him. I honestly know that our men and women of our armed forces sign up for this job to do what they feel is thier calling, to be a part of something bigger than themselves. To keep us free, and safe at home. I know, and feel it because I am living it.

Stan   November 24th, 2009 4:33 am ET

I think both sides of the coin want the same thing-care for all, but we do not want to water down the care the middle class has now for the uninsure. There are so many ways we could help t hose with out insurance. Ms. Coulters idea for a slush fund where people could draw on it like food stamps. We don't need layer after layer wither it is government or insurance. We all came to
Amercia for a different way–opportunity, free enterprise, small business and we can make this work for health care as well.

Docs spend years & years training and many leave Canada, Europe to come here for innovation, dream of having own small practice; let's not destroy this. Let's fine tune it. We can if all stop arguing and look for solutions.

Let's stop bad mouthing people which is not only abusive but a waste of time.

I saw documentary where German Docs feel underpaid, underappreciated and went on strike and no one even listened. I hear socialized medicine has as many problems as we do. Let's not jump from the fire to the firepan.

Maha   November 24th, 2009 5:07 am ET

Dear Larry

I love your show!
I am watching you from Riyadh saudi arabia.
About oprah, I grew up watching Oprah. When I was 10, I spoke little English but there were subtitles and I liked how she proud and smart she was/// now I am 29 and I learned so much from her. To me she is female idol...I am sad she is leaving but I am glad that she is happy about herself and achievments. I wish we have like her in the Arab world. We young women need people like that!
Kisses

Christer Friberg   November 24th, 2009 5:40 am ET

The United States has to learn from the rest of the civilised world that economics is about people. People are entitled to basic rights, like public health and free education. Based on these fundamental rights the society will grow. The United States is no longer about Comboys and Indians where the gun rules. Stop fight wars half way around the world. It is about people and President Obama understands this.

Marry   November 24th, 2009 6:29 am ET

Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing. However, there is also responsibility connected with it. And people like Ann are just blabbering away with falsehoods and without taking any responsibility! It is all about making money not about a useful contribution. They and people who swallow that without thought should be ashamed!

Elizabeth   November 24th, 2009 12:30 pm ET

Ken–

Thank you for writing that! Republicans here in the US have demonized the Canadian health care system; they have even run a commerical with a "Canadian" who claims the health care system is better than that she finds in her homeland of Canada.

We have several problems here: first, we have the problem of Republicans who are still very much profit-oriented and therefore, support those systems that make the most money (pharmaceuticals, for example) because they, in one way or another, will benefit from the companies' wealth. Secondly, and the biggest problem we have, is the group of Americans who don't take the time to do research themeselves; rather, they are content to listen to Republican mouthpieces (read:Rush, Sarah, Ann, Sean, Glen, etc.) and believe them without question. So then, they attend these town hall meetings yelling and angry, but really not knowing what they are angry about. How funny that most of the people at the rallies who are screaming are truly clueless that the health care reform being proposed will mostly benefit THEM!

Again, thanks for your views on a health system that works!

tom cronin   November 24th, 2009 2:08 pm ET

ann and al what a pair of a-holeslarry are you after ann must be the only reason you have her on

Donald Allen   November 24th, 2009 3:19 pm ET

my infohas nutting to do with the US and I,M not on there side and I don't atento let OBAMA intrade on my right as you no them I believed Obama need to mind his own Business instead of mine my business he don't no how it work so he need to stay away from my business I want agree with the police Ste forth thanks LeeBot Russia that is my game and that is how it well work thank,s see you no go no deal betoine you or me that is the store hop you like it as I said before you no the deal no trad no Sal ether I want go your way that is it

alex lyrics   November 24th, 2009 10:00 pm ET

Ann is a witch with a capital B

alex lyrics   November 24th, 2009 10:01 pm ET

And Harry Connick JR was so rude.

I use to like his music, and even bought his albums but no more.

I am breaking them, and never supporting his music again.

LARRY HE was so rude to you, was he drunk?

robert (speedy) Gonzales   November 24th, 2009 10:59 pm ET

Am I the only person of religious conviction who noticied that Ann is wearing a Christian cross and on the other side we have The Reverand Al Sharpton? I hope since they both seem to want to make their actions an impact on society that they truly ask God for Wisdom in making their platform known. Hi Dodie I did pray for you.

luckybee   November 25th, 2009 1:01 am ET

In this short time that Obama was president , the USA has lost more death, in Afghanistan, than G.W.Bush in the entire war in Iraq en Afghanistan.Where are all those protesting mums,against the war when Bush was president?

luckybee   November 25th, 2009 1:06 am ET

I have wrote this a while ago :" November 23rd, 2009 10:05 pm ET

This is what I meen :"an Afro Amerikan aplauding an Arabian Afrikan.

David Russell   November 25th, 2009 1:12 pm ET

Would someone please look up ROGUE and let the world know what Sarah Palin thinks of herself!!

luckybee   November 26th, 2009 1:15 am ET

Is that important what Sarah think of her self?Is God with her, than she is my man.

Mr. B   December 1st, 2009 7:50 pm ET

Can't say, But America is under Judgement from Almighty GOD, this nation has just about lost all morality and sense of anything righteous, money has become an Idol in this country, talk about "American Idol" just show a picture of the currency of America, and you've got the answer.

luckybee   December 2nd, 2009 12:19 am ET

Amerika was build with the help of God bij the Pilgrims Fathers;(presbiterians) Calvinists from the UK who must fled from the Katholieks, that some times become the kings of the UK, in those days.

d hips   September 27th, 2010 10:22 pm ET

Who is Ann Coulter, and why does anyone care? From what I've seen and read about her, I do not think there is any true factual substance to her opinions, other than the ability to write garbage that has established an audience who will read anything that "bashes" the current administration. Where was her dissenting opinion when the Bush Administration became the most secretive and uncontrolled spender in history? Did she just forget that the previous administration spent four times the national budget in the last four years of his administration? And, he continued to "lie" to the American public while he spent money on "project war" and gave tax relief to the wealthiest of the population for his friends on wall street. Halliburton, a company I once worked for, seemed to do real well when Bush/ChairmanCheney started their war! Does any one really think that when the Elections came that these people were going to go away?

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter