CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

October 13, 2009

TONIGHT: Craig Ferguson!

Posted: 11:47 AM ET

56237712Late night funny man Craig Ferguson talks to Larry about his fight to overcome alcohol addiction, how he got into the business of being funny, and all the buzz surrounding his boss David Letterman.

PLUS – In the first public comments made by a parent of the Columbine killers, Susan Klebold writes in O Magazine that she had no idea her son, Dylan, was suicidal. O Magazine Editor-at-Large Gayle King joins Larry to talk about Susan Klebold's message.

That's all tonight at 9ET/6PT.

And we want to hear from you:

What do you want to know about Craig Ferguson?

Filed under: David Letterman • Larry King Live • Oprah Winfrey

Anne   October 13th, 2009 12:03 pm ET

I love Craig Ferguson! He is so funny and silly and sweet. And he said really nice things about Michael Jackson after he died. My favorite show was the one he devoted to his mother. I adore his puppets.

ckelly   October 13th, 2009 2:53 pm ET

Craig Ferguson is my FAVORITE late night TV guy!! I don't watch late night TV often, but when I do-he's my choice.

CKelly
Vancouver, BC

Donna   October 13th, 2009 4:04 pm ET

I just absolutely adore Craig and I get very upset if I don't get to see him. I wouldn't really care if he had any guests on at all. Craig is a good show by himself and can make me smile and laugh so much !!!!!!!

still me just a new name   October 13th, 2009 4:33 pm ET

Is he this funny at home ?

marwan   October 13th, 2009 4:42 pm ET

craig fergusen is one of top people however david letterman isnt. Larry break them down ...

INTERNETFREEPRESS.COM   October 13th, 2009 6:18 pm ET

A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR DAVID'S WIFE TO GET RID OF A REAL CREEP AND GET SOME REAL MONEY AT THE BOOT.

MR. PRESIDENT, TELL THOSE DEVIL DAMN GENERALS and
JOHN McCAIN TO GO TO HELL, WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE
TROOPS IN AFGHANISTAN. YOU ARE THE COMMANDER IN
CHIEF–ACT LIKE IT. USE THE TROOPS YOU HAVE TO TRAIN
AFGHAN TROOPS. LET THEM SHED THEIR OWN BLOOD.

Roland   October 13th, 2009 6:55 pm ET

Hey Craig Ferguson and you noticed I used capital letters!!!Have you ever played the bag pipes and if so have you ever played the recent Gortex version!!!

alex lyrics   October 13th, 2009 7:29 pm ET

Letterman must really pay well

Jack C.   October 13th, 2009 8:12 pm ET

Craig might be uncomfortable with this but he is a great reminder to the rest of us in recovery that you can have a life beyond your wildest dreams if you work at it

Jan   October 13th, 2009 8:24 pm ET

I think Craig is one of the funniest guys on TV. His humour cracks me up. I wish his show was on earlier!

Teri   October 13th, 2009 9:05 pm ET

Since being laid off, Craig is the only person that can make me laugh.

brad johnson   October 13th, 2009 9:08 pm ET

i hear the media whores tried to portray harris and klebold as a couple of white supremecists (their favorite boogieman) but were in actuality a couple of christian hating jews. just like the jews that slaughtered tens of millions in the solviet union. who should i believe?

Suzanne   October 13th, 2009 9:22 pm ET

Craig is very talented, smart and funny. He did a great job with the Letterman situation. And I love both of his books!!

Rex Cannon   October 13th, 2009 9:22 pm ET

Craig,

Can you your Sean Connery accent for Larry?

Rex.

Mark Milligan   October 13th, 2009 9:22 pm ET

Ferguson's facial expressions when he was watching his Letterman monologue were as fun as watching him perform. This guy is flat out original and funny. Just needs a sidekick.

ARINA   October 13th, 2009 9:30 pm ET

Craig, you are soooo funny, I just love you, you are my favourite, if you ever want to live in Canada you just let me know and you can come live with me. LOL

Phyllis   October 13th, 2009 9:32 pm ET

Loved your book Greg . First few chapters made me laugh so much I cried, then very sad (I have a son like you .So glad you (and he) are recovered .I'm also American by choice (Scottish Born in Millport)

Christina   October 13th, 2009 9:32 pm ET

Craig is great because he is genuine. I wish I could be crazy and open like him. I want to know when and why he learned some French.

kim ryan   October 13th, 2009 9:34 pm ET

I wanted to ask Craig for an address. My father, now deceased, was the best pilot in America, and flew four former presidents to florida for NASA to witness the first shuttle launch. I have a lot of his old stuff, but the coolest thing is a large picture of him flying a Lear Jet over the New York City Skyline. I think that Craig would like the picture, and I wanted an address where I could write to him, and only him about it.

Elly   October 13th, 2009 9:43 pm ET

@ Anne

He has said nice things about michael jackson since his death but when he was alive he made fun of him especially during his trials.

Diana   October 13th, 2009 9:48 pm ET

My husband and I watch Craig's show every night. We love it, I can never stop laughing. We went to see him live and he was GREAT!!!

Christine   October 13th, 2009 9:52 pm ET

Craig Ferguson is one of the FUNNIEST men in late night TV! He makes me laugh HYSTERICALLY & the fact that he's from Scotland is something I really appreciate. My Grandfather came to the US from Scotland many, many years ago.

Anna Marie Martin   October 13th, 2009 9:52 pm ET

I love Craig Ferguson...reminds me a little of Soupy Sales...I try to watch his show as much as I can. He should be on prime time...so I wouldn't have to fight staying awake!!
Funny ...and very creative!

Tom Catheline   October 13th, 2009 9:53 pm ET

Craig Ferguson is the best thing to happen to America since the Beatles and Rolling Stones.

Doris Ontario ,Canada   October 13th, 2009 9:54 pm ET

Re: Craig Ferguson

I have watched Craig faithfully for 2 years now. He is my favourite nighttime host! Many evenings I will call my cousin in Holland Michigan and we will watch together while on the phone and end up missing parts of the monlogue because of our laughing!!!
Doris
Ontario, Canada

mary ann martin   October 13th, 2009 9:54 pm ET

Hi, just want to tell Craig Ferguson he is the funniest of the late nighters. My other favorite is David Letterman. Conan, not. Fallon, ok but never as funny. With Craig Ferguson I have a good, healthy laugh before going to bed. When the daylight savings time ends soon, he will be on too late for me to watch in Puerto Rico.

Peg   October 13th, 2009 9:56 pm ET

I love Craig Ferguson. He's honest and funny. Personally, I think Craig is funnier than Letterman, Leno, O'Brien & Kimmel combined. I congratulate him on his 17+ years sober. That is not an easy feat. Thank you for your humor....you make me laugh, and that is what I need right now.....laughter. You are almost as funny as my two-year-old granddaughter that lives with us. She makes me laugh every day.

J & P   October 13th, 2009 9:57 pm ET

From one SCOT to ANOTHER ...keep up the great work–
–you will be #1 very soon...
–watch you every night...
AMERICA is GREAT but HAIL to SCOTLAND...

Christine   October 13th, 2009 9:58 pm ET

Craig Fergeson is freshest funniest late night comedy; unselfconscious and honest comedy. I love Craig!

Claudette Harris   October 13th, 2009 10:05 pm ET

Craig's lipstick reply has given the biggest laugh in months plus I have never seen Larry stopped in his tracks like this did. Loved it all, still laughing here. thank to you both.......................

Dominique   October 13th, 2009 10:07 pm ET

I watch Craig Ferguson's show and I read his book, he's hiliarious.
He's definatly a great Human beeing.

Dominique

Sharon, Ontario, CANADA   October 13th, 2009 10:13 pm ET

Wonderful interview with Craig tonight! Enjoyed every minute! He's in a class all his own and I never miss his show! He can make you laugh out loud, listen intently and cry! For whatever reason I relate very easily to him. I too am of Irish and Scottish descent......maybe that's the reason?

Laura Garcia   October 13th, 2009 10:26 pm ET

I came by Craig Ferguson strictly by mistake, but it was the best mistake I ever made. For over a year now I have been watching Craig everyday and have completely fallen in with him and his personality. He is, without a doubt, the best late night talk show host ever.

Joe G. (Illinois)   October 13th, 2009 10:30 pm ET

If Craig Ferguson were now a politician would he rather be one of the Boraks in Washington who are afraid of a Fox News Channel? Or an employee of Fox News Channel?

Sherrie   October 13th, 2009 10:39 pm ET

I was watching the vote and response to the health care reform bill in the Senate finance committee. I was disappointed to hear all the references to cost. Where were these cost concerns when the Senate approved the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Now that we are considering spending money on the people of this country there is a huge outrage. I think that is outrageous. Why aren't the people of our own country worth it?

Lana Grove   October 13th, 2009 10:47 pm ET

Dear Mr. King – My husband & I are big fans of yours. My comment has nothing to do with Craig Ferguson. Hell, I don't even know who he is. My comment is this- My daughter joined the Air Force the 3 days after 911 right out of high school. She enlisted for 6 years & just reupped for 6 more. She emailed the article on the ELDERS & there struggle witih cancer & no insurance due to high costs. I have been an insurance agent for over 15 yrs selling everything from life, health, personal & commercial polices. I got out of the business in Dec 2007. Insurance makes me sick & I could not honestly stay in that field. Insurance companies will do anything they can to make a buck. I recently recd a favorable disability due to my many & I mean many health issues. I was on the cobra plan for 18 months from my last employer. My husband & I have struggled severly financially for more than 2 yrs. Heres the thing – my cobra ended july 31, 2009. I had to go the whole month of august with no insurance because I filed for the MD state insurance & half way thru the month, they declined me without notification. They declined me because I have insurance available thru my husbands work. Well, let me tell you something – we started me on his insurance effective Sept 1, 2009. Do you know that the company is taking $700 a MONTH out of my husbands check just to cover me? Do you know that when I get my disability check the end of November (my first one) that half of my check will go to pay for my health insurance. This country is getting ridiculous. How in hell are people to survive. Unfortunately, due to my many health conditions, I can't cancel my insurance but I can't pay it either.. The kicker here, the health insurance is geared to the PA employers. There are NO doctors on the eastern shore that accept this disgusting insurance. They want me to go into Delaware & see a doctor who knows nothing about my conditions. My family doctor has been such for over 15 years & I have atleast 4 medical files just with this doctor alone. I also have tons of medical records at Johns hopkins hospital who by the way, doesn't accept this insurance either. So, tell me how fair it is that we have to pay all this money & we get no coverage. Where is the fairness in that. Has this country gotten so bad that people just don't matter anymore? I mean come on, it's all about greed and you know what, that's sad. I am a us citizen born & raised as my family has been, etc..... what is this world coming to? Is there any relief on the way? I'll tell you, we can't wait til 2014. I have so many medical issues that I can not get any major medical insurance anyway other than my spouse who by the way has worked for this HVAC company for almost 29 yrs. I just don't know what to do. Thank you for listening to me. If anyone can bring this out in the open, it's you. No offense, but I'm sure it won't do anygood. Take care Mr. King.

Lana Grove   October 13th, 2009 10:49 pm ET

Mr king, forgot to tell you that we live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland – kent county.

Judy   October 13th, 2009 10:56 pm ET

Craig is a comic genius with a veneer of suavity and sophistication and worldliness unequaled on late night tv. p.s.(he's also cute!)

Jessie from Auckland, NZ   October 13th, 2009 11:49 pm ET

@Lana Grove October 13th, 2009 10:47 pm ET
-------------------------

So sorry to hear your story.

Dodie ~ California   October 14th, 2009 12:48 am ET

Larry:

Would CNN look into how much tax dollars is spent on Congress's and other federal employee's health care?

I understand the cost to tax payers for Congress and other federal health care is between 15 – 30 BILLION DOLLARS! How dare they vote NO public option. Congress wages without lobbyists perks averages $180,000.

I don't know about anyone else, but this is OUTRAGEOUS!!!

So bottom line is... we can pay for Congress health care with NO deductible, NO pre-existing conditions, doctors come to your place of business, and mass Americans do not have any health care!

What kind of Democracy is this????

Craig's Fan   October 14th, 2009 12:49 am ET

Johnny was my one & only. Did you know Johnny? If so, did you ever work with him? I'm sure he would think you are the funniest guy on the air. Those other guys could not carry Johnny's bag.

Keep going Craig! Youre terrific!

sylvia richardson   October 14th, 2009 12:57 am ET

Love ya Craig! Began watching your show at the beginning! Keep up your humanistic sense of being – Austin Tx

Mark Notto   October 14th, 2009 1:07 am ET

Larry, thoroughly enjoyed your interview with Craig Ferguson. The lipstick ending was priceless! 🙂

Cathy   October 14th, 2009 1:08 am ET

The best of late night. Watch all the time. He is an entertainer. Makes me forget my problems for a little while and smile.

THOMAS RITTS   October 14th, 2009 1:56 am ET

must say Craig is a good US citizen and we love him for that and more ...the late late show with him make my nite nite more fun lol best regards for you too Larry.

Trish   October 14th, 2009 1:56 am ET

I think Craig Ferguson is sooooooo HOT!!! and Funny too. Your my favorite night time t.v. viewing! They should make YOU David Letterman's boss! heehee

Jeannie C.   October 14th, 2009 3:42 am ET

Craig Ferguson sounds so much more like a Canadian than an American that he should have become a Canadian citizen instead! We would have loved him up here (like Collin & Justin) and I think its safe to say were kinda jealous.

John Andri   October 14th, 2009 10:03 am ET

Craig Ferguson is a Scottish television host, stand-up comedian, writer, director, and actor.

Maria Mackovic   October 19th, 2009 8:25 pm ET

It is always pleasure to watch Craig Ferguson.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter