CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

June 25, 2009

Breaking News: Farrah Fawcett dead at 62

Posted: 01:09 PM ET

Farrah Fawcett, the blonde-maned actress whose best-selling poster and "Charlie's Angels" stardom made her one of the most famous faces in the world, has died. She was 62.

Fawcett, who checked into a Los Angeles, California, hospital in early April, had been battling anal cancer on and off for three years.

Ryan O'Neal, Fawcett's romantic partner since the mid-1980s, recently told People magazine that the sex symbol was declining.

"She stays in bed now. The doctors see that she is comfortable. Farrah is on IVs, but some of that is for nourishment. The treatment has pretty much ended," he said in a story posted May 7.

Fawcett's cancer journey has been documented in a television special partly shot by the actress. Fawcett began shooting "Farrah's Story," by taking a camera to a doctor's appointment. Eventually, the film expanded to include trips overseas in hopes of treating the cancer.

WE'LL BE COVERING THIS TONIGHT ON LKL – LEAVE A COMMENT FOR US HERE!!

Filed under: Entertainment • Hollywood • Larry King Live

cathy burton   June 25th, 2009 1:24 pm ET

The last time you talked about Farrah you only mentioned charlie's angels.She won an emmy for God;s sake! She made unforgettable movies with much praise. She was a sculptor, artist and amazing businesswoman. Give her credit that is due. She wasn't fluff. She was talented

Colleen   June 25th, 2009 1:31 pm ET

What tremendous strength and courage this woman has shown. My heart is saddened today for what her family and friends are facing now. My deepest sympathies go out to Ryan O'Neil and Redmond. There is no greater pain than loosing your mother. I truly pray that Farrah has found peace. May God bless you all and keep you in this time of grief.

Randall   June 25th, 2009 1:40 pm ET

Is this disease sexually related?

andrew hagler   June 25th, 2009 1:54 pm ET

She WAS the 70's.... Beautiful – No doubt. She Is Truly An ICON... AMERICA'S ANGEL

Sue_B2   June 25th, 2009 1:59 pm ET

I cannot believe this beautiful icon has passed we have lost so many cherries celebrities this past year, it is so sad that Farrah had to die this way. I recently loss my mother to cancer of the uterus at 72 years of age and my brother is fighting rectal cancer; so, I know how hard Farrah's death is on her family members. My prayers go out to her family. Godspeed!

Larry Goldman   June 25th, 2009 2:27 pm ET

I had the pleasure of being Farrah's very first publicist back in 1975 when she signed to star in Charlie's Angels.

She was incredible to work with for someone who quickly became a superstar and had to deal with enormous stress and attention. At the time she was married to Lee Majors who was also a big star as the Six Million Dollar Man. Farrah put in long hours on the set, did scores of press interviews during the little free time she had and never complained.

Gail   June 25th, 2009 2:29 pm ET

I believe her best performance was in Small Sacrifices.

Mary73   June 25th, 2009 2:41 pm ET

I'm so saddened to hear of this news. She went way to early. I loss my mother to cancer when I was 3, so I know how hard this is. She was so beautiful, an icon. She will be missed. I'm really sad she's gone!! My prayers and deep condelences go to her family.

Mitzi   June 25th, 2009 2:41 pm ET

The beautiful poster of Farrah in a bathing suit was on the wall of my sons room for years. I think the bathing suit was red. It was up-lifting to see this beautiful lady with the gorgeous smile.

Margie   June 25th, 2009 2:53 pm ET

Such sad news because she was still so young. I always thought she was so pretty and so stylish. In all the interviews I saw her in, she loved her son Redmond so much. I hope Ryan, Redmond and all her family and friends find peace in knowing she is not in pain anymore, happy and surrrounded by her loved ones and Our Lord in Heaven.

Judi S   June 25th, 2009 3:18 pm ET

I believe her most important film was her documentary on her battle with cancer. It was brilliant. It was human and beautiful and very, very real. It was all about her powerful energy meeting a mighty foe; about the strength of her energy, and although the battle is lost, she won.

Nancy Walton   June 25th, 2009 3:27 pm ET

I always wished Farrah the BEST. I am so sorry she lost her battle. She was so brave. – One very beautiful LADY – she is one Star that will have friends & fans alike always miss her. We remember her in Charlie's Angels – I followed her from then till now. I give my condolences to her family & Ryan O'Neal of course. She is now an Angel once more ! ! !

Jean-Christophe DUPRE   June 25th, 2009 3:47 pm ET

Sad day for fans of a beautiful Angel...
God bless a very courageous woman, an amazing smile and I will always remember the great time I had in front of the TV watching " DROLES DE DAMES " (Charlie's Angels).
She is now among other angels.
From a sad French fan from Lyon in France.

Lucy Nemaric   June 25th, 2009 4:37 pm ET

I was heart broken to find out that Farrah has lost her battle with cancer. Farrah was a fighter, and had many beautiful qualities about her. There will never be another Farrah. My deepest sympathies go out to her family, first to her dad, her son Redmond, to her close and dearest friends Kate and Jaclyn, and to her long time love Ryan.

Farrah will always be an angel and God took her under his wings. Farrah had a beautiful soul and the people who knew her met her or talk to her were the luckiest people in the world. Farrah will always be in my heart.

Gwendolene   June 25th, 2009 4:45 pm ET

May the angels and the Lord wrap their arms around this very strong, intelligent and admired woman. She was not just a "Charlies Angel", she was indeed a "true angel as bold as life itself", I am sending my prayers to her very special man who stayed by her side, and hope her family can remember the good times, and celebrate her life, sad as this is, we all must make our journey to the Heavens one day, and none of us reallly like to think about that day, when it's our "turn".
Blessing's to all, no matter how sad her passing is, I always smile when I think of Farrah, her laugh was contagious, and her face lit up when she was smiling, mind you, I'm nobody special, just a fan who loved to watch her act, and admired her fight for life, and her strength in fighting this cancer in public. God Bless this Angel, and may she walk with the angels and no longer feel the suffering.

Gwendolene in MN

SYLVIA GREIN   June 25th, 2009 8:27 pm ET

DEAR MR KING, AN ANGEL RESTS IN PEACE!

BETH   June 25th, 2009 9:12 pm ET

I`M AM VERY SADDENED AND AM AT A LOSS FOR WORDS HOW TO EXPRESS MY FEELINGS. HAVING GROWN UP WITH BOTH FARRAH ON T.V ( MY YOUNGER SISTER IDOLIZED HER) AND THE JACKSON`S MUSIC, I FEEL APART OF MY LIFE IS OVER( YOUTH MAYBE?) I KNOW I SHARE A COMMON SENSE OF LOSS AND PAIN WITH MANY. MY CONDOLENCES TO BOTH FAMILIES. OUR THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU. BETH, TROUTDALE, OREGON/

betty   June 25th, 2009 9:14 pm ET

It is such a shame that all, with all the hype about Michael Jackson, the death of Farrah Faucet has gotten lost. She has done so much in her death to bring attention to horrors of cancer and you are spending all your time talking about Michael Jackson.

Glenn   June 25th, 2009 9:22 pm ET

It is a tragic day in the world of stardom. While it is quite shocking and sad that Michael Jackson has passed away, I don't believe that it was in good taste to put Farrah's passing on the back burner. Farrah was a magnificent shining star in her own right and deserves just as much rememberance and reminisence.

Nicole from Louisiana   June 25th, 2009 9:23 pm ET

I lost my mom in 1998. No matter what people say..like I know your pain, I know how you feel.. Noone knows! each person has different feelings about death that the next might not. I loved and still love my mom with all my heart and will always.. I will not even try to tell her family I know how you feel, but I sympathize with you. Her lost is in the hearts of so many people.....and never will be forgotten! To her son, her love will heal all wonds as time passes. You will remember all things that has made you who you are and some will make you cry and some will make you laugh. The laughter will make you strong, because her death is not in vein. For her love for so long: You will also remember her in laughter and in sadness but the love like you two shared is a partnership that will never be broken. You will come to learn to be without her but even if you do not see her she will always be there in mind and in spirit. She is not just Charlie's Angel anymore she is GODS angel now. REST IN PEACE OUR BEAUTIFUL LADY.

Purple Spider   June 25th, 2009 9:48 pm ET

A brave lady and a lovely woman and let's hope that she will be at
peace from her long suffering with this terrible disease. A shock for
Hollywood with the loss of Farrah Faucet and Michael Jackson in one
day.

John, San Antonio, TX   June 25th, 2009 10:57 pm ET

The appropriate thing to have done is to have gone on with your tribute to Farrah this evening, mention the news that Michael has also passed on and that your program tomorrow evening would be devoted entirely to Michael. Wish you would get over your need to be at the center of every breaking news story often to the detriment of the story you had scheduled to cover.

Renita Halladay   June 25th, 2009 11:00 pm ET

I was so sad and shocked today with both announcements of Farrah Fawcett, god bless her and Michael Jackson R.I.P. However, I am very saddened that Michael's death is so much more of a story. I grew up with the program Charlie's Angels and will always have very fond memories as a young impressionable girl of how I looked up to the girls including Farrah. I hope that she will receive lots of admiration for her courage during her brave cancer fight. I wish the family of Farrah Fawcett that they find peace and comfort in this difficult time.

monique   June 25th, 2009 11:45 pm ET

I remember watching Charlies'Angels and the Burning Bed. I have always liked her very much. In the recent years even before her cancer we didn't see enough of her. Ryan O'Neil relives his movie Love Story. I am not a beleiver but I find it a strange coincidence. Since the death of princess Diana she is the first one passing away who moves me so much. And why did Michael Jackson had to die the same day??
Why young people die while nursing homes are filled with so many older people?
Monique from Canada

Billie   June 25th, 2009 11:51 pm ET

Farrah, you were my favorite ANGEL ! RIP

Heidi Coleman   June 26th, 2009 12:46 am ET

Farrah,

The Angels above are there for you...
You beautiful blonde hair, and your eyes so blue...
Hold your hand out and float so high...
Spread your wings
make a wish....and fly

God Bless you Farrah
Prayers to your family and friends

marilyn in tx   June 26th, 2009 1:12 am ET

I cannot help but think of the week Princess Diana and Mother Teresa died. Although Mother Teresa was at the back of the head lines, she is still remembered and revered. Farrah and her family will hopefully get some peace during this difficult time while much of the world's attention is on another.

Kelli N.   June 26th, 2009 3:13 am ET

"Charlie's Angels" was the first tv show I fell head over heels for. The show was set an example for the girls of my generation, and Farrah was a huge part of that. I will never forget her talent, smile, beauty, strength, or that thick gorgeous head of hair;-)

Fred Buhl   June 26th, 2009 6:02 am ET

Farrah Fawcett-Majors was a trooper and an outstanding actor. I immensely enjoyed her performance in Charley’s Angels and regret losing this classy lady to cancer. Words are insufficient to express the sadness I feel this day or the lost we have experienced. Farrah will be truly missed.

idzan ismail of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia   June 26th, 2009 6:25 am ET

Rest In peace Farrah.
I will always remember your big hair, your beautiful smile wirh rhe big white teeth.
I still remember how me and my pals copied your hairdo.
I have never missed a a single episode of Charlie's Angels.
Ever the romantic, I thought you will marry Ryan O'Neal at your hospital bed.
Regret never hearing the word "I do' from you before you breathe your last.
It was never meant to be.
But God knows your love for Ryan..
May you reunite in heavem.

Karen Buchannon   June 26th, 2009 12:17 pm ET

a true angel has now recieved her wings, I admired her for so many reasons, So long Farrah , -So brave.., So beautiful..,So sad...

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter