CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson Autopsy results now weeks away

Posted: 11:53 AM ET

The results of toxicology tests on the body of Michael Jackson may not be available for six to eight weeks, the Los Angeles coroner's office said Friday.

Ed Winter, assistant chief coroner, said the autopsy exam will be conducted Friday, but few results are expected Friday because of the extensive tests being performed.

"The likelihood is very slim that we will have any results to release today because of the extensive [tests] that we're going to be performing," he said.

The office will likely not determine a cause of death "until we get results of all the tests," he said.

Filed under: Breaking News • Larry King Live • Michael Jackson

Laura   June 26th, 2009 12:04 pm ET

What makes Michael Jackson's death any more tragic than Farrah Fawcett's? MJ was a tragic, pathetic soul. Farrah fought her illness with dignity & grace & was a huge example for anyone fighting cancer. To almost completely disregard her death was a slap in the face to her, her family & her fans.

Cindy Houlihan   June 26th, 2009 1:24 pm ET

As a tribute to Michael Jackson, I would think having his brothers and sisters perform in London along with other superstars making guest appearances such as Madonna, or Diana Ross. This event(s) would be extremely memorable and moving, and could probably help provide for his children's financial stability. I would also include Quincy Jones, Elizabeth Taylor and others he was so closely identified with to make this event possible.

Terry   June 26th, 2009 4:22 pm ET

Michael Jackson had issues, but he was one that knew how to give of himself without damanding anything in return. He will be greatly missed!

Michael RIP.

Susan Dewitz   June 26th, 2009 6:53 pm ET

CNN and other major news networks really to send their reporters to some medical seminars so that they ask intelligent questions and NOT ask questions that have already been answered. The ME's rep addressed what todays findings were, & what is pending. (Not that it's really anyones business, save Mr. Jackson's family). I grew up listening to the Jackson 5, and MJ as a solo artist.Whatever issues Michael may have had, no one can deny his amazing talent.

As for Cherry Ann...almost all celebrity figures are targets for various accusations & lawsuits. Doesn't mean they are true. Unscrupulous people are always seeking a free, & fast buck.

How nice for her to be so perfect.

Evelyn   June 26th, 2009 7:46 pm ET

Isn't it time to get rid of oxycontin? That's one of the drugs was 70 year old brother was on when he stopped breathing and died while sleeping.He had lung cancer and why they would prescribe it to a lung cancer patient is beyond me... because I have since read that it relaxes the throat muscles and the patient won't be able to bring up muscus.So what happens...he drowns on the fluid in his lungs?. Another family member[aged 42], was on it when he dropped dead sitting on the chesterfield chair while watching TV a few years ago. It's too freely prescribed ,addictive and deadly.Doctors are too quick in prescribing it.

Vanessa   June 26th, 2009 9:46 pm ET

People should remember Michael for his love for his children. Not drugs, not trials.

Jana   June 26th, 2009 9:48 pm ET

Like him or not, NO ONE, since Elvis, has EVER been THIS much of a MEGA star.

I'm still stunned.

samuel areri   June 26th, 2009 9:50 pm ET

My hearth goes to Michael's family and more specifically his children. I am a Kenyan and I can remember I bought his disc:dancing day and night during my first year in high school in 1982.Right now Kenyans are hurting so much and are praying for his family during this trying moments.

EVELYN ANDERSON   June 26th, 2009 10:40 pm ET

MY HEART GOES OUT TO THE JACKSON FAMILY. ITS LIKE A DREAM TO ME. MICHAEL SANG A MUSIC FROM HIS BAD ALBUM LIBERIAN GIRL, AS A LIBERIAN I LOVE HIM A LOT HE'LL BE MISSED.TO HIS MOM, I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL I PRAY THAT GOD GIVE YOU STRENGTH AND COURAGE, WE ALL LOVE MICHAEL BUT GOD LOVE HIM BEST. AND WE CAN'T ASK GOD WHY? MY HEART FELT SYMPATHY TO ALL MJ. FAMILY,FRIENDS AND LOVE ONES. MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE.

kevin vaz   June 27th, 2009 12:56 am ET

hello world all the way from jamaica we all hear love him and miss him dearly we r praying for his kids and familey so 2 micky my his soul rest in peace thanks larry 1 love from kevin vaz in jamaica

lakezia Matthews   June 27th, 2009 3:43 pm ET

Hello U.S.A. !! I am writing from Japan and I am an American .. Question for the LAPD .. Are you all really trying too help the Jackson family out ? Did you'll ask that Dr why he take off the way that he did and why did he take so long turning him self in ? When you think about it he could have got rid of a lot of evidence when he took off . There's something really shady going on and the DT's need to get on their jobs . The Jackson family needs to get the Dr who had Anna Nicole Smith body and let him examine Michael's body . The LAPD did not like Michael Jackson anyway.One more thing Larry, did the LAPD ask this Dr where's the needle that he injected Mr Jackson with ? The family does not need to put that body away until they get another opinion . Tell the family that I love them and my heart goes out too them all .

Keith   June 27th, 2009 6:14 pm ET

I know Michael jackson's "death coverage" eclipsed that of farrah fawcett.
Will there be a memorial show about Farrah ?

Rebecca   June 27th, 2009 8:01 pm ET

ccT o whom ever can or will listen":

I am sorry for mj. i truly am. but it also brings up issues for those mom's, dad, sisters, sons, brothers, friends, who have lost a child presumably " by drugs". i lost my son. Cardiac arrest..... call .911emergency...not waking up... doing everthing i can...toxology will likely tell the tale. I feel for your family what your devastation as you are experiiencing this extrodinary loss and the devastation and i am here in your worst of worstest and i am here to help you to become what what you will be..

With Respect,

Rebecca Turner

Trish Comer   June 27th, 2009 8:47 pm ET

I was very disturbed when I heard the 911 call released yesterday. MJ was on the bed with no pulse and no heartbeat with personal MD present. Yet no CPR was administered until 911 operator told them to administer. Any healthcare professional knows how to respond to this situation. MJ should have been moved to the floor immediately and CPR should have begun. I think The Jackson Family should question that. Some MD.....Is there more to this story???

Mara   June 27th, 2009 9:57 pm ET

I very said. I never met Michael Jackson, but feel connected to him by his dance and music. I love to dance and for me he was the greatest.
I will always remember him as the king of pop...

Norman   June 28th, 2009 1:45 am ET

I remember reading a story once about how Michael Jackson would come home from church and go to his room, doing nothing but dance for hours tell he would fall asleep some times on the floor of his room, ( stage set), my thoughts are that when eveything is back in about his death, it'll be found that he passed from the night of hard work, music and dance that was to be used in the new upcoming show, that let him pass away and maybe the meds did help with it too. But face it, the man worked hard to put on a hell of a show for his family, friends and fans. He had been wheeled around and used evey way he could to keep his face covered when out side of his home, so I am sure his body and heart was slower and weeker, but knowing Jackson and his shows, he worked just as hard as he would if he were only in his teens to 20's.
I am so sorry for the children and family of Michael

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
BarnesĀ & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter