CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

May 13, 2009

Casey Anthony: George, Cindy are public-relations flops

Posted: 12:51 AM ET

By Hal Boedeker/Orlando Sentinel

art.poolanthonys…The Anthonys made the huge blunder of agreeing to an exclusive interview with Oprah Winfrey, then talking to other outlets, such as CBS’ “Early Show.” The result: The queen of daytime television dumped the couple. And in this media world, it’s never wise to anger Winfrey...

But the media performance of George and Cindy, Caylee’s grandparents and Casey’s parents, sustains the public’s interest, too. George and Cindy have done just about everything wrong in public-relations terms, says Ron Sachs.  His Ron Sachs Communications in Tallahassee deals in crisis management.  "It's as bad as it could get," Sachs says of the way the grandparents have conducted themselves.  "It's a runway train off the tracks, and that usually has one outcome: disaster."

The problem?

"There's a stunning lack of discipline in how the story is told," Sachs says. "When crimes are alleged, long before you get to a court of law, you're being tried in the court of public opinion. If you don't speak, it's almost an admission of guilt. If you speak and perform poorly, it's worse than an admission of guilt."

(Read More)

Filed under: Caylee Anthony • Crime • Larry King Live

Franca   May 13th, 2009 1:00 am ET

Elizabeth, you are unfortunately feeling and thinking in the same way that I have heard so many other women with same diagnois; women in my family etc..
What people need to realize, is that you have been traumatized by above, and unfortunately, there is so much fear going on in terms of leaving John at this time for many reasos. You know what you need to do; John is familiar, and a "friend" and yes, he has hurt you

Cathy   May 13th, 2009 1:06 am ET

The Anthonys are flops all right. I won't be watching LKL. I would rather hear through the grapevine that the Anthony's shocked the world and told the truth than to hear it for myself.

Why am I saying that? Because I know it isn't going to happen.

momvaughn4   May 13th, 2009 1:15 am ET

HEY LARRY KING PEOPLE????

You posted this article here. DID YOU READ IT??

WHY HAVEN'T YOU CANCELLED THEM YET???

I have been a faithful viewer for over 20 years. I am sick about you allowing the Anthony's to promote their BS.

I'M DONE WITH THIS SHOW AND WILL TELL EVERYONE I KNOW WHO WILL TELL EVERYONE THEY KNOW, ETC. TO BOYCOTT YOUR SHOW!!!!!

SHAME ON YOU!!!

DonFL   May 13th, 2009 1:17 am ET

this is an exp. of the "cayleeday.." blog which ASK for DONATIONS!!!
===============================================
BettyBoopsThoughts says:
May 13, 2009 at 1:09 am
Hey, if Larry and the Anthonys are pre-recorded for tomorrow night, then it will just be Larry King – not Larry King Live! We better petition to get the name of tomorrow night’s show changed! You think?
===============================================
Cali – Girl says:
May 13, 2009 at 1:03 am
FYI,
Used to know someone who worked in the make up room of LKL. They record the show live from 5-6pm PST & air it all over the country right after. She told me there is no time for edits ; she had to fix faces during commerical breaks. Also they don’t change the planned format of show unless there is breaking news that happens during they are taping. This person moved onto another show right after she told me this.
==========================================
and YW

Note: Hi Don,
Larry King Live will indeed be live with the Anthonys tomorrow at 9pm. Not sure where the bad information claiming it will be taped came from, but that is simply not true. We plan on sharing these comments, as well as comments from others with the Anthonys
Warmest Regards,
LKL Blog Staff

Kathrine Baxter   May 13th, 2009 1:20 am ET

I plan on NEVER watching LKL again. I have lost respect for whoever booked Cindy & George thinking it was a good idea. I only watch about once a week anyway, it is no big loss.

Charlie Jacobson   May 13th, 2009 1:20 am ET

Enough already people leave George and Cindy alone and let them grieve for their beautiful Granddaughter. My heart goes out to the anthony's I hope someday they can find pease and happiness.

DonFL   May 13th, 2009 1:21 am ET

LKL is a GREAT show! "GREAT JOB" to ALL the staff xoxoxo

Kathrine Baxter   May 13th, 2009 1:23 am ET

American Idol rocked tonight.
Cindy and George weren't on.
Tune in Wed night to see who gets voted off.
Too bad we couldn't have voted Cindy and George off LKL.
Maybe we can petition more sponsors ( see the page for who ) and get Larry voted off CNN !

DonFL   May 13th, 2009 1:28 am ET

i feel very sorry for you AND your staff L.K..some of your viewers are simply STUPID! lol

DonFL   May 13th, 2009 1:31 am ET

see what ppl. would do to make extra money of the death child
=============================================
momvaughn4 says:
May 13, 2009 at 1:25 am
Have you guys looked at the Larry King site? You might want to check it out. There is a statement from the Anthony’s and they posted an Orlando Sentinel article that Express posted for us earlier.

WE MUST BAND TOGETHER AND NOT WATCH LKL.

avalonpointe   May 13th, 2009 1:59 am ET

This will be a "HUGE MISTAKE, HUGE!!"

apm   May 13th, 2009 5:04 am ET

DonFL
You better believe I will not be watching nor any of my family ever again not just now..have not watched him since I found out they would be on to continue their lies.

modupe idowu   May 13th, 2009 6:10 am ET

hey pple this is larry king we are talking about here for petes sake not jerry springer!!! and i bet you all will be watching even if you claim to be so upset now. this is news and its his job to inform no matter how disturbing it is. you cant take away the fact that larry does a good job its not like he is endorsing them @#!!

Sandra   May 13th, 2009 6:47 am ET

Cindy and George –

Speaking of public relations, when anyone’s loved one has gone missing, a search has ensued and a recovery has taken place, the family is normally grateful for the efforts of all involved. Not in your case. Have you even realized yet that you never said, “Thank You” to everyone who tried to find Caylee? This includes hundreds of volunteers, law enforcement and the media. The first thing Sharon Rocha did following her daughter’s recovery was make the following statement (clipped):

“Words alone are not enough to express our sincere gratitude and appreciation to every person and entity that helped in our search for Laci and Conner. We are very fortunate to live in a community that has come together and supported us from the very beginning of our nightmare and continues to do so. We thank the media for your help and support. Through you, we have been given the opportunity to share our Laci and Conner with people all around the world.”

Thousands of everyday people helped you and the first thing you did when Caylee was found was have dinner at the Ritz. When Sandra Cantu’s body was found, the first thing her mother did was thank everyone for their help and support. Not you. What is wrong with you? And you don’t understand why people don’t like you? This “everyone grieves differently” garbage doesn’t fly anymore. It’s called being uncouth.

DonFL   May 13th, 2009 7:17 am ET

I knew it was just a matter of time before some low life chicken shiot troll would hijack my name here. You POS. You are worse than the Ants. I also know who you are on CD pig. Any post under this name on here from now on will be the scumbag name jacker. My last post is this one.

rusdus   May 13th, 2009 8:05 am ET

DonFL – I cannot believe you were name jacked already! Just like on GW. Bless you for trying to be an honest person.

Laurie   May 13th, 2009 8:35 am ET

Larry King – I hope this time George and Cindy come with a description and/or sketch of Zenaida the "Real" murderer of their granddaughter – they must be searching endlessly for her to bring her to justice – (Hey George and Cindy, finding the real Zenaida might even help your daughter in her case – ever think about that? – bring in the real murderer and charges will be dropped) Why is this never mentioned? Did you forget? Nothing could be more important to me if it were my Granddaughter – I would want the person that took her away from me stand trial – and my poor innocent daughter set free at last. Something is wrong here – Something stinks –

Barbara   May 13th, 2009 9:34 am ET

PLEASE, don't allow the Anthonys to promote their scam collections for Caylee.

Gypsy DD   May 13th, 2009 9:47 am ET

Maybe Cindy and George should take their circus sideshow on the Jerry Springer Show..that way George could weld the hose, Cindy could use her hammer and Lee could wrestle with a sign....that's about all this family is good for anylonger..laughs....their too pathetic for my sympathy, my money or my time.

shyloh   May 13th, 2009 10:03 am ET

You suckered us in on asking questions knowing full well those questions will never be answered. It is a ploy to get us to see if you asked OUR questions. UGH. A WASTE a HUGE WASTE!

No Rose   May 13th, 2009 10:13 am ET

Like we didn't know that Cindy and George are public relations flops? We actually have to have an article stating that. Maybe the reason Larry is having these two on is he thinks he will be able to change the publics opinion of them. Well Larry if that is the case you are delusional just like the Anthonys.

pat russell   May 13th, 2009 10:17 am ET

, The Edwards and the Anthonys are opportunists not not victims

Fanny Mae   May 13th, 2009 10:22 am ET

How did the smell of decomp in the car trunk go to rotten pizza in your mind??????? What was the swaying factor. Keep in mind there was NO pizza in the car. Just the box. What do you think the maggots you kept yelling about were feeding on??? Aluminum cans or wrappers and boxes for food products? Yikes, I better check my kitchen cabinet for maggots!!!! However, I have never heard of maggots feeding off an empty cigarette pack or receipts either.

Fanny Mae   May 13th, 2009 10:24 am ET

Did you use chloroform to clean the car? Why did you clean the car before LE took it? Did you think LE was going to take it or the clothes?
I'm sure you never gave it a thought. You were just being you normal, controlling obcessive self when you deliberately destroy evidence.

Fanny Mae   May 13th, 2009 10:26 am ET

Has anyone ever told you that your hairdo is rediculous???

Fanny Mae   May 13th, 2009 10:26 am ET

What is really in that water bottle you carry around with you all the time?

Fanny Mae   May 13th, 2009 10:27 am ET

What's up with all those shamrocks you have taken to wearing?

Fanny Mae   May 13th, 2009 10:31 am ET

Where is the palatial estate that you are planning on buying when you rake in all this money? What is your business plan? Are you planning on paid home tours for the public on Hoplesspring Dr?? For a nominal fee will they be allowed to take a dip in your pool?

Fanny Mae   May 13th, 2009 10:34 am ET

How are you two little dogs? Have they quit looking, whining and crying for Caylee? Have you seen your cat lately? You might try under the bed. I am sure there are many frightening moments going on inside your house. Please try to keep it down for the pets. They are traumatized enough as it is.

Fanny Mae   May 13th, 2009 10:35 am ET

When did you first realize that Caylee was dead? Was it the night of the 15th after the 911 call?

FedUp   May 13th, 2009 10:42 am ET

Larry (Who?). He won't be on my TV tonight, tha's for sure!

Kate   May 13th, 2009 10:52 am ET

The "foundation" that the Anthonys have started have done an injustice to ME and my feelings about donations I find myself thinking long and hard about donating to ANY cause after seeing how they have benefited financially from the death of a baby, made much more diabolic being that it's their own grandchild. I would however NOT, have any trouble donating to a cause they would investigate THEM.

No Rose   May 13th, 2009 10:52 am ET

I want to see the Anthonys, but not on your show Larry. I want to see George and Cindy in handcuffs taken to jail, and their other spawn, Lee taken away in a straight jacket. If you can provide the public with that Larry, then I'll watch your show.

Glo   May 13th, 2009 10:53 am ET

Please don't give these people anymore air time. Not interested in their lies.

Ken   May 13th, 2009 11:26 am ET

Larry: Why in the world would you even consider allowing $indy and The Loser to be on your show in another vain attempt to spew their BS and garnish more money for their Scamthony Fraudation Tour?
This makes me want to puke. Where are you going to wine and dine and house these sick sick animals? Don't forget to have a case of Double Bubble and a bottle of vodka for $indy's water bottle on hand.
I'll watch till I see their faces then never ever watch your sick show again.....

eileen   May 13th, 2009 12:18 pm ET

They will either not answer your questions, or they will lie, as usual. Why bother? Why waste your time? I certainly won't

Coreysmom   May 13th, 2009 12:32 pm ET

Just a matter of time before the Anthonys turn and bite Larry for being the good joe that he is for them. If they can do it to LE, Tim Miller and TES, Leanard Padilla, Oprah, and a little girl named Dakota, they will do it to Larry King.
Just a matter of time...

No Rose   May 13th, 2009 12:39 pm ET

Coreysmom, you are totally right, and they will turn on Larry. Since Larry has decided to go forward with the show tonight, I really wish he would surprise the Anthonys by not being host tonight. Put good ole Joy Behar in there Larry, and let her rip Cindy apart.

Deb I   May 13th, 2009 12:44 pm ET

There are actually a few suckers here who seem to believe that Larry will ask real questions. Wait till tomorrow morning, when they have to admit that Larry King has lost it. Dare you again, Larry. Ask the real questions and see how fast Cindy cusses you out and Georgette whimpers and threatens to walk out the door. This is crunch time for you: if you are a journalist, ask the hard questions... If not, try to buy a backbone somewhere. Your lack of one will be noted.

Ian M.   May 13th, 2009 12:52 pm ET

PR failures? Please, don't make me laugh....
That memorial ceremony should be shown on one of the 'Blooper Shows' as to how not to conduct yourself.
All that phony emotion, Cindy stroking and rubbing everyone in sight with that Pseudo-saintly grin on her face. CHEWING gum at a funeral.
What posers they are.
PR? You cannot make a silk purse out of a pig's ear...

No Rose   May 13th, 2009 12:54 pm ET

I'll give the Anthonys one thing, they sure have the b_lls to go on Larry after the reaction from the public. Either that or they are more insane than I thought.

mamasue   May 13th, 2009 12:59 pm ET

I pray that NO ONE supports the show and that it is the lowest rated show ever. I have been a VERY faithful viewer for so long, and am bitterly disappointed that Larry actually thought that these sick, sick, sick people would actually answer any questions truthfully, since historically, they NEVER have. WHAT is to be gained by having them on your show? To further alienate your viewers? Have you read these blogs? Do you understand HOW MUCH America hates them? Do you understand HOW ANGRY America is because there is NO ONE standing for justice for precious murdered Caylee? Shame on you, Larry.

Sassy   May 13th, 2009 1:00 pm ET

George and Cindy – Who is paying your bills?

Sassy   May 13th, 2009 1:02 pm ET

Everytime I see these two on television, I always look to see if Jerry Springer is nearby.

Sassy   May 13th, 2009 1:07 pm ET

I won't be watching you tonight, Larry. I have better things to do with my time. The last time you had them on, all they did was lie. No way will I waste my time tonight. I'm sure I'll be able to read about their appearance in other news outlets, anyway.

These two are not only unlikeable, they are unbelievable.

No Rose   May 13th, 2009 1:09 pm ET

The Anthonys wouldn't even be acceptable on the Jerry Springer Show. Their mortgage has been paid off by blood money, and I hear they have a new SUV certainly paid off by blood money. And all the tacky Joan Rivers jewelry has been paid off by blood money.

mary   May 13th, 2009 1:13 pm ET

Well it seems that C & G are going to be on to-nite and Caylee
will get no respect but Casey will. SO I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD
WATCH AMERICAN IDOL. At least the vote on there will be honest.

Brandi   May 13th, 2009 1:23 pm ET

George and Cindy stated:
“Some want us to do things differently, to those who disagree with what we do, all I can say to them is that this is our way to cope. This is our way to grieve, and our way to honor our Caylee Marie.”

I suggest they honor Caylee by telling the truth.
Cindy and George’s stories change.
The truth does not change.

Caylee deserves the truth. Caylee deserves a voice. One that does not lie.

Cecybeans   May 13th, 2009 1:23 pm ET

Having the Anthonys on LKL is an event on the same level as the publishing the OJ book. We know Cindy and George exploit the media for profit, that behavior from them is a given.

What is getting hard to understand is why the media is letting them. It smacks of ratings desperation. It looks like a jumping the shark episode.

These people are a tawdry little cliche, an eyesore, an affront to the senses. They, and the lying, scheming daughter they campaign for, are IRRELEVANT. The entire family has done nothing but dishonor the memory of Caylee with their maudlin histrionics and phony crepe-hanging. Enough please of their Emperors New Clothes act!

Joesamas Mama   May 13th, 2009 1:24 pm ET

Cindy and George, how come you haven't gone to see your daughter in jail? Is it because you don't want to look at the killer of your baby grandaughter in the eyes? Cindy remember in the first jail visits, you told Casey look up so I can see your eyes.

No Rose   May 13th, 2009 1:31 pm ET

Good question Joesamas Mama, how come you haven't gone and visited your daughter? Cindy not only doesn't want to look in her killer daughter's eyes, Cindy doesn't want to look to long in the eyes of a killer she helped enable. Cindy and George for most of us the guilt would be overwhelming, but you took the guilt and are making money off of it.

Melinda   May 13th, 2009 1:57 pm ET

The Anthonys are flops as human beings so not surprising they are flops at public relations.

No Rose   May 13th, 2009 1:59 pm ET

Melinda you summed it up nicely, thanks.

No Rose   May 13th, 2009 2:21 pm ET

Whatever you do tonight George, don't ask us to write letters to that Slore you call your daughter.

Kate   May 13th, 2009 2:51 pm ET

So disappointed in you and your show. You have turned your back on many many of your faithful viewers– there are more than you can imagine, for these notes are just from the ones who have the guts to email you. You have also turned your back on an innocent two year murdered baby, by allowing these individuals to spew their lies on your show. How many times does that baby have to die? The public is not so naive to know that you or your staff must have some knowledge of all the outright lies they have told LE–it's not just word of mouth or gossip–it's there in the transcripts and videos of them speaking under oath. You could have been a hero to so many of us who are the only ones to stand up for this angel who seems to have no one except strangers to speak for her. You could have done that, but you use your power to assist liars.

Alma Perkins   May 13th, 2009 3:56 pm ET

long before Caylee was missing Cindy told her friends
Casey wasn't being a good mother.
Why didn't Cindy save her grand child by taking Cayee
from Casey?

Alma Perkins   May 13th, 2009 4:03 pm ET

Will George and Cindy stay together after this is over?
I DON'T THINK THEIR MARRIAGE WILL SURVIVE?

gail millar   May 13th, 2009 4:49 pm ET

i was wondering why cindy and george did not visit their daughter for over a month after her leaving their home..... finally cindy does visit to find caylee missing...if she had been in contact with her daughter during that month wouldn't she have known sooner that caylee was missing....
so after 31 days of no contact....she finds that her grandaughter is missing..then becomes frantic with the 911 call......so
WHERE WERE THEY DURING THE MONTH CAYLEE WAS MISSING??

Carole   May 13th, 2009 4:55 pm ET

Larry, speaking as one Brooklyn kid to another, I think that this show is a HUGE MISTAKE on your part and I do mean HUGE!

Cindy and George Anthony are liars, pure and simple. They have zero credibility. George used to have some, but that's gone out the window real fast.

Do they really care that Caylee has been murdered? No way! I used to think at least George did, but not anymore. Do you honestly think that they are grieving grandparents? No way are they grieving!

You are enabling them to perpetuate their lies and that's wrong in so many ways Larry.

Instead of showcasing these two losers, why not showcase Caylee and children like her who have been murdered by their mothers and fathers or have been murdered period?

Why not have Mark Klass and others like him on your show to highlight this problem and do something about it in a positive and constructive way?

Why waste your time on low lifes like the Anthonys?

If I find out who is sponsoring this show tonight, I will not buy any of their products.

Joan Simon   May 13th, 2009 5:00 pm ET

Larry, we can write down all the questions we would like to ask those two. They have well proven that the answers they give, either beat around the bush or are complete lies and in direct opposition to what they have said to the FBI and Law Enforcement in their sworm testimonies. So, really now, please answer us, as to why we should bother with you show tonight, listening to more lies?

Joyce   May 13th, 2009 5:08 pm ET

Larry how low can you get. This has not done a thing for your ratings. Shame on you for having those so called people on again.

nd   May 13th, 2009 5:10 pm ET

Larry Larry Larry, why would you want these fools on your show? They are disgusting and very disturbed. Are you hard up for guest's? You should know if the Oprah show did not want them they must have good reasons such as they are listening to their viewers. Why dont you invite the disgusting people that made the Travolta's life a living hell after they lost their son. You would'ent because you know how the public view these individuals right. Bottom feeders is what they are and you should know it. Very bad move Larry. I wont be watching

Big Boy Pete   May 13th, 2009 6:22 pm ET

Here's a question I'd like to ask George and Cindy:
During a jail house visit with Casey you asked her what you should tell Zanny during one of your appearances on television. Cindy, she told you to tell Zanny she was forgiven and to bring Caylee home.
You never delivered that message or beg publically for the return of your granddaughter. Why?

No Rose   May 13th, 2009 6:26 pm ET

Big Boy Pete, because Cindy knew all along that Casey killed her daughter. Casey in her backwards way was asking for forgiveness for killing Caylee.

Gypsy DD   May 13th, 2009 6:31 pm ET

Larry..what the heck are your production people thinking?

This is not your venue..having the parents of a sociopath criminal on to discuss..well what exactly? How she isn't a sociopath, after glossing over that lets discuss their latest Charity and the new bass boat.

Larry this is my last show..honey..yo need to hire better help..these people are not news..they are the comics. No one believes them..why?...because they lie and change their stories.

Do me a favor Larry..as a long time viewer..compare this tape and their response to similar questions and responses they had in Dec..should make for interesting discussion.

Joanie M Story   May 13th, 2009 6:36 pm ET

I feel real compassion for Geroge and Cindy Anthony. People, realize they have been hurting from day one. Don't you think Cindy was hurting when she called the police on Casey. That mother and father have suffered the most devasting thing that could happen. Agreed, they have a liar for a daughter (that's the first hurt) but she's their daughter anyway. Then to lose their precious grandbaby at maybe the hands of their daughter, how worse can it get! They may believe Casey did it or they may actually believe she didn't, either way they know she isn't being straight up. But that's the only flesh and blood they have left except their son. Whether she's a killer, liar, whatever, they still love her, they gave birth to her. Give these parents a break, they are hurting, they have been trashed by everyone. Their parenting skills have been questioned, every now and then a good parent can't help but raise a liar, or a thief and yes, sometimes a murderer. Parental Love is unconditional, not pardoned, but forgiven if you are a Christain. I particularly hated the scene when the trashy people stood out in front of their lawn and shouted hateful things to them. The police should have blocked the area off. I believe if George and Cindy had not been treated so badly from the start they wouldn't have had to retreat to some of their actions. Remember, until you have walked in their shoes, and God forbid we never have to, how would you feel and react. They are hurting to the core and had to endure a lot of spiteful media blitzes. I feel they could use compassion and a little brotherly love from everyone. I am not taking the side for their daughter, I'm asking that youmedial people who have made a living for the last year, especially Nancy Grace, to give these people some break. They are humans too, they loved their grandbaby, they loved their daughter and all aspects of their loves have been trashed.

Eileen M   May 13th, 2009 6:51 pm ET

George, just let us all know when you grow some balls and we'll tune in to watch.

Eileen M   May 13th, 2009 6:55 pm ET

Joanie M Story- if the Anthonys had kept their mouths shut most people would have felt sympathy for the loss of their grandchild.
They brought all this hatred by their brazen lies and by their contempt for anyone who was trying to find Caylee. Now they are trying to make a living by exploiting the memory of Caylee. No one will let them do that. Enough@
Throughout this they have showed who they really are.They lie without conscience- no wonder they raised a Psychopath..

C_E   May 13th, 2009 7:03 pm ET

Please do NOT allow the Anthonys to ask for donations for their foundation. That would be so WRONG.

harry & Sue   May 13th, 2009 7:15 pm ET

we never miss LKL..but tonight we will,,too negative & sad ..we need happy things, will listen to Michaek Buble CD's..

Judith   May 13th, 2009 8:03 pm ET

It was wrong that people stood on the Anthony's lawn yelling terrible things but it was wrong that the Anthonys did not thank people that were out looking for their granddaughter.Many people that lived hrs away plus took off from work went looking for Caylee.The only time Casey wanted to was when she said she wanted to but to do it by herself.Why?
Ones can see that Casey acts just like her mother Cindy when not wanting to answer questions.The saying 'an apple doesn't fall too far from the tree' ones see it when she was question about the make up story of the baby sitter who is trying to Clear her name.Cindy was cocky,laughing and acting like she shouldn't be there.That is the same way Casey acted.
When Cindy and George do interviews they look like the greatest grandparents.They look like they would want to clear a person's name
that their daughter accused lyingly.They play a good game when needed.

Mari, Utah   May 13th, 2009 8:41 pm ET

Oh my goodness. Since when is a suspected murderer need a "public relations" consultant?

Being careful not to judge, there is something wrong with the Anthony family.

Gardner   May 13th, 2009 9:11 pm ET

Being young and doing stupid things does not make one a murderer!

a friend   May 13th, 2009 9:12 pm ET

George ans Cindy belong in JAIL!!!!! for obstruction of JUSTICE

and she should get the death penalty!

janette tx   May 13th, 2009 9:14 pm ET

@Alma Perkins
What marriage? Why do you think the husband tried to
commit suicide?......He didn't want to be around when it
all hit the fan!

Beverly Crawford   May 13th, 2009 9:15 pm ET

Is Casey Anthony bi-polar by any chance?

C.   May 13th, 2009 9:15 pm ET

George Anthony said in the first segment that he believes that parents should stand behind their children no matter what. There's a difference between standing behind someone who committs something like robbery and one who committs MURDER!!!!!!!

Dodie ~ California   May 13th, 2009 9:17 pm ET

I believe in due process....therefore, I will wait for the trial before I make a conjecture.

bonniez45   May 13th, 2009 9:17 pm ET

I cannot believe what she has said about bloggers the lies still continue it's so sad

Dodie ~ California   May 13th, 2009 9:19 pm ET

~ whew~ what ever happened to due process?

tulalove   May 13th, 2009 9:19 pm ET

I am sorry for the grandparents. However, heal yourselves, know the truth, admit what you feel and know and come clean.

Sick of "saving" Casey. Save yourselves!

elizabeth   May 13th, 2009 9:19 pm ET

We understand you love your daughter, but she has been caught in lies and stealing from friends (bad checks) it appears she has just lied her whole life and got away with it. That is why we have trouble believing her now.

Question Why is Caylee not buried as of this date.

Sandy   May 13th, 2009 9:21 pm ET

Why hasn't anyone in the Anthony family produced evidence to the police that the nanny exists?

janette tx   May 13th, 2009 9:21 pm ET

Gardner
Get your head out of the dirt, the girl is guilty of murder
her mom dad and bro are guilty of commplacency.

Lynn   May 13th, 2009 9:22 pm ET

Nancy Grace has gotten away with way too much. She has had stuff on her show that has nothing to do with the case.

Too many people are making money off of your grief.

You are walking the road less travelled.

God bless you

P. Parker   May 13th, 2009 9:22 pm ET

How do you explain the blanket and the other items that were found with Caylee's body that were taken from her bedroom if Casey or another family member is not involved?

Linda   May 13th, 2009 9:22 pm ET

I live in the Orlando area and have followed this from the beginning and I stand behind George and Cindy, they should stand behind there daughter, I believe she is innocent. My heart goes out to the entire family. May God be with you and your family.

Melvin Banks   May 13th, 2009 9:22 pm ET

George and Cindy Anthony are a couple of phonies in my opinion. George said himself that he smelled a dead body in his garage the day he asked for the gas cans from Casey. They are doing just as they said...protecting their daughter. They know she is guilty. I pray that justice is carried out; if not in this life then on Judgement Day.

Judy   May 13th, 2009 9:23 pm ET

The Anthony's have told lie after lie to cover for their daughter. The apple doesn't fall from the tree. They have got to be the dumbest parents on earth.

Kate   May 13th, 2009 9:24 pm ET

Why can't George answer a question without looking at Cindy for support or verification.

Fram   May 13th, 2009 9:24 pm ET

George and Cindy say Casey was a good mother. A good mother does not go out partying when her child is missing. A good mother does not steal from her own parents. There are a lot of things that Casey did that a good mother would not do. Wake up.

Gail   May 13th, 2009 9:24 pm ET

I feel the Anthonys story has changed. The truth never changes.

cathy   May 13th, 2009 9:24 pm ET

LARRY I HAVE 2 CHILDREN A SON AND A DAUGHTER BUT IF SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPEN TO ONE OF MY GRANDCHILDREN AND THE EVIDENCE POINT AT ONE THEM. I WOULD LOVE THEM BUT I COULD NOT I WOULD NOT CONDONE MY CHILD BECAUSE THE NEXT TIME IT COULD HAPPEN TO THE PARENT THEY SEE THE TRUTH THEY KNOW THE TRUTH.

Dodie ~ California   May 13th, 2009 9:25 pm ET

(((((( There is only one thing worse than killing an innocent child.)))))

(((((Putting an innocent person to death through a court of law! )))))

LAWRENCE ADU   May 13th, 2009 9:27 pm ET

Larry,
Can you ask Mrs. Anthony how she knew that her daughter killed her granddaughter. She went on air and made the pronouncement that she suspected that her dautgher had killled her granddaughter. Can you be kind enough to play the video of her comment when Casey was first decleared missing?
Thank you.
Lawrence Adu, M.D

SD-Love you Devin   May 13th, 2009 9:27 pm ET

Why don't you talk to her?Or see her. Do you think she did it?

S. Feig   May 13th, 2009 9:29 pm ET

How could any responsible parent or grandparent not worry, even
for l day, when a child is missing?

Dodie ~ California   May 13th, 2009 9:30 pm ET

I have never seen so much HATE from the public. Pretty scary

This appears analogous to burning people at the stake for being a witch!

Cindy Friend   May 13th, 2009 9:31 pm ET

Cindy: You showed yourself at the deposition! Your actions spoke louder than your tantram! You know Casey is guilty. The world knows she is guilty. George, you are like a crumbling wall. May God be with you and see you through this tragedy!

Thelma Gilbert   May 13th, 2009 9:31 pm ET

How could you say she was loving parent when she offered no financial support for her child, even lying about her having a job. Hello...see any red flags there people...You enabled her to be the irresponsible party animal she was–stealing money from her own daughter's piggy bank–and her grandmother and grandfather's account. It is a hard thing to do–but Casey needed tough love or Caylee didn't have a chance. And, that is what happened.

MJ   May 13th, 2009 9:32 pm ET

George and Cindy: Not everyone is against you. I do not understand people who are trying to act as through you both had anything to do in your grand child's death.When a person is down some people thrive on it and try to destroy you. It is very obvious you adored this beautiful child. I am so sorry your going through this night mare.

Joanie   May 13th, 2009 9:32 pm ET

George,
As a police officer, would you have ignored this much evidence in a similar case?

Brenda   May 13th, 2009 9:35 pm ET

I understand your standing by your child. You cannot turn your love off. If casey were to tell you that she is guilty would you want her punished with prison? I know you would not want her to die. I fell in love with Caylee and as a grandparent and a mother I understand your pain and your need to believe in your child. I have had a child in trouble though nothing like what you are going through. I pray you find the truth and can find peace. Caylee is at peace and will forever be remembered.

Lisa Trzepacz   May 13th, 2009 9:37 pm ET

Isn't Zanny the Nanny a code name for the drug XANAX? This allegation was made from the bail bondsmen on Nancy Grace.

jay   May 13th, 2009 9:38 pm ET

you two are in such denial you are still controlled by your daughter... you can not go see her because she does not want to see you... she controls your family... you knew she was a liar and you enabled her

sue edwards   May 13th, 2009 9:38 pm ET

if this was about somebody else and you was on the jury then what would you belive i think she did it i guess o j did not do it either

Kim   May 13th, 2009 9:38 pm ET

My heart goes out to George and Cindy, they have been terrorized by the media from the very beginning and the public has assumed they had something to do with it. They are not the ones that are on trial, their daughter is. I do think that Casey knows alot more than she is telling, she may not have done it herself, but she had something to do with it, that's pretty obvious to me. I am not here to place judgement on anyone because it's not my place to but she will have her day in court to prove otherwise. I can only imagine what Cindy and George have been through and I can honeslty understand them standing behind their daughter, I mean she is their daughter no matter what she has done and again they can't help what Casey does, she is her own person and if she did do it then she will have to answer for that to a much higher power. My thoughts and paryers are with the grandparents!

audrey reigle   May 13th, 2009 9:39 pm ET

i think that nancy grace is obcessed with the case of casey anthony and has went too far ,she has mentioned casey anthony every night and spends the whole hour going over and over the same things since this murder has happened, doesn't nancy grace have a life and also she is nasty &irate anyone that doen't agree with her, insults them ' I blame HLM channel for allowing her to above and beyond a story . i no longer watch that channel and nancy grace.

Cheryl Trenholm   May 13th, 2009 9:39 pm ET

I wish the media would just leave the Anthony's along. No body knows anything, we are just speculating on media comments. Just do what you need to do and do what needs to be done.

My thoughts are with you at this time...

Joanie   May 13th, 2009 9:40 pm ET

If you believed Caylee was alive and would be found, why would you want to kill yourselves? Wouldn't you want to be there to see her when she was found?

Vicki   May 13th, 2009 9:41 pm ET

To George & Cindy, Hang in there. To love your children uncondionally is to love them thru their accomplishments and also thru the down falls. We are 2 fast at judging Casey. Thank you for keeping Caylee's memory alive!!! I would stand behind my daughter under any circumstances. I would really love to have 1 of the Find Caylee t-shirts!

Dodie ~ California   May 13th, 2009 9:41 pm ET

There was never as much HATE as with the Charles Manson murders and especially the one with Sharon Tate in which they Cut the baby out of Sharon Tate's stomach while she was alive....... Screaming until she bled to death. Now that is horrible

giovanna   May 13th, 2009 9:43 pm ET

The Anthonys are full of contradictions. Everything they say is a smoke screen and meant to cover up for their daughter's lies.
They want sympathy from viewers asking us to put ourselves in their shoes and they claim that they are doing things to help Caley. This is preposterous. Everything they are doing convinces us even more that their daughter was involved in Caley's disappearance. What a pathetic show of support on their part.

Rita A   May 13th, 2009 9:43 pm ET

I feel very badly for the Anthony's. But I hope that at some point soon, they will face the truth, certainly if not to the public or to each other, at least to themselves. There are so many things that link Casey to the murder of Caylee. They both know what the smell of death is and they just cannot deny it. Casey exhibits sociopathic behavior which would be something that she would have exhibited years before. I cannot imagine why they would have allowed her to keep that child. She would have been alive today.

peggy   May 13th, 2009 9:46 pm ET

larry...you seem so unbelievably hard on them...if ou are ever in pain, i hope you are not interviewed by someone as insensitive as you are..please tell them that i pray for their family and i feel their pain...i watched the funeral and cindy and geo did an outstanding job...others feel their unbelievable pain

Holly & Tracy   May 13th, 2009 9:46 pm ET

the anthonys should have never came on LKL because now i see why casey anthony lies. she learned it from her parents.
why bother trying to answer questions you lied about in the first place telling the cops one story then telling larry king so many different things.
and yes we do believe casey will be fried!

Callie   May 13th, 2009 9:48 pm ET

What if Cindy had not called the police department to report that her granddaughter was missing? When do they think their daughter would have gone to them or someone else for help? I wonder if not in the first 30 days, when?

They are stuck with reporting that dead body smell. Decaying humans have a very distinct smell, it can not be confused with rotten food. George has video taped explaining his experience with that smell, and it is instantly recognizable, those of us that have smelled it understand that. So the fact that they keep trying to back pedal on those statements is telling.

Also, body language that is consistent with lying is very noticeable on all the Anthonys. (George your blink rate is exceedingly high when you speak about this case).

They claim to hate the media, but yet they cant stay off television, even though every time they appear on t.v. the public opinion of them gets worse.

Why dont they have a real friend that tells them to stay home. Daughter did it, Parents know that she did, and there are truths we will never hear from them. Next....

Dodie ~ California   May 13th, 2009 9:50 pm ET

@ Cheryl Trenholm

I completely agree with you. I think the Media including CNN has made a mess of this case. Nancy Grace continued on and on for months about this case.

Nancy   May 13th, 2009 9:56 pm ET

What phonies......Cindy where is the gum tonight and your real persona/? how sad that you people are only into the drama and the $$$ and wonder why people don't like you....Cindy a crazy liar just like her daughter.
Larry don't waste your breath on them...no one cares anymore..
We just want to see justice finally for Caylee!

Joanie   May 13th, 2009 9:57 pm ET

Casey Anthony always referred to feeling things "in her gut". Well, OBVIOUSLY those of us writing in are feeling "in our guts" that something seriously stinks here. We are crying out for justice for Caylee!

1parent2another   May 13th, 2009 9:57 pm ET

I understand the unconditional love & support for their child, however, sometimes the truth is less concievable than a story that's been fabricated. It's unfortunate for their terrible loss of their precious little grand-child. It's a place no 1 person would ever want to find themself. From the outside looking in, all evidence points to their daughter. This being very sad as we all join them in the wishful thinking that a loving mother could never cause any harm, muchless death to her own child. My thoughts & prayers are with them.

Susan   May 13th, 2009 9:58 pm ET

Why did you not ask to meet the nanny; have back up emergency numbers and check up on this nanny George especially if you were in police work?

Fred   May 13th, 2009 10:03 pm ET

Cindy mentions that she will be there for others with missing children. From what it appears Cindy cannot be support for anyone with a missing child. She can hardly compose herself with what she's going through. She actually seemed like she was sedated on the LK show.
The whole thing is a shame.

Joanie   May 13th, 2009 10:07 pm ET

Ah, there's always a self-focused agenda when it comes to the Anthonys. I was waiting for the punch line, the reason for appearing on Larry.
Now they're hawking their foundation. I cannot stomach the audacity! And they have the nerve to name it the Caylee Marie Anthony foundation?? Until they come clean, I wouldn't toss a dime in their direction.
Playing upon our sympathy and compassion for that little girl to bring in cash to their coffers is an insult. Call it what they will. It still puts cash into a bank account in which it is under their discretion to disperse funds.
Their "teddy bear" idea is lame at best, and puts a baby band-aid on a gaping and bleeding wound.
Why does it seem that the public is more outraged about Caylee than the Anthonys? Why does it always have to be about Casey and cash?
Come clean, Anthonys.

Fred   May 13th, 2009 10:10 pm ET

These people have to be living in denial. The main question is this, if your daughter arrested for murder of her own child how can the parents go around talking to the media and tell them they support their daughter. The police would not have wasted their time collecting all that evidence on multiple occassions if they didn't feel they had a strong amount of evidence. They are in denial which is understandable but to go on Tv or any other media outlet and to stick up for their daughter is a sham. How much are they getting paid by the media outlets to try to pay for the legal team that is needed for their daughters defense? For the person who commented saying that I wish the media would leave the Anthony's alone. Who told them to go on Larry King? They didn't have to accept the interview. They apparently like to be in the spotlight of a tragedy.

Latisha   May 13th, 2009 10:39 pm ET

George and Cindy – How can you claim out of one side of your mouth to have loved Caylee yet like your killer daughter have turned your backs on her (except to rake in as much Blood Money off her memory as possible with your various scams). Cindy-what is that secret you will 'take to your grave' is it A. George was Caylees biological father or is it that B. George's brother is Casey's biological father or C. Both A. & B. are true? You are both disgusting, bottom feeder scumbags and need to be arrested for obstruction of justice ie. destroying/hiding evidence in a murder case, burying the body under the playhouse in your back yard then throwing her where your POS daughter buried her dead pets (most likely after she killed them too).

tracy   May 13th, 2009 11:25 pm ET

For those who feel sorry for the grieving grandparents...oh their grieving alright but it's not for the grand daughter. And standing up for your child doesn't mean you lie, cover up evidence, and smear other people. Just because you are standing behind your murdering child doesn't mean you have to lose all your own class and ethics. I wonder how either of them were ever able to preform in the professions they did...since ethics is such a important part of of nursing and law enforcement.

Renee Trahan   May 14th, 2009 12:21 am ET

Why are THESE SO CALLED GRANDPARENTS NOT STANDING UP FOR POOR LITTLE CAYLEE WHO IS SPEEKING FOR HER ? THANK GOD FOR THE STATE OF FLORIDA AND LADY JUSTICE!!!!

Sharon   May 14th, 2009 12:52 am ET

i haven't walked in the Anthony's shoes, May God be with them!!!

janette tx   May 14th, 2009 1:04 am ET

OH WHAT A TANGLED WEB..........!!!!

alle   May 14th, 2009 1:42 am ET

seems to have been sentenced thru the media. I believe that until all evidence has been presented then all this negative media should be stopped. This negative media seems to be very exaggerated. I really feel for Casey, she has my support because, she is being crusified unjustly, isn't this America?She is innocent until she is proven guilty. I feel that the media should be libel, for all exaggerations against Casey. Casey Please keep your head up and please try to hang in there for your family, your Mother and Father are true parents and they love you. Just keep in mind that most of what is heard in the media, should b taken with a grain of salt. The media loves to create chaos, and destroy reputations of citizens, that may be innocent. If people could sue the media for invasion, of citizens rights, then maybe they would think twice before they give such half truths. It is really sad that Casey can't have privacy with her family, when she needs them the most.
America Justice system needs a reality check.

DonFL   May 14th, 2009 2:10 am ET

Grrrrr. Name jacking is so low and juvenile. I am proud to be gay, I apologize to no one for my views and this is AMERICA! The LAND of the FREE and the 1st amendment. Mr. King did a great job and the Anthony's were a class act. Get over it already! sheesh

Dodie ~ California   May 14th, 2009 3:27 am ET

(((((( There is only one thing worse than killing an innocent child.)))))

(((((Putting an innocent person to death through a court of law! )))))

What happened to "due process"? The media, especially "Nancy Grace" has continued to express virulent criticism towards the Anthonys. This will make it very difficult for Casey to receive a fair trial.

The media created this mess! Everyone seems to have taken the position of judge, jury and executioner! The media has a responsibility to keep everything in perspective. Nancy Grace continued to maunder incisively for MONTHS her slant and opinion even though a trial has not even taken place. Because of this, no matter what the Anthonys do, it will be viewed negatively!

I have no opinion one way or another regarding this situation or the Anthonys. I do not like conjecture. I will wait for the trial before I make an opinion.

WHAT A MESS.

Raul   May 14th, 2009 4:24 am ET

They can give out all the free teddy bears they want! It'll still be a sad and sorry substitute for justice for that little girl......Even if one indulges the fantasy that their daughter didn't directly kill that baby, her irresponsibility and selfishness directly caused the situation that ended that child's life. The Anthony's enabling of their daughter makes them also complicit.
Look up the definition of sociopath in any psychiatric manual..there should be a picture of Casey Anthony there from now on. In any interview I've ever seen with these people, they always seem to be able to "tap-dance" their way out of answering the hard questions..I'm amazed these talk show hosts let 'em get away with it EVERY TIME.
It's very hard to have sympathy for liars and cowards, no matter what they claim to have felt they have lost.
By all means, don't execute her! Put the creature in jail and study her like you would ANY mutant...Maybe even get some input from her parents.
After all, they're in the best position to help write the book on "The creation, Nurturing and Enabling of a True Sociopath"...Maybe it will finally help society prevent the making any more of her kind.
Sound kinda harsh?..Maybe some of us are just sick to death of "open season" on innocent children in this country...
In a perfect world, there would be testing, licensing and follow-up before anybody becomes parents..
What if it were possible that ole' Cindy and Georges ridiculously transparent lies actually had a part in getting this (THEIR) creature off the hook? How could anybody with a human soul and concience live with knowing that after they got her off,she might incubate another victim for herself?
If anybody was ever the poster child for forced sterilization, it should have been the members of this "family"......

frauke christiansen   May 14th, 2009 6:06 am ET

I WISH YOU AND CASEY ALL THE BEST FROM GERMANY I LOOK LARRY KING AND I PRAY FOR CAYLEE AND YOU ALL GREETINGS FROM FLENSBURG GERMANY FRAUKE

dee   May 14th, 2009 10:04 am ET

Thank you Nancy Grace for being there and telling the truth, until one is a victim of a serious crime will they ever understand your mission... thanks for standing up for the victims no matter how hard it is...

LK shame on you, you should have followed suit with Oprah...

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter