CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

June 28, 2009

Taped: Jackson's Last Night Alive, Could Be CD, DVD

Posted: 06:41 PM ET

t1home_michael_jackson_05_giMichael Jackson’s last rehearsal at the Staples Center on Wednesday, the eve of his death, was recorded in multi-camera, high-definition video and multi-track audio, and could be released as the performer’s last album, according to several people close to the now-defunct concert tour.

The recordings were made as part of concert promotion company AEG Live’s deal with Jackson, which included a plan to produce both an album and DVD of what Jackson had billed his “final performance” tour, titled “This Is It.”

The entertainer died of heart failure on Thursday.

Randy Phillips, president and CEO of AEG Live, the nation's second largest concert promoter, emailed that he would not comment for the story.

The recordings also could be used to produce both a DVD or Blu-ray disc of the entertainer’s last performance - the entertainer singing his greatest hits.

One AEG official boasted to a colleague this weekend, “We have a live album in the can.”

And what an album it would be. Amazon, record stores and retailers like Barnes and Noble sold of all Michael Jackson stock almost immediately - and in a matter of minutes following the news of Jackson’s death, in the case of Amazon.

Press reports have said that AEG Live stands to lose tens of millions of dollars from the unexpected cancellation of Jackson’s 50-date London tour.

But any audio and video release of the final concert would undoubtedly sell millions - if not tens of milllions - of units worldwide and would be the music industry’s equivalent of a license to print money.

Jackson had failed to appear at many of the scheduled rehearsals in Los Angeles over the past two months. But he did show up at a full rehearsal at the Staples Center of his scheduled July 13 London concert on the night before his death.

(Read More)

Filed under: Larry King Live • Michael Jackson

cyd   June 28th, 2009 7:35 pm ET

Michael Jackson did have Vitaligo, as do I. It anoys me to no end to hear those who are ignorant to the faces, claim that he wanted to be white. The reality is, that as his disease progressed, the white spots became so profuse that they outweighed the brown pigment of his skin. In order to continue his career, he needed to conceal his disease and the only way, considering the extent of the disfigurement was to be bleached. So yes, he did get bleached, but it was the only way to appear "normal." The psycological effect of chemically erasing his color, caused a delema with regard to his ethnicity. He began the plastic surgery to merge his skin color and features

Sherri Zelezney   June 28th, 2009 8:01 pm ET

I would like to know what type of medical doctor Michael Jackson had? Anyone trained in first aid knows that CPR should not be administered while the individual is laying on a bed. The first thing to do is to put that person on a hard surface so that the compressions can have an affect!!! Maybe Michael could have had a better chance of survival!! We will miss you Michael!!

elba lopez   June 28th, 2009 8:24 pm ET

My heart is heavy. I grew up with Michael and I always wanted to meet him although knew that would never be possible especially with trust issues towards people who abused his fame. He was sweet and genuine and had a good soul. I will miss him. I grew up in Santa Maria, Ca. and I remember in high school he went to our mall (disguised) that was a big deal. My sister went to a employee bbq at his ranch where my cousin worked. My daughter went to his trial and took a few photos. I wish this never happened – I was praying during CNN's broadcast hoping you would not confirm his death. My heart goes out to the family, especially Michael's mother. God bless Michael, I know he is in a good place.

sherry   June 28th, 2009 8:56 pm ET

my prayers go out to the jackson family my comment is to his family why do anther autopsy wait and see it is time to wake up your son died of a drug over dose let him rest in peace now

Lori from Canada   June 28th, 2009 9:20 pm ET

MJ will be missed...when people say he changed and got different or wierd..do they not realize that Depression from post tramatic distress..from being soo sensitive..can cause all kinds of problems including physical PAIN..AS A TRIBUTE TO MJ..SHOW KINDNESS TO ALL CHILDREN..IT WILL COME BACK A THOUSANDFOLD..GOD BLESS

Cassie   June 28th, 2009 9:27 pm ET

It's so sad that time and other things lead us away from remembering who Michael Jackson truly was. Shockingly on Friday as the news broke I began watching old videos and the Jackson 5 movie. It reminded me of who he was, what he stood for, the innocent love of music, and what a true legend that has been lost. Sad he couldn't see the outpour of love and respect people had for him. It is so odd what an effect it had on even my four year old son, he was out on the lawn this morning with just his underwear on and one glove trying to dance. That really says something. Long live the king!

Jenny and Denis,Vancouver, BC Canada   June 28th, 2009 9:49 pm ET

Dear Larry!

My boyfriend and I are still in shock we still can't believe the KING OF POP is gone, it's going to take a long time to absorbe this and all of his fans on the globe. Our condolences to all of the Jackson family.

RIP MICHAEL love you always.

YOUR FANS
JENNY AND DENIS

sue hewitt   June 28th, 2009 10:00 pm ET

His light will live on forever. You know, Michael Jackson was and still is an amazing man who contributed an enormous amount of love, joy and entertainment to our lives. He really made my life rich with his music. I feel especially lucky to have grown up listening to him, watching him and admiring his beautiful person and innocent soul. And those are the special attributes that shaped my world and existence and that will never change. He is a genius with a beautiful voice, intelligent gross motor movements and who wrote brilliant musical lyrics. He enriched my life and all of our lives. That makes me feel so lucky to have lived in his time. He is awakening my soul to look in the mirror as he did. God bless you, Michael.
Namaste!
sue hewitt-portnoy

Aaron L. Gray   June 28th, 2009 10:33 pm ET

Micheal Jackson has a very special place in my heart and spirit. I love him
enough to call him brother. He and his music inspired me to love and embrace all men and women as brothers and sisters. He and his music also stimulated my heart to adore and reverence all women. In my
opinion, a lot of his music emulates the heart of Christ. Micheal Jackson
is one of several artists who help strengthen my relationship with Jesus
Christ.

lucy   June 28th, 2009 11:10 pm ET

Larry King & CNN Co....Do you think your network would do jusice to the true legacy of Michael Jackson? That being the Genius within his soul.....his musicality....his truest form of dance form paralleling his idols in Fred Astaire and Gene Kelley? His voice.....his octave ranges...his written skills.....his ability to write such amazing lyrics....his ability to give unconditional loveand trust....long before Character Counts Bumper Stickers...there was Michael Jackson and his DNA......God BlessThe Jackson Family.....God Bless Michael's children as they move through these most sorrowful of days that lies ahead.......His Gift of Giving to others.....should be respected...should be admired...A true tribute filled with love and class should be given without the ugly rumors that would prove to be false.....MJ was acquited....that ugly tabloid garbage is so not worthy for his family to listen to...again...and again......Katherine Jackson deserves to have her son's memory enlightened to a higher level.....That of class!
Elizabeth Taylor gets it! Michael did many shows for charity!

harry   June 28th, 2009 11:37 pm ET

I just found out he wrote "We are the World" w/ionel Ritchie around 1984....a gorgeous song ...

Doris/St.Louis   June 29th, 2009 12:14 am ET

Michael's life is a CD/DVD.

Jamie   June 29th, 2009 12:55 am ET

I am so saddened with Michael Jackson's death. I think the general (majority) of the public really misunderstood him. Yes, he was different but I will never believe he ever hurt or molested a child. I think the allegations and trial against him, devastated him. He could not understand how he could be so gentle and loving and others could come after him the way they did. I could not believe the interview I saw with his father tonight at the BET Awards. How could he so dishonor his son with talk of his new record label. Either the man, himself, is on drugs or his father is truly an unfeeling man.

Yes, Michael should be remembered for all his many, many talents and the gift of love he shared with so many. True friends who have spoken so kindly of him, really knew the really Michael! I do so wish he could see all the out pouring of love and respect that is being shown for and towards him!

Brian   June 29th, 2009 3:16 am ET

Elvis was in a different era

ron guitard!!!   June 29th, 2009 4:03 am ET

Ya!! right !!! Larry King I do beleive is going through his Third childhood. Get over it. THE MAN! newscaster, has no news!!!! what about all the Heroes called (your kids!!) risking their lives minute by minute, to defend democracy, meaning what???? the ability to turn on u , and glorify a Singer, and a mighty odd one at that! I think u should have a show on( what do those poor guy's think about Mikey!!!) P.S. If u don't think that there is not a single person in this word that doesn't know that he is gone, then it's all a Farce in order to hide the real thing. Geezz... haven't heard the word Obama,, ever since!!! What a news channel!!! CRAP!

krista   June 29th, 2009 6:18 am ET

I have been watching Larry King for many years, and I don't allways agree with what the shows are about, but it was allways done with respect for both the viewer and the guests. But this none stop news over and over again about Jacksons death is dis respect to viewers and Mr. Jackson. I know he was famous, and all the world wants to know all that happened, but not all day every day for days now. There are more important things going on, such as the big mistakes the president is making, wars and so on. I am sad for the lose of Mr. Jackson but life does go on. His death is his own doing, cut back on the shows.

Thomas/Greensburg, PA   June 29th, 2009 6:20 am ET

Can someone please explain who was the male voice on the phone making the 911 call from Michael Jackson's home when his Doctor found him not breathing in his bed? Why hasn't anyone talked about "this person"? Who is he?

Thank you to anyone who can shed some light on the answer to my question. I'm very surprised no one has talked about this yet on the news.

Rosemary Horea   June 29th, 2009 6:48 am ET

The King of Pop is whisked away from us like a kite into the sky, I would like to know what is the boy that brought Michael to court say now.

als   June 29th, 2009 8:50 am ET

Michael Jackson music transformed hard criminals in some countries. His music is in a class all by itself. RIP Michael Jackson

MAXINE D. - CANADA   June 29th, 2009 11:11 am ET

911 CALL

OPERATOR ASKED CALLER WHERE HE WAS.
CALLER REPLIED ON HIS BED.
OPERATOR TOLD CALLER TO PUT HIM ON THE FLOOR NOW
AND START CPR. CALLER SAID OKAY AND THEN TOLD OPERATOR DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE AND HAS TRIED PUMPING HIM WITHOUT
RESPONSE. IF THESE ARE THE FACTS – WHY WOULD A DOCTOR GIVE HIM CPR IN HIS BED. ANYONE THAT KNOWS CPR – KNOWS
TO DO IT ON A FLAT SURFACE LIKE THE FLOOR.

IF THIS CPR WAS DONE IN HIS BED – WHY HAS THE MEDIA
NOT DISCUSSED THE WRONG DOING OF THE CPR. STATEMENT.

WHAT'S UP DOC?

MAXINE D. CANADA

Robert J. Booth   June 29th, 2009 12:57 pm ET

I was thinking the same thing as Thomas/Greensburg, PA. who was that person that made the 911 call? The doctor was performing CPR (or lack there of) on the bed. Some times we can
miss the forest for the trees?

RIP,Mike

Patti Smith   June 29th, 2009 5:25 pm ET

We see pictures of Michael with the surgical mask and without. My question: Does anyone else think what I think in that it wasn't due to his 'weirdness' about germs, like I had always thought, , but when he had just had a cosmetic surgery procedure on his lower face?
It makes sense to me, he would have the mask on, but his kids didn't have surgical masks for germs, just little eye masks so hide their identity.

Another thought, Billy Mays died at 50..same age as Michael and it was heart disease, he obviously didn't know it nor was he being treated for high cholestrol. Who is to say heart disease didn't kill Michael. I thinnk we all need to wait and see the toxilogical results!

RIP Michael..I think one thing most will agree on is that he lived a rather tortured, unhappy and lonely life, even if he brought it on himself.

dede   June 29th, 2009 8:22 pm ET

why has nobody asked the doctor (Conrad murray) what he was doing in the house? was he called for a reason or what? How long had he been with michael? Why was he in the house with michael at that time?

dede   June 29th, 2009 8:29 pm ET

what was dr conrad murray doing with michael.. why was he there., what was he doing at michael's house, how long had he been at michael's house before the cardiac arrest. what was he doing with michael before the cardiac arrest..?

anthony macchio   June 29th, 2009 9:02 pm ET

larry please
am i the only one who thinks joe jacksons public appearance last night at the BET awards was inapproppriate
and working the red carpet downright appauling

Dargie   June 29th, 2009 9:48 pm ET

Michael we love you and will miss you and your great music and dancing. I was always so amazed at what he could no with his body and those dance steps were outstanding. He died much too young and he took all his talent with him. No one will ever replace Michael Jackson; he was truly one of a kind. Heartfelt condolences to Michael's family, especially his Mother and his children.

Judith Hutchings   June 29th, 2009 10:40 pm ET

I truly pray that Michaels children and family will be given the strength and courage to get through this horrible tragedy. And to know htat millions of people cared for Michael and his talent and are greiving for them at theloss of michael. Please be strong and lean on one another for this is the time for love. AND MICHAEL WILL BE PROUD,HE LOVES YOU ALL.

Dara Stone   June 30th, 2009 1:50 am ET

OMG WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE TRYING TO DO TO YOUR MEMORIE MICHAEL
"MCHAEL WE LOVE YOU AND HAVE MISSED YOU SO MUCH."AN WERE LOOKING SO FORWORD TO YOUR NEW SONG'S.I CAN'T QUIT CRYING.MY SISTER'S AND I GREW UP WITH YOU.AND FARRAH AND ED MCMAN.AND I HATE THE WAY YOU HAVE BE PORTRAED.WHY CAN'T THEY JUST ACCEPT YOU AS YOU WERE AN LEAVE YOU ALONE.NOW SMEARING YOU OVER DRUG'S.GOD HATE THE MEDIA. BUT KEEP WATCHING JUST TO HEAR YOUR NAME.AND SEE YOUR PICTURES.I TRULY LOVE YOU MICHAEL.I KNOW "YOU'LL BE THERE"

sane412   June 30th, 2009 10:06 am ET

you people need to get a life!!!!!!! you all say I grew up with him, sweet person, ect ect......great music, but look what he choose and look what his life became. Drugs, boys, spending money he didn't have, borrowing money and not paying him back.......his life was a wreck and his own doing.

Patti Smith   July 1st, 2009 3:55 pm ET

Michael has his share of problems and poor decisions, just like all Mega Stars. Money cannot buy happiness..they crave the spotlight. With that being said, Michael Jackson was a genius to the music industry. I'm white, never into hip hop, James Brown, or whoever Micahael is being compared to. I was a huge Elvis fan..went to many of his concerts. So, the only other person who has had the same effect on music and myself is Michael Jackson. To me there is no better songs in the world, than Beat It, Bad, Thriller, Black or White.
We always find out about the torment this stars have, after they die, and it's very sad. I never believe the little boy molestation with Micahael..pedophiles hide their relationships with kids..Micahael did not do that..he had Neverland for the kids. I do believe he used drugs just like Elvis did..neither could sleep..very sad.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter