CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

March 26, 2009

Ted Nugent: This economic mess is Obama's Katrina

Posted: 08:55 AM ET

By Ted Nugent

America is being punked. That is the only way I can describe the clear cut case of self-inflicted grief and suffering at the hands of the Obama Masters of Ineptitude running the three-ring circus we call the American political insanity these days. Has logic been outlawed, or just temporarily suspended? Somebody wake me from this heartbreaking dream, quick.

I know it’s hard to pick a team sometimes. When I tour, I must seek out the absolute greatest bass guitar jammer and ultimate animal drummer on earth in order for my amazing music to reach maximum velocity and fire breathing soul each night to properly convey the intensity of my world-class love songs. Fortunately, the best of the best always end up at my side because I refuse to settle for second best. And remember, I’m just the MotorCity Madman, a humble Detroit guitarslinger making music. I am not the President of the United States. Maybe I should be.

For starters, I sure wouldn’t attempt to align myself with tax cheats and proven bureaucratic scoundrels like Daschle, Geitner, Rangle, Emanuel, Richardson and the apparently bottomless list of deviants that this president has appointed or attempted to appoint. May as well hire a country banjo player to cover my guitar duties, put Jeffery Dhamer in charge of babysitting, John Wayne Gacey as official White House court jester for the children, and your favorite arsonist as Fire Chief. Is this a Saturday Night Live skit we have here? Want fresh seafood? One Bass-O-Matic, coming right up.

Filed under: Ted Nugent

Dave of Detroit   March 26th, 2009 9:47 am ET

Say Ted-Did you ever hear about rhetoric being synonomous with B.S.-If you and Glen Beck can't come up with some positive ideas that would indeed help a bad situation instead of blasting away with your no nonsense as well as no sense remarks. Here's an old saying you may not like-If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Just to get a real feel for the problem, why not go down to the unemployment office and talk with the people in line-Take Glen with you! As far as your self promotion of rock stars as a gimmick for your rhetoric, I for one could live without it right now!

Michael C. McHugh   March 26th, 2009 12:27 pm ET

Dear Mr. Nugent,

Every so often, capitalism has one of these meltdowns, like in the 1890s or 1930s. That's the nature of the system: after an intense, free market Gold Rush that we had from the 1970s to the early-200s, there was bound to be a crash and consolidation. At this moment, certain clever capitalists who really understand the system are busy buying up a bunch of assets on the cheap.

That's the way this system works. I knew for years there was going to be a crash, but I was surprised by how deep it was. Obama is just using Keynesian methods to prop up the system and assist the unemployed while they put in some new regulations to stabilize the system.

Of course, when the cycle shifts again in 10 or 12 years and the Republicans get back in, then they'll get rid of the regulations and the higher taxes on the rich, and we'll get to do it all over again.

Joe G. (Illinois)   March 26th, 2009 2:56 pm ET

Mr. Nugent: The people of America are trying to re-inflate the economic housing bubble with borrowed money from the Communist Republic from China... The least you could do is be more patriotic and support and all them clear conscious Americans (Liberal Democrats) who support abortion and voted for Obama. They are not Jeffery Dhamer or John Wayne Gacey you know! It legal.. Abortion is legal in case you haven't heard. Obama says it's Ok, a equal right. Sure it might be creepy, rotten and disgusting to think about who might be next you at any one time. But at least Obama is working on improving the economy and if he succeeds... Just think of how proud you could be.

sandra/canada   March 26th, 2009 2:58 pm ET

Dear Mr. Nugent : I think you need a nice long rest.

Jay   March 26th, 2009 3:19 pm ET

The economy may be Obama's Katrina, but Bush was the Hurricane.

hari   March 26th, 2009 4:39 pm ET

Mr.Nugent sounds like and probably is a radical right extremist. Dude the elections are over. The republicans and partly the clinton administration in the final days are responsible and are the causatives for all of the mess by deregulating the financial sector. Republicans are the ones responsible for the national debt by cutting down taxes on wealthy and going to war for no reason.
Dont think that if you keep shouting and yelling with a potty mouth, people will forget who lead us into this mess.
If possible try to be supportive of the administration or else please be silent. Your advise and thoughts are probably more detrimental than beneficial.
I dont agree for one bit that economy is Mr.Obama's Katrina. He is dealing with an aftermath of havoc caused by failed Reganomics, 12 yrs of republican congress, and 8 yr of republican administration.

Mike, Zephyrhills, FL   March 26th, 2009 5:54 pm ET

Ted Nugent from Jackson , MI, Big Game Hunter and NRA Member, Heavy Metal Singer and if your stoned youd like his music!!

Need I say More!

Frank for AIG   March 26th, 2009 6:06 pm ET

Time to get a bow and arrow. time for a gun. REVOLT, before we can't afford to.

Woody McBreairty   March 26th, 2009 7:25 pm ET

Since when is Ted Nugent a political commentator? (He isn't even a good singer.) Now if Barbra Streisand or Tom Hanks were writing their political opinions on the internet, they would be blasted by the likes of Ted Nugent for expressing themselves. Not only is Ted a bad singer, I understand that his brain has been fried on drugs and that his manners and attitudes toward other people are crude and barbaric at best. It annoys me to no end that people like this who are downright creepy, let alone rude and obnoxious, are given a public forum with no problem, to propagandize and put other people's political opinions down, while spewing their own prejudices and hate and trying to deny the free speech of those who disagree with them. I demand some balance, when you have a raving maniac like Nugent on, balance it with the input of another "entertainer" (I use the word loosely in his case) who is moderate, sane and at least remotely palatable, none of which Nugent is.

Michael langshaw   March 26th, 2009 9:22 pm ET

I love what the president is doing on several fronts, but he needs to revisit lagalizing weed. Why?
1) It would reduce the crimes involved with illegal barter of weed
2) Increase major influx of income for the federal govt'
3) Help open the optiond for further research into the medicinal values for several chronic illness
Prohibition was a disaster and so is the continued ignorance to not legalizing weed.

Anne   March 26th, 2009 9:48 pm ET

Larry, I want to say this as I truly mean it from my heart. Jack Gaffrey,
God bless you for still being 'on the wagon!' (as you said). Not to reach for a drink in a tragedy is very brave and I commend you. You see, we had a 35 yr. old daughter whom we lost 10 years ago from alcoholism/drug abuse. She fought this for many years - rehab once, AA several times, support from the internet, friends, and family and in the end an ER doctor who should have been more firm (aggressive) in getting her admitted when she came into the ER saying, "I'm suicidal and drunk.' Jack, I miss our daughter so badly some days, I can't stand it! I know how much you miss your wife and I empathize with you, sincerely. There is no other loss like loss of a relative that a person loves so much! Losing a child they say is the worse thing parents can go thru in life and I believe it. You are still grieving and it takes a long time but the pain will get less intense.

I wish you blessings in your continued recovery. I also know the saying, once an alcoholic always an alcoholic but I have a brother who made it and I am sure you will!!!!!!! I know it's a constant battle and a tough one. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Anne

stan & alma   March 26th, 2009 9:52 pm ET

we feel badly for Jack Cafferty....how he gets up in the morning is a miracle...he'll never be alone, I believe he has daughters...he prays & has faith in his religion, we think..god bless...

Brian Tourville   March 26th, 2009 9:59 pm ET

Isn't this the person who derives pleasure from slamming sharp barbed tipped arrows into helpless animals – stocked into fenced areas to be 'Hunted' by like minded friends & paying customers of Mr. Nugents ?

I found him objectionable as a musician during his hey_day , objectionable during his failed come backs, objectionable on his personal views toward Life and living creatures , their treatment of when 'Sport Hunting' with Barbed Arrows leading to needlessly agonizing Deaths.

"And remember, I’m just the MotorCity Madman, a humble Detroit guitarslinger making music. I am not the President of the United States. Maybe I should be." `t.nugent

Mild sociopath as was Richard Nixon, with an added seasoning of egocentric Sadistic mildly Bi-Polar narcissism.

Jim McCarty of 'Mystery Train'

– is The Premier humble respected Detroit guitarist making music people turn out to hear.

T.E from OK   March 26th, 2009 11:49 pm ET

It is nice to have a President who does what he said he would do in the campaign. I think he has inherited a real mess and I think if people really think about, Obama and his Administraiton are trying to fix this economy and he was elected to do it. I think Obama can handle it but it won't be overnight and people need to chill. Obama has children and he wants the future to be better for them and he well knows if we don't do it now it won't get done and it will be worse. Why Bush and the Republicans hid the fact that the deficit did not contain the cost of the wars. The Republicans had eight years of total control under a rubber stamp congress. Bush vetoed nearly everything the Democrats tried to do.

T.E from OK   March 26th, 2009 11:52 pm ET

OKLAHOMA CITY — Senate President Pro Tem Glenn Coffee on Wednesday said he got a loan from a bank at a 5.5 percent interest rate to pay off a $28,882 lien filed by the IRS for back taxes. Talk about tax cheaters and the Republican before him was even worse.

He said collateral was put up as well.

Coffee, R-Oklahoma City, declined to release his tax filings, name the bank he got the loan from, or describe the nature of the collateral.

He also declined to give the amount of the 2006 income subject to the lien. He said the income came from his work as a contract employee for the Oklahoma City law firm, Phillips Murrah, and from his father's company, TVC Marketing, a motor club for over-the-road truck drivers.

As a contract employee, both employers do not take out taxes on his earnings, Coffee said. As a senator in 2006, Coffee received $50,764 in legislative pay. Taxes are taken out of Coffee's legislative pay.

Coffee was asked whether he had ever been delinquent on taxes in the past.

"My taxes are all paid as far as I know," Coffee said. "I am not going to tell you that I may or may not have been late, but there has never been a lien filed on any of these taxes."

At the time of an interview Wednesday with reporters from the Tulsa World and The Oklahoman, Coffee was asked whether he had any other unpaid debts, such as traffic fines.

"As far as I know, any traffic citations I received have been paid," Coffee said. "My license is in good standing. It would have been suspended if they were not paid by now."

But according to court documents, two 2000 tickets — one for speeding and another for operating a motor vehicle without a current license plate — were pending. When notified of this, Coffee contacted Oklahoma County officials.

The tickets were entered into the county's computerized system in 2000, but a computer glitch prevented any notices or warrants from being issued, said Oklahoma Court Clerk Patricia Presley.

"I owe the money and am now aware of it," Coffee said in a follow-up interview.

The two $90 tickets were paid Wednesday afternoon, according to court records.

On Monday, Coffee met with members of the Republican Senate Caucus and apologized for the lien. When asked whether Republican leaders would allow him to continue as the Senate's top leader, he said: "All I can focus on is doing the job they have given me to do. I don't have time to do anything else."

Meanwhile, Senate Democratic Caucus Chairman Kenneth Corn of Poteau sent Coffee a letter asking for numerous documents pertaining to the lien.

"We believe the release of this information is essential to restoring public trust in your leadership and the Oklahoma State Senate as a whole," Corn wrote.

Coffee declined, saying the information was not relevant.

He said he would be willing to speak privately with Democratic senators about the issue, but not at a caucus meeting or before the whole Senate.

"It is the reality of living in a glass house," Coffee said. "We are supposed to be responsible and be accountable for our actions. I don't want to question that or make light of that. It is part of being an elected official."

In related action, Senate Majority Leader Todd Lamb, R-Edmond, accused trial attorneys of hiring private investigators to dig up dirt on Republican lawmakers who support lawsuit reform. He cited three Democratic lawmakers who previously were reported to be late on their taxes or failed to file returns.

"Senate Democrats are living a double standard," Lamb said.

Gary Chandler in Canada   March 27th, 2009 12:37 am ET

While it IS stupid for a drug that is 100 times worse than pot to be legal, namely alcohol; it is MORE than idiotic to say legalising it will put an end to crime.
quote Cafferty; "it would put the cartels out of business"
really???
ROFL
ya , they will all turn into marywana farmers I'm sure...
Kidnapping, for example, would jump 10 times!!!
----
The PROBLEM is the G20 is running out of 3rd world countries to exploit
---
as for Nugent, he sounds nuttier than Chuck Norris, I can just see them running on a Palin ticket (;+9
-----
Teddy,,, EXPLAIN why the GOP want God fearing, patriotic government control of issues like gay rights and abortion; but want 'small' government and no interference with the Elite!?
----
Legalise drugs and the CIA loses much of its funding and criminals go after rich people instead of American drug addicts!
It WONT be legalised!

Gary Chandler in Canada   March 27th, 2009 12:55 am ET

Obama's BIG mistake is not realising how badly Bush drove it into the ditch. I WISH I was wrong, but even Warren Buffet has agreed with me. It's off a cliff!
Obama says the economy is "not a speed boat. It is a big liner that has to be turned around slowly.".
Barrack, laddy, the ship is on the rocks, out of fuel and breaking apart - keep steering though - sheesh
Back at ENRON is when steering would have worked,,,
You NEED Government for the people...
*WAGE controls on executives - ALL of them
no credit card debts above 5%
[the GOPs call it a free economy, but it is actually a wild economy]
[the mortgage crisis will look like a picnic when the bankruptcy CRISIS hits!!!]
Don't tax churches, but tax all the luxury expenditures of the the ministers!!!
It's NOT like they live in little bungaloes and eat porridge
You LET people leave millions of dollars to a pets!!! that is IDIOTIC
[the dog caretakers live in luxury and avoid the taxes if the money was left to them... LOL how does the dog decide who to leave the bundle to???
------
Obama needs help from the People.
YES there can be rich people, America was STARTED to be free from Aristocats!!!
They are doing it France
OFF with their parachutes!!!!
Circle the wagons!!!
Don't listen to GOP favorite saying ......>>>
"protect the blue suits!"

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter