CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

October 28, 2009

5 Questions for Sherri Shepherd!

Posted: 11:38 AM ET

Sherri Shepherd, co-host of The View, star of the Lifetime comedy, Sherri, and author of the new book, Permission Slips: Every Woman's Guide to Giving Herself a Break, recently sat down with Larry to talk about her life.   After the show, she answered our "5 Questions."

1. LKL Blog:  Your new book is about giving yourself permission slips to make mistakes in life.  Is it harder to forgive yourself for mistakes that you’ve made or to forgive others for mistakes that they’ve made?

art.sherri.shepherd.bet.gi

Sherri Shepherd

Sherri Shepherd: I think it’s harder to forgive ourselves for mistakes that we made because we keep dwelling on it.  We want to know how it affects other people, if they liked us for it, if they didn’t like us.  I think we stress over it, we replay it in our mind.  It becomes an old tape that years later we continue to play it in our mind.

2. LKL Blog:  Besides yourself, who is the last person that you had to forgive?

Sherri Shepherd: My son, because we were wrestling and he kicked me right in my eye and I said, “you hurt mommy.”  And he didn’t care!  He laughed manically.  I really had to forgive my son because I know that’s going to happen a lot.

3. LKL Blog:  You talk very candidly about the struggles you’ve had in your life.  What’s the best piece of advice someone has given you and why?

Sherri Shepherd: The best piece of advice someone has ever given me was 'do it scared'.  And no matter if you’re scared, just go ahead and do it anyway because you might as well do it scared, so it will get done and you will feel so much better if you step out of your comfort zone.

4. LKL Blog:  You’re on “The View,” you have a new sitcom “Sherri,” you’ve just written a book and you’re taking care of your son everyday.  Obviously you have your hands full.  But what do you do for fun?  What have you done lately to really let your hair down?

Sherri Shepherd:
I’ve taken salsa classes.  I love dancing and I love to karaoke.  So I bought a microphone with some tapes and my son and I karaoke.  I know the entire “Dora the Explorer” soundtrack.

5. LKL Blog:  When you meet your fans in the audience or on the street, what’s the question that you’re asked the most and what answer do you give?

Sherri Shepherd: “Are you Star Jones?”  And the answer I give…sometimes I go, “yes” and sometimes I go, “I wish I was!”

Filed under: 5 Questions • Larry King Live

frankie   October 28th, 2009 8:35 pm ET

the abortions were difficult for me to hear..there are birth control clinics, birth control pills, abstinence, adoption options...not all DRS & nurses agree to be involved in abortions ...so many xcouples opt for invitro but in todays economy it's so costly..they would love to adopt ...

Mike   October 28th, 2009 9:25 pm ET

I think one of the roots of the problem is illegal immigration. They were raised with third world values. They immigrate here. We teach them in their own language, and they bring the worst parts of the "old world" with them. Mistrust of police, corruption, whilethey regulate moratily to the confines of the church. Lying is all too common in the community. They never had a George Washington with a cherry tree.

Rosaline   October 28th, 2009 11:11 pm ET

Cover your cleavige. It looks like a hind end and it's not pleasant to look at. We are SICK of hearing about Jeffery.

kenneth   October 29th, 2009 12:31 pm ET

Sherri has changed with "power" ...do not like talk @ abortions..these facts should be kept private ...& not talked about w/a smile on your face ...

deb   October 29th, 2009 2:40 pm ET

my loyalty is to the murdered children who were aborted, not sherri and people like her..... she is not a good person obviously and only cares about herself.... elizabeth hasselbeck claims to be a christian yet sits next to sherri everyday for money.... elizabeth is a christian when its convient to be, just like sherri..... and, sherri your not funny at all... you made a fool outta yourself when john edwards was on doing a reading..... grow up!!!!

william   October 29th, 2009 10:30 pm ET

Hasselbeck wanted 7 children..1 day she said 10...wow what does her husband say? she would not want any of them to go to war..she supported BUSH ....

Wendy   October 29th, 2009 11:38 pm ET

This is a general comment for Americans. Why do most Americans – both the educated and the uneducated – use the incorrect verb in a sentence with the word "there". E.g. instead of saying "there are jobs created in the economy; most Americans say "there is jobs created in the economy, which is incorrect because the subject in this sentence is "jobs" which is plural therefore the verb "are " has to be used.

It is so appauling to see so many highly educated people in the media making this gramatical error every day! It is almost as if the same school teacher taught most Americans!!

Please someone, please alert those people in the public's eye of this error. Thank you. Wendy.

olga   October 30th, 2009 12:10 pm ET

the abortions were difficult for me to hear ,,,

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter