CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

September 15, 2009

Jennifer Grey: I Remember Being in Patrick Swayze's Arms

Posted: 12:06 AM ET

By Brenda Rodriguez via People.com

They Had the Time of Their Lives

Patrick Swayze promised to never put Baby in a corner. That signature line – and the sultry dance steps and smoldering chemistry between him and costar Jennifer Grey – rocketed the two young actors to stardom in 1987 with Dirty Dancing.

"When I think of him, I think of being in his arms when we were kids, dancing, practicing the lift in the freezing lake, having a blast doing this tiny little movie we thought no one would ever see," Grey, who played Frances "Baby" Houseman, remembers of Swayze, who died at age 57 Monday after a long battle with pancreatic cancer.

Grey, 49, says Swayze was a "real cowboy with a tender heart," who was so fearless doing his own stunts that "it was not surprising to me that the war he waged on his cancer was so courageous and dignified."

(Read More)

T0 see Life's tribute photos of Patrick Swayze, click here.

Filed under: Entertainment • Larry King Live • Patrick Swayze

Tony   September 15th, 2009 12:18 am ET

He's like the wind through my tree

He rides the night next to me

He leads me through moonlight

Only to burn me with the sun

He's taken my heart

But he doesn't know what he's done.............

RIP Patrick, you will be missed, hope it's poppin up ther for ya!

Edyta   September 15th, 2009 12:39 am ET

My thoughts and prayers are with Patrick's wife, family, friends and fans!!!
I just watched "Dirty Dancing' on W a week ago and I still love it since the first time it came out!!!:) "Nobody puts Baby in a corner" 🙂
He was a very talented actor with great voice & moves and he will be missed dearly!!!
Love you!! Thank you for your courage! Rest in Peace ! Bless You!

janice   September 15th, 2009 1:11 am ET

Lisa i'm terribly sorry for your loss.. I remember Patrick in Ghost, and in Dirty Dancing he was an excellent celebrity! Always keep Patrick in your heart he'll remain in my heart forever, my sympathy goes out to Lisa and his family!! Hollywood has lost another legend but his legacy will always live on!

Lisa S   September 15th, 2009 1:53 am ET

I hope all you stars, that made the 80s such a nice time for us teenagers, will meet in heaven and remember the good times.

Shile judah   September 15th, 2009 3:15 am ET

He was such an halo 2 many...

Stu,Hungary   September 15th, 2009 5:16 am ET

O,yes Lisa S,the 80 was the best!And slowly all of them go too sun.

Lora Ottawa Canada   September 15th, 2009 7:41 am ET

Wow!

Another great one gone!

I really liked Patrick as an actor and a dancer! Saw most of his movies and liked them all!

RIP dear one!

Sheletta   September 15th, 2009 10:04 am ET

I'm very sorry to hear about Patrick S. He was a great actor and I never missed one of his movies. When I saw him on a T.V. Series I could not believe how small and thin he became, and look older then he should and this is why he look that way. Cancer, WOW. My prayers goes out to his Family. Rest in peace Patrick.

Cindy   September 15th, 2009 12:41 pm ET

Patrick will truly be missed and much of his work is timeless and will entertain people forever. You take allot of love with you Patrick and may you rest in peace.

CATRENA   September 15th, 2009 1:27 pm ET

YOU ARE THE BEST,HOPE THE FAMALY WILL BE OK VERY SORRY FOR THERE LOSS

Hugh ~ Tracy, California   September 15th, 2009 3:20 pm ET

A wonderful man, gone too soon. I'll always remember his great work in "Ghost." My heart goes out to his family & friends. Such a loss.

Debra Joy   September 15th, 2009 3:34 pm ET

It's sad to lose another great actor. Sadder still for his family and loved ones. While Patrick Swayze had time to prepare for this death, prepare his memoirs, say his goodbyes, many people never get that chance, which is a tragedy for those left behind.

We created Bcelebrated.com so everyone would have a chance to leave a legacy that celebrates their life and comforts their loved ones. Would love you to check it out.

Bcelebrated.com enables members to document their life as they are living it. They can write their story in their own words, adding pictures, videos, music and links to other sites. The site will become their permanent online memorial, including funeral and obituary information, at the time of their death. Members can create secure password-protected private pages to offer words to comfort, information about access codes or where important documents are kept. The site has an automatic notification system so the burden of tracking down contacts in a timely manner no longer rests on the shoulders of the grieving family. The notification will alert the community of the member's death and invite them to the site where they can share their own stories, read about the member's death in their own words, send a gift to the grieving family and access their private page if one has been created for them.

Dreama   September 15th, 2009 6:11 pm ET

Patrick was one of the good guys. My heart is broken and my prayers go out to his wife and family. I can't say more.

righton   September 15th, 2009 6:12 pm ET

So sad . . . . my prayers are with his wife today. Married for over 33 years so so rare today What a Love story

righton   September 15th, 2009 6:14 pm ET

. . and his mom too
God Bless them all

TJ   September 15th, 2009 6:45 pm ET

Patrick Swayze had the fighting spirit to the end but cancer still won. I pray we will find a cure for this dreadful disease. They have been trying to find a cure for cancer since I was child and my parents would give donations for help find a cure but unfortunately, we still haven't found a permanent cure for it.

Lisa   September 16th, 2009 11:07 pm ET

Pancreatic cancer is a difficult one. Patrick showed such strength and he showed the world how you can struggle with dignity. I believe he really lived life till the last minute. A great guy who left us some wonderful entertainment, and a great lesson on life. May his family find peace.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter