CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

August 10, 2009

Judge Approves Jackson Movie Deal

Posted: 03:23 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Audiences will get to see the King of Pop perform one more time, after a judge approved a major movie deal.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Mitchell Beckloff approved a deal between Michael Jackson's estate, concert promoter AEG Live and Columbia Pictures on Friday and announced his ruling Monday. t1home_michael_jackson_05_gi

A proposed contract states the movie will feature footage of Jackson's final rehearsals for a planned series of London comeback concerts. The film could also include videos prepared for display during the This Is It shows.

Beckloff had until Monday to approve the film and allowed Jackson's mother, Katherine, to review the contracts and raise any objections. Jackson died on June 25, days before he was set to embark to England for his comeback shows. On Monday, Entertainment Tonight confirmed that he has been laid to rest at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Los Angeles.

Filed under: Michael Jackson

Lisa S   August 10th, 2009 3:30 pm ET

May he rest in peace and he doesnt know how happy he is not to be hearing any or the circus around him.

Linda from New York   August 10th, 2009 3:36 pm ET

Rest in Peace Michael and God Bless you. You will always be in by heart.

Jacqueline   August 10th, 2009 3:50 pm ET

RIP Sweet Prince Michael I Love You More

Erika   August 10th, 2009 4:04 pm ET

AEG is just trying to get more money to profit from poor Michael Jackson's death. It disgusted me when I first found out.

Janet   August 10th, 2009 4:06 pm ET

The earth has lost an incredible human being but the heavens have gained a wonderful angel. God Bless his soul.

Malaika   August 10th, 2009 4:08 pm ET

Michael Jackson
♥ ♥ ♥
FOREVER THE KING

Elisheva, Jerusalem/Israel   August 10th, 2009 4:25 pm ET

"The King of pop must bow down for the King of Kings".

I guess that's the most important thing, the rest is irrelevant for him now. No more tears and anguish.

Rest in peace Michael, you deserve it.

Elisheva, Jerusalem/Israel   August 10th, 2009 4:29 pm ET

Did they remove the blog Royal Concert plans for the King??

MIMI from Guatemala   August 10th, 2009 4:32 pm ET

I´m happy and sad at the same time. Happy because us, Michael Jackson´s fans, can saw him, can listen him and can sing with him. And I´m sad because we can´t know what is the exactly place where Michael rest in peace.

Linda from New York   August 10th, 2009 4:36 pm ET

Elisheva, Jerusalem/Israel August 10th, 2009 4:29 pm ET
What royal concert plans?

Toni   August 10th, 2009 4:42 pm ET

Hi. 🙂
I hope there is not a spectacle around his grave, and when the family comes to visit, but we may never know the actual truth as to where he is laid to rest, which is okay with me. As long as nobody bothers his gravesite is the most important.
Has there been any word on Mrs. J getting the 3rd executor seat ? That was suppose to happen today too. I hope and pray she does. In my opinion, there is no reason she shpuld not be allowed to. It's NO secret what she meant to Michael, and its plain to see her love for him.

Toni   August 10th, 2009 4:45 pm ET

Hey everyone, Patty left her email last night. She and her daughter are going to Gary, In. on saturday. She said if you wanted to send anything for her to set at the Jackson home to let her know. I am sending something. I thought it was a very nice gesture.

Toni   August 10th, 2009 4:47 pm ET

pattya47@yahoo.com GET IT QUICK!!!

Toni   August 10th, 2009 4:48 pm ET

Am I talking to myself again? 🙂

Honorine   August 10th, 2009 4:52 pm ET

I love u most MJ

RIP KOP.

Linda from New York   August 10th, 2009 4:56 pm ET

Hi Toni

Honorine   August 10th, 2009 4:58 pm ET

Just wanna see him dance one last time even though i know it's going to break my heart.

What's up with the HOAX thing. Does anyone believe that? I wonder. Even though some solid points are made on there, i still think that MJ was not somebody who could pull a trigger like that. I know that he is no more even though it is hard to admit. HE's still in my heart though. lol.

Honorine   August 10th, 2009 5:01 pm ET

Linda, Toni, Lora,

Hey y'all

Linda from New York   August 10th, 2009 5:02 pm ET

Honorine:
I will be crying my eyes out throughout the whole thing.

Toni   August 10th, 2009 5:08 pm ET

Honorine
Yeah there was even a guy last night saying that Michael was put in a crypt and buried next to his pet monkey. We had to break the news to him that Bubbles was very much alive and that Michaels body was being lovingly taken care of by his family. And the hoax thing is getting quite entertaining as well. Gives a few laughs occationally.

And yes, I will have plenty of kleenex on hand when I go see the movie!!! 😦

Toni   August 10th, 2009 5:12 pm ET

I think it was Mara last night saying that we should all meet in Vegas for Michaels Birthday. Its a great idea, but I think its too short of notice for this year. Im in Canada, and would need to save money. But next year would be great.
Im going to leave my email with Patty if anyone wants it {that is ...sane MJ fans}. 😀

Honorine   August 10th, 2009 5:14 pm ET

Toni, Linda,

Im definitely going to break down but i'll still watch it.
Let's watch him do it again!! Kleenex, are u ready?

Honorine   August 10th, 2009 5:18 pm ET

The vegas idea is great, at least for the fans in the US who can't go to AUSTRIA. Yet, some like me can't make it for this year though. My support still.

Toni   August 10th, 2009 5:56 pm ET

Honorine
It would be great for a bunch of us to meet in Vegas next year! 😀 Im an american and have never even been there, but I cant think of a better reason than for Michaels b-bay to go for my first visit.

Jacqueline   August 10th, 2009 6:08 pm ET

I to think we need a Tribute concert here in the US!!!

Honorine   August 10th, 2009 7:07 pm ET

Toni,

for sure if there should be anything going on next year, i'll be a part of it. Never been to vegas either.

Lori Quebec Canada   August 10th, 2009 7:16 pm ET

I am so glad he has been laid to rest now......Rest in peace Michael!

Lori Quebec Canada   August 10th, 2009 7:17 pm ET

it will be hard to go watch that movie without crying.......

chris   August 10th, 2009 8:57 pm ET

Beloved Michael, RIP and thank you for making the world a better place. God Bless.

Donna   August 10th, 2009 10:49 pm ET

I just wanted to add a comment about the mysterious death of Michael jackson. First of all "where the hell" was the doctor (conrad Murry) when he should of been wathcing him wake up out of his sleep.
I'm so mad!!! I think the doctor was not caring for him right at ALL!!!!!.
Sorry I really can't say bad words, but I will say the situation is terrible.
I have no proof it was the doctor's fault that MJ died
I feel bad for his children and his parents.
But most of all I feel bad for Michael Jackson for trusting people who in my opinion hurt him! because he was so nice of a person. Sad for Michael......

Patty Anderson   August 11th, 2009 12:27 am ET

Hi Toni Thank you so much for posting that. I'm really hoping to take things from fans for Micheal. Which ever fans do, please know that we will be taking pictures and videos. Upon my return I will contact everyone so pictures and videos may be shared with everyone. I'm really excited about our trip to Gary. We are leaving Saturday morning. We all need a way to pay our deepest respects for Micheal. I'm hoping this will help some of us.

Toni   August 11th, 2009 12:50 am ET

Patty, we are all on the first blog.

Patty Anderson   August 11th, 2009 1:03 am ET

Ok HI Toni

Dirty Diana   August 11th, 2009 2:04 am ET

Although I love the thought of seeing MJ's rehearsal tape, I do not think it is right to show it. Mj was such a perfectionist that I don't think he would want something shown without his approval first. If they are to show it, I wish they would not pick Halloween weekend. That is in very bad taste.

Elisheva, Jerusalem/Israel   August 11th, 2009 3:22 am ET

@Linda,

Last night late there was a blog about the Royal Concert in Vienna. There were just 3 postings too, and I posted too saying I will be around in Europe during that time.

Ten minutes later the blog was completely gone!!

Lisa S   August 11th, 2009 3:36 am ET

Elisheva, Jerusalem/Israel:

I wonder as well. There was a short discusion in the comments about if it was fair to have it in Wienna. How odd!

Allure   August 11th, 2009 3:45 am ET

"On Monday, Entertainment Tonight confirmed that he has been laid to rest at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Los Angeles."

Is this information correct???

Elisheva, Jerusalem/Israel   August 11th, 2009 4:02 am ET

@Lisa S.

When I click on the page in my history, it says "sorry, not found".

It ruly was there, I swear!

Maureen (UK)   August 11th, 2009 6:32 am ET

JUDGE APPROVES JACKSON MOVIE ?
I've just read the other articles re: estate etc. & apparently none of these deals have had the final say so by the Judge. Why are CNN posting innacurate info ?
The deals are being opposed by Katherine Jackson. The fans don't want the AEG/ Sony (yes, I'll sell your grandmother for tuppence) deals either).

Thank you Judge Mitchell Beckloff, for taking the time to look at the true facts about this case.

Maureen (UK)   August 11th, 2009 6:34 am ET

Elisheva, Jerusalem/Israel
Loved the clip of Michael & Eddie Murphy. They looked so happy !

Lisa S   August 11th, 2009 7:23 am ET

I also saw it

Lisa S   August 11th, 2009 7:26 am ET

I mean, I saw the blog entry, Elisheva.

Cool video, bald and the beautiful :-P. What year was it made? It has more the look of a janet video than a michael video.

Elisheva, Jerusalem/Israel   August 11th, 2009 8:36 am ET

@Lisa S, it must be around Remember the time, because in that clip MJ looked pretty much the same and Murphy and Iman played the royal couple.

Elisheva, Jerusalem/Israel   August 11th, 2009 8:38 am ET

@Lisa S, I think there is a lot of legal stuff going o behind the scenes with the concerts, tours, souvenirs, films etcetera. Maybe they withdrew it because of that.

Samantha - South Africa   August 11th, 2009 9:18 am ET

I'm looking forward to watching Michael's rehearsal footage though I think AEG & SONY should come up with a better release date than Halloween weekend,which is rather distasteful in my opinion!

DESIREE   August 28th, 2009 10:59 am ET

MICHAEL IS SUPPOSE TO BE LAID TO REST SEPT.3rd!! AT FOREST LAWN. AND I HOPE BY THEN THEY HAVE DR,(KILLER) MURRAY BEHIND BARS!!! HE KILLED MJ AND KNOWS HE DID!!! HE IS SO FULL OF IT....THEY NEED TO GRAB HIM UP AND PUT HIM IN JAIL B4 HE TRIES EITHER TO COMMITT SUICIDE OR LEAVES THE COUNRTY!!!!!!!!! R.I.P MJ!! YOU WILL 4EVER BE IN MY HEART!! I LUV YOU!!!

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter