CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

July 2, 2009

Jackson's will answers some questions, raises more

Posted: 08:29 AM ET

The will and the wake.

Amid the frenzy of confusing and conflicting information that has followed the death of Michael Jackson, Wednesday began with clarity on two fronts. The day ended, however, with more questions than answers.

A federal law enforcement official said Wednesday night that the Drug Enforcement Administration had joined Jackson's death investigation, once again fanning speculation that drugs may have been involved in the pop icon's passing.

Earlier in the day, the Jackson family said they would not hold a public or private viewing of his body at Neverland Ranch, as had been reported. They didn't indicate where else or when such a ceremony would be held.

And though Jackson's will, made public Wednesday, placed his entire estate in a family trust, the document that described the trust was not filed in Los Angeles Superior Court.

"He was such an enigma in life, why would we expect him to be anything different in death?" said Antoni Devon, a Jackson fan who huddled with other music lovers at a makeshift memorial for the singer outside Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood.

Meanwhile, Two law enforcement officials separately confirmed the DEA probe, saying agents would look at various doctors involved with Jackson, their practices and their possible sources of medicine supply.

Filed under: Larry King Live • Michael Jackson

Jackson burn out   July 2nd, 2009 9:10 am ET

The entire LK Blog page is Michael Jackson stories!!! Isn't it possible to combine them and make just 1 Michael Jackson story? It is seriously time to move on or at least have a few other stories. We are burnt out on MJ!

jocelyn- from phillippines   July 2nd, 2009 9:19 am ET

No matter what they say, we still love mj! Since 1983 i become fan of michael, i still got all his records and i keep it. What a great lost but we know he's in a better hands now. He will live in my heart forever..

Lori   July 2nd, 2009 9:21 am ET

The poor guy is dead! Give it up already. You cannot turn ANY TV station on without 10 or more minutes being about MJ. Gee, you would think no one ever died before. Let him rest in peace!!

Valerie Cornell   July 2nd, 2009 10:19 am ET

This is overkill about Michael Jackson, There nothing anyone can do, The circumstances of Michael's or any one death may not be nice, but everyone one has their day to be born and to die. The day of everyone birth and death was set way before. God has full control of life and death. Everyone is saying R.I.P. well let him. Let Michael Jackson R.I.P. It's nobody business except the family of the details now. You want to remember him. this how Stop the killings, stop the abuse of others. Be nice to your fellowman.. show love to others, spread your love. Make the world a better place by showing love to others. Michael would like that. We all our human beings, quit judging others by the skin color, stop killing each other. make a different by kindness and love. Martin Luther King want everyone to be treated the same and love not judged. Be a better person. Let everyone R.I.P Honor them by you actions of love to others.

Warren C. Humphrey   July 2nd, 2009 10:50 am ET

We need to respect this family's privacy during these days of mourning. Since, I believe in Universal Laws of freedom, joy and abundance in life. I keep my "GOD DICE" with me to keep me on track. The secret to being in harmony is staying in the present. What has happened in the past is in the past. Give Michael Jackson our prayers for a peaceful transition. He had made a tremendous impact on the entertainment industry. Let's remember his gifts to us all.

Nicole   July 2nd, 2009 12:30 pm ET

I understand the need for commemorating the Pop icon. I myself, being of Jackson's generation, feel the end of an era with his passing. What I do not understand nor approve of is the urge for overanalyzing after his death. Details of his life in the past years, his kids, his money, his will, etc...Too much background noise drawing the real news happening around us! It falls in the realms of "voyeurism" rather than "journalism". There is no news here. Please move on and let the man rest in peace.

Jean   July 2nd, 2009 12:35 pm ET

I cannot believe that every day for the past week you are still talking about Michael Jackson, same stories over and over. He was once great but that was a long time ago. Maybe two days, a stretch would have been three days.

I love to watch your show Larry, but have turned the channel every night for a week. Could we please move on?

Everyone in my circle feels the same way. Just our opinion!

Jean

Bill   July 2nd, 2009 12:39 pm ET

Let's get on with something else. This obsession with Michael Jackson has gone on too long. There are more important things in this world to deal with.

Tito Calsada   July 2nd, 2009 12:55 pm ET

No question exists that Michael Jackson was the greatest entertainer of all time, and most talented human being ever, worldwide! MJ could extraordinarily sing, dance, wrote most of his music, created musical productions and videos, et al. While I admired Elvis Presley and Frank Sinatra singing abilities, neither comes close to MJ's talent. Further, the exploits of Elvis and Sinatra need an asterisk considering that in their heyday, minorities' participation in the entertainment industry was not equally allowed.

Tito Calsada
Chula Vista, California

Lady G.   July 2nd, 2009 2:26 pm ET

Just listening to MJ and am grieving all over again. What a monumental loss.

Billy-Mcewen,Tn.   July 2nd, 2009 2:28 pm ET

Were Michael Jackson a religion man ?

Helen   July 2nd, 2009 2:30 pm ET

Time to get on with other stories. Enough already !! CNN and LK are going over and over the same stories about MJ – must be slow news days I guess – I tune in every night to see if there is something else to report on – by NO !! – I turn the channel every night. Who cares about the will, who he left what to who, or who MJ's biological father is – dah !! Did anyone really think that MJ was the real father?? His kids are totally white looking – I could go on and on – get over it !!
Poor Farrah Fawcett – you gave her death 10 minutes.

cyndi   July 2nd, 2009 3:14 pm ET

It is interesting that he wrote the will 7-7, and his funeral is 7-7
The emergency vehicle had a 7 on it,and he died on the 25th which
is a 7 if you add the numbers together.
It is a very spirtual number in all religions.
Just an interesting thing to share.

It is also a full moon,and lunar eclipse on Tues 7-7

anneliese   July 2nd, 2009 3:19 pm ET

i think janet can do michele show, that he could not do ,she can pull it off.,she can move like him .it would be a shame not to do that viedo .I think Janet Jackson can do it.

Rositsa   July 2nd, 2009 3:52 pm ET

Undoubtedly.
Michael is the best creator
because of his spirituality.
Which towers over everything else.
Thousand bow to the ground Michael.
Nobody goes away forever
while has got some one to loving him.
I miss you a great deal Michael.
I was in the past with you Michael
I was at nowadays with you Michael
Will bi in the future with you Michael.
I love you Michael.
Forever free
Was so easy
Not even believe
Like that be received
I fall in love
Not is happened before
I was not a nun
I not hide from the love
Intoxicated by him-Michael
Not ends speed at my heart.
I was be with him child
I was be with him and woman.
I could be fly
I could be and invisible whit him.
He is now invisible and is among us.I love you Michael Jackson.
Snowflake-frozen my dream.
So unexpecteadly melt.
I am in the chilly season
But I could not save you.
I love you Michael Jackson.
Fascination
I stand without breth.
My eyes stops on your face(Michael)
and suddenly hear gentle voice
Loving words
Am I dreaming
Again I looked at you
But no,I haven't made a mistaken
Is not a dream
Your eyes speak about the love
Your lips,covering with pearls world
I see the all beauty in the world
Long time I will admire of you Michael.
I love you Michael
Rest in peace.

chelsea   July 2nd, 2009 3:59 pm ET

Who really even cares if he wasnt moving his hips do guys even have hips i was raised on his music if madonna died you guys would get upset if some was talking so disrspectful mj and his family would appreciate some one sticking up for him so stop talking crap! Rest in peace michael HIS VIDEO ROCKED !!!!!!

Linda   July 2nd, 2009 4:28 pm ET

At first I thought this was a hoax, to promote his concert, then I watched the Bet Awards and saw Janet I then new that it was true. I lost my sister a little over a year ago, the most painful thing I ever went through. I just want to let people know that The Jackson Family are human and need time to comprehend this death. Lets not forget this. Also we all have skeleton in our closet that we don't want to be broadcast, Lets leave Michael's alone we all heard it when it happened that is enough. Who's business is it if Michael's children are bio Kids are not anyway. My thoughts and prayers to The Jackson Family.

Jill Awuni   July 2nd, 2009 5:44 pm ET

Looking and Listening to Michael Jackson's father brought chills to my body. Even in death, this evil man is thinking of how he can milk Michael. Larry, I think there should laws to imprison fathers like that!

Danny Coleman   July 2nd, 2009 5:56 pm ET

I think the man should be able to rest in peace literally.

Annise   July 2nd, 2009 6:48 pm ET

I am listening to Michael Jackson's last recorded cd. to those who have so much negative things to say about him should listen to his song PRIVACY. in this song he also refers to Lady Di. Just let his family have their privacy.

Diana   July 2nd, 2009 9:16 pm ET

Larry,

I am from Jamaica and I do not blog normally. I want to thank you very much for the show you did from Neverland. I needed something to help me complete on the death of Michael Jackson and this show did it for me. I was finally able to grieve and lay it to rest. Keep doing the great work you do. Thanks a million

Diana
Jamaica

Paulette Bergeron   July 2nd, 2009 9:37 pm ET

If California law says a body must be buried in a cemetary, why can't the Jackson's, with all their money and power, build a cemetary on the grounds of Neverland Ranch? I'm sure it will take time, but they can always move Michael,s body back to the ranch.

Ron   July 2nd, 2009 9:41 pm ET

Larry,
Has the laws changed since J. Paul Getty and his grandson was buried on the Getty Malibu Estate? If not, the Jackson family should be allowed to bury Michael on his Neverland Estate.

rthoo   July 2nd, 2009 11:27 pm ET

Larry, don't speak for the rest of us: who are we to judge what's in his will? This is none of our business. The Jackson family just lost a son, brother, uncle and father. CNN has been very disrespectful and irresponsible in their reporting in the last few days. You're giving me a headache with your speculations. Shame on you!!!

Beth   July 2nd, 2009 11:44 pm ET

Too much spin and too little fact. I'm not interested in one of the Jackson's, one more time, personal interpretation of events that doesn't meet reality. I feel as if I'm being oversold a product that hasn't existed for 20 years.

Starr   July 3rd, 2009 1:54 am ET

Michael Jackson was a great artist and performer and it's sad that he passed before his comeback. All the media hoopla about drug use is irrevelant now. As for the children, Debbie Rowe should continue to stay out of the picture and if she fight for custody then she should be charged for selling her children because with her accepting the money from MJ for the children she broke the law. None of that is being talked about. May he R.I.P. and let us not judge him for what we think he did. No one is perfect and no one knows what he had to deal with physically or emotionally.

Cindy   July 3rd, 2009 4:32 am ET

All these accusations against Michael have absolutely no proof behind them yet and maybe none of it is true. It's so sickening. Please let Michael a true artist go in peace. He should be respected for his accomplishments and his humanitarian efforts. Truly, truly one of THE greatest if not THE greatest talent of all time. He will be sadly missed by his family, his children and his fans but we have his music forever. RIP Michael.

KEVIN A. JOHNSON   July 3rd, 2009 9:30 am ET

I don't think alot of people get it. For many! Michael Jackson was like a family member. A distant cousin for example, you grew up with him and his family (The Jackson 5) although they lived in another state. The barriers that were broken by the M.J. & Family showed individuals such as I that I could prosper also. That there was more to life than the projects that surounded me and the one I lived in, in Norfolk, Va. To stop having a closed mind, to break down that wall, the one of color. I lost my older brother October 2008, I feel the same lost within for Michael Jackson, the same saddness

Kevin A. Johnson
GySgt USMC Ret.

Sarah   July 4th, 2009 5:01 pm ET

It has been over a week since we've lost the greatest entertainer of all times the King of Pop MJ. But the pain of losing him feels still like it just happened.

It is so hard to realize that now we'll never be able to see him in conceret, see him do live anything....so,so hard.

But thank you Michael for your legacy-GREAT music, vidioes, concret shows, and your kindness--we'll miss you greatly. My prayers are with your family (especially your kids and mother).

And to those who are saying too much coverage-well, it is not up to CNN it is up to the viewers. And the Viewers/public all over the world are interested in it....because his funs are from all over the world. So, need to live with it. It is not everyday, we lose someone like MJ. It is Histirical-just like everything MJ had accompolished.

But I have to say this to CNN-although for the most part you're great...please try and focus on what is important–which is how we got to know michael-simply his great work! And remember even The Greatest entertainer of all times deserves a little privacy especially when it comes to his beloved children....

Love you always, Michael!

Rochelle   July 6th, 2009 1:14 am ET

Larry, Keep up the good work Michael was the greatest entertainer of all time He will be deeply missed and in our hearts always.
REST IN PEACE Michael

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
BarnesĀ & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter