CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

August 13, 2009

Ann Coulter: Race and the Healthcare Debate

Posted: 01:58 PM ET

ann-coulterFrom AnnCoulter.com

Just as the left pioneered "AstroTurf" protesters - homeless people lured to demonstrations with the offer of a free T-shirt and a box lunch - liberals have also specialized in producing fake "insiders" denouncing their alleged group.

There were the "winter soldiers" - fake Vietnam veterans claiming to have personally disemboweled babies in Vietnam. It took 30 years and the publication of the book "Stolen Valor" to establish that the bulk of them were utter frauds who had never seen combat - some had never seen Vietnam. (Shockingly, to this day, the Wikipedia entry on the winter soldiers treats their phony war records as legitimate.)

Then there's Barry Lynn, alleged "Christian minister," whose stock in trade is to denounce any mention of religion anyplace, anytime. Look, I'm a Christian minister, but even I have to admit that the sight of a kindergartner praying is terrifying to most folks. (The first person to post Barry Lynn's bar mitzvah photos or birth announcement (mazel tov!) wins a free copy of my latest book, "Guilty: Liberal 'Victims' and Their Assault on America.")

The latest fake insider/whistleblower is Kathleen Parker, the Barry Lynn of the South. Fresh off her mainstream media tour as a Sarah Palin-hating "conservative," Parker is now a self-proclaimed Southerner blaming opposition to Obama's policies on the region's reputed racism.

Uncannily, this claim struck a chord with Northern liberals!

Throughout the presidential campaign last year, liberals were champing at the bit to accuse Americans of racism for not supporting Barack Obama. That was a tough argument on account of the obvious facts that: (1) for every vote he lost because he's black, Obama picked up another 20 votes for being black; (2) Obama won the election in (3) a country that's 87 percent non-black.

So the accusations of racism had to be put on hold until ... the first note of dissent from his agenda was sounded.

Inasmuch as Obama was just elected and his policies have turned out to be the most left-wing the country has ever seen, it wasn't going to be easy to claim the electorate suddenly decided they didn't like the mammoth spending bills or socialist health care bills because they just noticed Obama is black.

(READ MORE)

Filed under: Ann Coulter • Health • Politics is King

joe   August 13th, 2009 2:45 pm ET

She tells it like it is!

sheila   August 13th, 2009 4:02 pm ET

She needs to keep her mouth closed. She is ignorant about a lot of things!

Joe G. (Illinois)   August 13th, 2009 4:20 pm ET

Is America the place where those who champion Abortion and those who value life can come to an accord when it comes to such things as "The value of life/Health care?" Is it truly about racism? If Obama were to catch “that disease” and become pale like Michael Jackson.. Would thing be different?

John H   August 13th, 2009 5:35 pm ET

I am no fan of Ann Coulter but am perplexed by the variety of comments already. Joe says "She tells it like it is." Sheila says "She needs to keep her mouth closed." Gerald says "When she opens her mouth, the sewers of New York withdraw in envy." Ann Coulter makes a pretty good number of allegations but does not provide the source(s) for information so we may investigate their validity ourselves. I have never failed to be shocked by at least one or two of her statements. She clearly has her predujices and is not shy about speaking them aloud. I suspect their may be just enough fact in her statements to make them appear factual but I don't think she tells the whole story but rather just enough to support her point of view. That plus I am convinced she enjoys the hell out of making people angry. She seems to thrive on it. As for Joe G (illinois), I am not able to understand the idea of President Obama catching a disease that Michael Jackson suffered from and turning another color. What is that all about? I don't see how it fits into the subject of Ann Coulter.

joe   August 13th, 2009 6:19 pm ET

Lets be honest about something if I may; the majority of personal income taxes are paid by white American's and Mr. Obama has labeled us both the "evil doers", saying we are "rich" (despite many of us are buried in student loans) and that is a bad thing to want to make money and then wanting us to be his piggy bank. I have read on other blogs support is growing for an NAAW (white) P (persons) and a call for whites to not pay their taxes – Mr. Obama has fueled this fire. Everything does seem to be black and white to him.

John H   August 13th, 2009 7:11 pm ET

@joe...I hear what you're saying joe and if I understand you correctly, you place yourself in the category of White American's with Huge Outstanding Student Loans. If that's true, I understand how you feel. As I am also a White American Male, you could argue that I have also been labeled as a rich evil doer. As yourself, I am neither evil nor rich. I go in another direction than yourself; however, in that I have a tendency to see the best in others and that includes both former President George W. Bush and current President Barak Obama. I really don't get the same feeling that you do in that I don't see everything as being Black and White with him. Maybe I'm wrong but I see both individuals as well meaning men who had/have a strong desire to do the right thing but see the right thing through different colored eye lenses. In my opinion, President Obama is not intent on taking your money or mine unless you happen to be part of the top 2 or 5% income earners. These people already have more than they can ever spend or need already and will not be harmed in the slightest if they have to pay a larger share of their income. Just my opinion!

Ron San Bruno, Ca   August 13th, 2009 7:13 pm ET

glen beck now blogs on CNN as Joe.Good one glen almost got away with it .

janice montgomery   August 13th, 2009 7:17 pm ET

of cource more whites pay taxes,it is a fact more whites are employed than blacks. don' knock a group of people until you are familiar with their situationI think every thing with you may be black and white not with the president .face the truth when you look in the mirrow .you dilike and distrust this president because he has black heritage.

janice montgomery   August 13th, 2009 7:26 pm ET

@ john H please believe me Joe is not rich ,just listen to what he is advocating .rich men choose smarter paths than the one he wants to take .let him stop paying taxes and he will become acquainted with some real white men

John H   August 13th, 2009 7:52 pm ET

@Ron San Bruno, Ca...Come on Ron! You can't really believe that and if I were Joe, I would consider that a low blow. What would Glen Beck benefit by Blogging on this site? Oh Yah! I got it! Humor! You got me that time.

Ron San Bruno, Ca   August 13th, 2009 8:32 pm ET

@John H .Blue eye's have always had the advantage.

Nancy Coté   August 13th, 2009 8:47 pm ET

I am a Canadian living in Montreal, Quebec, and I just feel obliged to tell you how depressing I find your debates on reforming the US health system!! Our Canadian system is not perfect .. we all have our horror stories ... but we know that if we fall ill, this will not cripple us financially for life, and that we are all treated more or less equally. I cannot understand how such a great country as the USA can tolerate that some 50 million of its inhabitants do not have access to healthcare or health care insurance. You are the only country in the Western world not to have a universal health care system. Surely the time has come to change the situation and be more generous to your fellow citizens in need.

John H   August 13th, 2009 8:49 pm ET

@Ron San Bruno, Ca...How'd you know I have blue eyes. That's me, blue eyes, red hair, and very light skin with lots of freckles. Can you see me over this thing? Humor!

Ron San Bruno, Ca   August 13th, 2009 9:17 pm ET

@John H. It sounds like your a Hoddy Duddy look alike . Yes Humor

John H   August 13th, 2009 9:28 pm ET

@Ron San Bruno, Ca...You are right but it's Howdy Doody mixed with a bit of Alfred E. Newman (Mad Magazine). Sure do miss Clarabelle Clown, Princess Winter-Fall-Summer-Spring, and Buffalo Bob (Or was it Cowboy Bob?). Those were the days my friend. Life was so much simpler.

@Nancy of Montreal...Don't be depressed. What you see in these blogs is often one fringe element in a struggle with another fringe element. Input from folks like yourself are necessary and helpful. There is so much misinformation about programs in other countries that many people are in a panic. First hand input from persons living with these other programs can only help defeat the inaccuracies. Keep your head up and don't be disappointed in us. Things are really not that bad here and I would love to explore your beautiful country much more thoroughly.

Glo   August 13th, 2009 9:29 pm ET

Ann Coulter? Yuck
Sarah Palin? Yuck
Republicans? Yuck
Right wing fanatics? Yuck
Go crawl back into the sewer where you belong.

chaney   August 13th, 2009 9:32 pm ET

Ann Coulter makes a lot of money being outrageous. My 12 year old grandson called me the night she and Hannity were having their hate fest, He just couldnt believe how hateful they were. I told him that is how the Taliban brainwash their recruits, with that steady drum of brain washing. These bigots dont bring anything constructive to our conversation, they wrap themselves in the American flag, spew lies , and whine where their America went. Ive never known their America, and hope the hell it stays gone.

John H   August 13th, 2009 9:38 pm ET

@Chaney...Their America is an America of wealth and privilege. They are frightened to death that someone may take away a small part of their wealth and privlege. They spend so much time trying to convince the rest of us that we have something in common with them. I have watched them and tried to understand their point of view and I am convinced that theirs is a world closed to most of us and the policies they espouse are contrary to our best interests.

roberta & kenny   August 13th, 2009 9:56 pm ET

what do her parents think of her ?...her friends? neighbors ? siblings? is she normal ?...but this is America, free speech ...

Carmella   August 13th, 2009 10:38 pm ET

Ann Coulter is an idiot. She's very controversial and loves every minute of it. the only way she gets attention is to make the absurd comments she makes and she just thrives off the idea of making people angry. I do believe she does not state facts only enough to support her own bias opinions.

Michael C. McHugh   August 13th, 2009 11:16 pm ET

This is from a person who thinks there is no more racism in America, except among blacks. She's not exactly a credible source. I wouldn't listen to her about atrocities in Vietnam or any other war, either–not she she really knows about any of these things. She's just paid to offer the most outlandish opinions, based on no evidence or historical knowledge, and to keep repeating them.

Traveler   August 13th, 2009 11:47 pm ET

Ahahaha! Ann Coulter–another whack-job in stilettos paid to entertain the masses.

janette tx   August 14th, 2009 12:36 am ET

Carmela
You are so right about that hateful "bag of bones"Ann Coulter".
She is Rush with anorexia in a dress.She likes to go way off
just to get attention and stir up the "wasp nest". I think she
is a miserable creature.

olga   August 14th, 2009 4:58 am ET

a horrible voice & very blunt, she doesn't care who she hurts..does she think she is perfect & will always have a perfect life? that reminds me of Hasselbeck from the View..

Mark in St. Louis   August 14th, 2009 7:15 pm ET

Libs always play the race card. Coulter is just pointing it out.

Kevin   August 14th, 2009 9:54 pm ET

I guess I've gotten to the point that I don't care what she thinks or says. It really isn't even worth the time to read or listen to her comments. If she is not willing to listen to others or opposing views then why should anyone listen or care about her's?

Kevin   August 14th, 2009 9:55 pm ET

I guess I've gotten to the point that I don't care what she thinks or says. It really isn't even worth the time to read or listen to her comments. If she is not willing to listen to others or opposing views then why should anyone listen or care about hers?

Brady Bryner   August 15th, 2009 8:33 am ET

I think that all of the ads about health care put before us should have the place of origin like we do in elections (I'm State Farm and I approved this message) or I'm president Obama and I approved this ad). This would explain so much to the people of this country and add full understanding of these ads. It would also make the advertisers with alternative motives stop with the "Bull."

infoseek   August 17th, 2009 3:07 am ET

@joe, there's nobody else better than Ann Coulter.

Lee   October 8th, 2009 12:47 am ET

How is it you want to rate President Obama's effectiveness after nine months and you gave president Bush 8 years? Give him a chance! It took years to get in this situation, it will "Logically" take years to fix it. Are you a christian? WWJD? God is fair to us all. It seams like if you were allergic to bananas and president Obama offered you an apple, you would eat the banana. Stop with the "What if's" and deal with facts. God have mercy on your souls.

Dana   October 8th, 2009 3:52 am ET

I was just watching the smackdown of Obama between Ann Coulter and the democratic strategist. Ann Coulter is ridiculous and the republicans should be ashamed to have her thoughts be represented. She said Obama uses specialized people as escape goats so that he doesn't have to take the blame when he's wrong and then she said he doesn't talk to military personnel but yet in the sentence before she said he speaks to Generals. She is the prime case as to why the Republican party looks so weak- they contradict themselves and state fallacies- arguments that have no relevance or connection and just muster up rage and feelings from viewers. Not an intellectual at all.

Dana   October 8th, 2009 4:14 am ET

Obama a racist?! That's a very dumb argument considering he gives all his credit for success to his white mother who raised him. Being biracial like Obama, its merely impossible to display racism. Amazing what people come up with. The greed of this country is what is bringing us down. The rich millionaires and billionaires need to dig deeper in there hearts and give back. There are people who are happy but lives would be better if they made more than minimum wage. But those millionaires have more money they can ever spend in a lifetime. Sharing is caring and the problem is the wealthy are stingy and don't care. If I had millions I would donate most of it. In the long run, the man who never struggled and ate off of gold forks will be struggling the most because they cannot make ends meet when they have to struggle for something.

RClare   October 8th, 2009 5:44 am ET

This man Ann Coulter who possess as a Conservative woman is loud mouthed and can not say anything positive about the President because the minute she does she would be acknowledging that she is wrong. That is what is wrong with America right now, people like Ann would rather see America fail to prove that they were right about Obama, Shame

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter