CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

August 26, 2009

The Life of Senator Ted Kennedy

Posted: 03:07 AM ET
Louis McKenzie   August 26th, 2009 3:14 am ET

I am shaken by the death of Senator Kennedy, he has been a lion in the archives of American History. He is one who has gotten past his mistakes and kept going doing as much as he could to serve humanity. I thank him for his leadership, for his dedication and for his support and endorsement of our President Barack Obama. God Bless Senator Edward Kennedy the last of a Great Group of Americans....

Heather   August 26th, 2009 4:10 am ET

My father also died of brain cancer, 13 years ago. It feels like it happened yesterday. My thoughts and prayers are with the entire Kennedy family during this very sad time.

SabrinaT   August 26th, 2009 4:20 am ET

My heart is truly broken as we have loss a a great man and true giant that fought for the rights of all people (disabled, less fortunate, working class, etc...) but beyond that what was most impressive about his ife is that he could have chosen to do and be anything he wanted to in life. However, as a person of wealth he concerned himself with the poor, as a man of class and prestige he stood above many but dedicated his life's work for men and women to be treated equal and as an heir of "American Royalty" he focused on serving others.

Simply put, he will be missed!

Sabrina
Cypress, Texas

homer c   August 26th, 2009 7:17 am ET

Also sad over the death of Senator Ted Kennedy. Sadly he passed away. SO so sad. May he rest in peace, my love goes out to all of the Kennedy's, almost as close as family.

Maureen (UK)   August 26th, 2009 7:39 am ET

RIP Senator Ted Kennedy. You will be sadly missed.

mariau   August 26th, 2009 8:08 am ET

Rest in Peace Senador Edward Kennedy.. thank you

Janice   August 26th, 2009 9:13 am ET

A great man. Rest in peace!

Michelle D. Fonthill,Ont   August 26th, 2009 9:16 am ET

Sen Kennedy was a true fighter and champion of the people . He will be missed such a sad day my prayers go out to his family .

idzan ismail of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia   August 26th, 2009 9:51 am ET

An end to the Kennedy political dynasty.
A great man from a great family.
Ever since I was young, I always keep abreast of the triumphs and tragedies of America's royal family.
Tonight I close anoher scrapbook of them.
I feel sad seeing my photos with my family on our visit to the Kennedy compound in Hyannis Port in 1999.
Rest in peace dear leader.

joe   August 26th, 2009 11:11 am ET

If LA gave Michael Jackson a one day ceremony with all TV focused on him. I can't even imagine what the state of Massachusetts is going to do for this great man who really deserves such a ceremony.

Nguyen Thanh Huy   August 26th, 2009 11:22 am ET

It's such a big loss not only to United State, but also to the entire world. His icon will live on forever, especially deep down inside people's heart who have been inspired by his work on public services. R.I.P Mr. Ted Kennedy.

yemi   August 26th, 2009 11:50 am ET

i think Dr Muray should be blamed. he is a doctor and he should know better. it's like saying a cocaine addict goes to a doctor and says i need cocaine, the Dr knows that giving the patient cocaine is not the answer to his problems and should bluntly refuse and get help for that person. but if he goes ahead and gives it to him because of him becos of money, and he gets caught, then the Dr should face the music. Dr muray has no excuse. he should be purnished

roberto   August 26th, 2009 12:33 pm ET

no comments from GWBush ? Pres Obama really needed him now..so many problems to solve...

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
BarnesĀ & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter