CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

August 10, 2009

Kathy Griffin's New Arm Candy: Levi Johnston

Posted: 03:36 PM ET

Editor's Note: Kathy Griffin sits in for Larry tonight! Among her guests: Levi Johnston, Joan Rivers, and the stars from TLC's "Toddlers and Tiaras."

From USmagazine.com

Odd couple alert!

Kathy-Griffin-Levi-JohnstonKathy Griffin brought Levi Johnston, the 19-year-old father of Bristol Palin's baby, as her date to Sunday's Teen Choice Awards in Universal City, Calif.

Griffin, 48, joked that the two have been an item for some time.

"Long-distance relationships are not easy, especially when he's in his igloo and I'm in my Hollywood tower," she said.

Johnston – who was in town for a Vanity Fair photo shoot – was less vocal about being Griffin's date.

"I just, you know, look at her, shut up and do what I'm told," he said when asked about being her date.

Griffin said she has yet to visit Johnston in his native Alaska, but has been there before.

"I have played Alaska, but so nowhere near where he grew up," said the Bravo reality star, who was not filming her carpet walk with Johnston for her My Life on the D-List show. "I played a Rosie [O'Donnell] lesbian cruise there and I'm pretty sure Levi wasn't on that cruise. I mean, I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure Levi is not kicking it with the lesbian cruises."

Johnston told E! News he'd even take Griffin hunting if she visited. He also added that 7-month-old son Tripp is "doing really good."

And we want to hear from you:

Do you think Kathy and Levi make a good couple?

Filed under: Kathy Griffin • Levi Johnston

Caroline   August 10th, 2009 3:56 pm ET

We offered our son a car for his 16th bday but he wanted tickets to your show this Wed at the Hard Rock in Florida instead so we got tickets! Can you give him a bday shout out during the show? He's a big fan and would get a kick out of it. Justin K: Sec 203 Row F Seat 8.

Rose   August 10th, 2009 4:10 pm ET

Kathy Griffin's now got one more big joke to tell – Levi. Is his photo shoot for Vanity Fair a follow up to this month's "It Came from Wasilla" – the brutally frank write-up on Palin. Levi has found a way to cash in as predicted.

Bill   August 10th, 2009 4:25 pm ET

Kara Diaguardi is the judge they should get rid of on American Idol. She gets jealous of any atractive woman trying out for the show and gives them negative comments. With her as a judge, she will try to see to it that no attractive girls make it to Hollywood.
Also, she has no class for trying to upstage bikini girl when she surprised her on stage and turned the volume down on her mike.
Kara must be very insecure to feel that she has to prove that she is better than young contestants trying to break into the music business.

Lora   August 10th, 2009 4:57 pm ET

Kathy Griffin and and whats her name are on LKL tonight.

Joan better not start ranting about MJ.....

Louise Welch   August 10th, 2009 9:41 pm ET

I think Levi is a really cute guy...I think he would be a good actor...He seems likes a very nice guy....I hope life treats him well....

Kristin Baker   August 10th, 2009 9:45 pm ET

Levi and Kathy are one hot looking couple! That could be cover of the new book!

Kristin Baker   August 10th, 2009 9:46 pm ET

May God have mercy on those poor mothers on whose pagents you are about to smack down on. Mind you, todays pagent babies are tomorrows....

Charles   August 10th, 2009 9:46 pm ET

Seeing you two together are as hot as Benifer, brad and angeline, and fred astaire ginger rogers, bonnie and clyde. I want to see more.

george & evan   August 10th, 2009 9:55 pm ET

we did not like tonight's show..bring back Joy Behar when Mr King is on vacation !...

Wendy   August 10th, 2009 10:26 pm ET

YES...so awesome....Go Cougar!

Barb   August 10th, 2009 11:46 pm ET

I love Kathy Griffin........but Levi is just to young Kathy...........Sorry!!!!!!
Loved you on Larry King......with Joan Rivers.......you two are the best~!

olivier   August 11th, 2009 12:39 am ET

kathy and levi are the new hollywood power couple.....move over brad and angie.....

Brooke   August 11th, 2009 12:41 am ET

KATHY!!!

Is this a joke???? I'm gonna give this 3 weeks at best if you're be serious. I don't care if he's old enough to vote, he's a child! He has less vocabulary than a mediocre parrot! Fun for you though Kathy.

olivier   August 11th, 2009 12:43 am ET

mov(e over brad and angie....kathy and levi are the new hollywood power couple.....true love forever (or at least as the carmeras are on)

salvador   August 11th, 2009 12:46 am ET

Kathy has done it again!

PJ   August 11th, 2009 12:50 am ET

This has to be one of the worst Larry King shows I've ever seen. Levi is clueless and Kathy Griffin is not much better. If Larry's out of town, bring back Joy Behar or Jim Moret. What a waste of good air time!

JM   August 11th, 2009 1:03 am ET

sorry guys but this is not one of my favorite shows! this is the worst Larry King show I have ever seen and I am a avid fan of LARRY please come back soon!

Haley   August 11th, 2009 1:09 am ET

Kathy Griffin makes me sick. I hate when CNN has her as host with
Larry is out. There are too many more hosts who can sit in when Larry is out. The show tonight was ridiculous and not appropriate for a family viewing. Her interview with new beau, Levi, was disgusting. I think Levi needs to run from this relationship while he can. Kathy is an awful role model, and she appeared to be an embarrassment to Levi tonight. She actually made him appear less intelligent. CNN needs to review tonight's show and rethink hosting Kathy. And, by all means, do not allow another interview for her if she does host again with someone that personal. CNN and Larry King Live stooped to its lowest tonight!!!!!!! Sorry for the negative post... but it's an HONEST one.

Jennie Nealy   August 11th, 2009 1:09 am ET

Oh NO Kathy not Levi He just too young.

Please Given him time to talk or said something. I given you less than one month.

Good Luck Kathy you and Levi : (Kathy Griffin • Levi Johnston) Are this real love or not, I hope so because Bristol Palin’s don't need him.

I JUST LOVE YOU SHOW AND THE WAY YOU TALK! GLAD>GLAD<

vitoria   August 11th, 2009 1:50 am ET

I am sorry , i do not like this Kathie lee or Kathie Griffin , i find both quite annoying , there is no humor with this with woman i find her to be simply not funny at all !
By the way how old is her toy boy ?

Marlene   August 11th, 2009 2:35 am ET

this was work to listen to Kathy Griffin tonight filling in for Larry King the show was like dumb..dumber and dumbest as host and guests..Please.. Levi would have been better then her ..at least he can't put a sentence together..and the hour would have at least tolerable...in silence...

Beverly   August 11th, 2009 3:58 am ET

Kathy Hi!

My name is Beverly Griffin (maiden). My hair color is auburn. I am your age and everyone thinks we must be related. I am also very independent and rebellious. I have a Phd in Psychology, but more importantly, I love money and what it can get me. I want to be famous like you. You will love to meet me and my daughter. I am divorced a long time. I have a second home in Las Vegas. Maybe I can catch your show there. Please call me and schedule an interview or audition. Let me be on an episode of your show. I have followed your career for a long time and have always wanted to meet you.
I am wondering where you are originally from.
Shaloam

fanglade   August 11th, 2009 4:11 am ET

Absolutely. Kathy is experienced in the ways of the world and could teach Levi some things. And Levi is young enough to keep up with her. Go Kougar Kathy

rob burke   August 11th, 2009 5:39 am ET

levi looks like a dear in the headlights. take him while you can kathy.

peter   August 11th, 2009 8:23 am ET

this was the worst show in yrs !...where are you, Mr King? & where is Joy Behar? is everyone on vacation ? bad choice for last nights show..

Debbie   August 11th, 2009 8:28 am ET

Kathie Griffin had me in tears....laughing!! She was so funny. Especially with the young girls dressed like adults in tiara's. The girls looked like they were robots parading around on stage and then Kathie bent down and said "do you want me to take you to child protective services"......I broke up laughing. It was something on everyone's mind and she said it to the girls. Then they said "no", probably not knowing what she was talking about.

Can you please replay this segment. I want my husband to see it!! I will be following Kathie Griffin more. She cracks me up!

Judy   August 11th, 2009 9:44 am ET

The show was disgusting. CNN, clean up your act!

idzan ismail of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia   August 11th, 2009 9:45 am ET

Kathy will eat him alive.
He's so bashful. LOL.
Wonder what Sarah Palin think of this.

Brenda   August 11th, 2009 1:17 pm ET

I always laugh when Kathy Griffen is on. But she was really making Levi Johnson uncomfortable with her sexual innuendos. Not cool!

Michelle D. Ontario ,Canada   August 11th, 2009 2:16 pm ET

Kathy your're the funniest ! Levi is so scummy please get away from Kathy you can do better pleee-sse ugh . I can't imagine the fallout now from Sarah Palin .

Susan   August 11th, 2009 2:38 pm ET

They make a great couple if he is looking for a Mom....kind of like Demi Moore & the Aston kid, another joke....

Steven   August 11th, 2009 6:36 pm ET

I hope Levi can find a better mother figure than his bio-mom who has been charged with selling drugs.

Stefani S   August 31st, 2010 2:03 pm ET

SKEEZA!

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter