CNN TV
SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

March 31, 2009

Hospital fires 15 for looking in to Octomom's file

Posted: 07:53 AM ET

Fifteen employees were fired for improperly accessing medical records of Nadya Suleman, the mother of octuplets, a Kaiser Permanente spokesman said Monday.

"We always provide training on the importance of patient privacy and confidentiality," said Jim Anderson, the hospital spokesman. "We knew from the time she (Nadya Suleman) was admitted to the hospital in December, this case would attract attention.

"Numerous training sessions were held to remind people of the need to keep the information confidential."

Eight other employees of the Bellflower, California hospital were disciplined for accessing Suleman's files, Anderson said.

Anderson said there's no indication that any of the information was distributed outside the hospital to the media.

Filed under: Octuplets

lawmiss   March 31st, 2009 5:01 pm ET

aren't we all tired of her and her antics?

joanne osinkowski ontario canada   March 31st, 2009 5:35 pm ET

This situation regarding Octomom and her babies, should have never ever gotten the attention and press coverage it received. All of this spill over could and should have been avoided. I just don't understand the crazy interest a woman in this common era having eight babies by artificial insemination has created. My word has the media and world alike not have better interesting and crucially important topics to cover. This world is most definately coming to an end as we know it.

hugh ~ california   March 31st, 2009 5:35 pm ET

They should fire them all and anybody else who writes or inquires about Octomom! I for one are fed up with the story, even the latenight Octomom jokes are getting way too repetitious. There are far too many serious issues worthy of discussion other than Octomom, like sterile Mom, Oxycontin Mom, no healthcare Mom, and homeless Mom.

I'm sure those reading my comments are quite aware I don't watch Entertainment Tonight very often, despite the fact that I enjoy watching a good hollywood movie. I get more entertainment watching Food Network and the Travel Channel. If more people though different the papparazzi would be among the unemployed.

Joe G. (Illinois)   March 31st, 2009 7:34 pm ET

The level people reach.. And to think that they walk and talk and look like every other American. Sick, dark, and evil I’ll say. In America that’s what they do to a lady in dire need such as Octomom (Nadya Suleman.)

Dodie from Irvine CA   March 31st, 2009 8:11 pm ET

P l e a s e!! CNN how can you even discuss this. You are wasting your time and our time. It is not even noteworthy and especially NOT newsworthy! I have only two words left....

((((( WHO CARES ))))

hugh ~ california   March 31st, 2009 8:20 pm ET

@Joe G.
I have no clue who you're blogging about. What's your point? And why is this lady in such dire need? You aren't making much of your words other than finger-pointing. Maybe it's you that's the sick, dark, and evil–walking and talking and looking like every other American. I've read some of your other rightwing nut conversative blogs. You can fool some, but you don't pull the wool over these old eyes! This lady wanted to have eight babies all at once, get a clue!

hugh ~ california   March 31st, 2009 8:29 pm ET

Excuse my "conservative" typo mistyped conversative, but maybe if they were more conversative they'd be less conservative.
So my quote of the day is:
"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative."- John Stuart Mill (1806-1873)

hugh ~ california   March 31st, 2009 8:34 pm ET

@Joe G
I may be confusing you with another Joe G who IS a conservative rightwing nut, so if I'm wrong I stand corrected.

Randy Hill-Texas   April 1st, 2009 11:53 am ET

I know the media loves great stories and attention.....and so do I but we should just all ignore the Octomom and hope that she and her story will finally go away!!!!! I could care less about her house, car, eating habbits or even who the father is. We dont need Dr. Phil to tell us she is crazy or her whole life is in turmoil...We see that every day on TV. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Dave of Detroit   April 1st, 2009 1:21 pm ET

I have no problem with any woman having 100 kids if, and this is a big and very important if, she can raise and support them. I would like to have a taxpayer source of legal advice and attorney's similar to the ACLU only for the taxpayers and not every idiotic claim of harassment on earth-"Constitutional Rights of Illegal Aliens????" Constitutional Rights are for citizen's of the USA! But to return to the subject-This new Agency which I will call CFRR-Citizens for Responsible Repercussions would sue the Hospital and Doctors for the total amount that a lifetime of care will take for the 8 babies. The Doctor that peformed the insemination would be "Daddy" and the Hospital would be "Grandma" and all the litle tax payers would be the proud witnesses to the birth and upbringing of these babies without having to pay a cent!

glen chatfield   April 1st, 2009 3:18 pm ET

I would like you to visit me for once . Thank you very much for your time.

ricardo   April 18th, 2009 3:54 am ET

free loader yup thats what she is a free loader i feel sorry 4 her kids and the rest of america that will have to support them hahahahha aint that somenthing , only in america

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter