CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

March 17, 2009

ICYMI: Judge Judy on LKL last night – she had a lot to say!

Posted: 07:28 AM ET

Viewers have learned that television's no-nonsense Judge Judy cuts through the bull and gets to the heart of the matter.

On Monday night's "Larry King Live," Judge Judy turned her sharp legal mind to matters of the economy, sharing why she thinks Americans have what it takes to navigate the hard months ahead. And she also has some advice for President Obama and sharp-worded assessments of Bernie Madoff and AIG bonuses.

Here's a portion:

Larry King, host: The polls show the public worried about the economy. You had Warren Buffett on, and we had him on. And he called it an economic Pearl Harbor. When you look around, what's your take?

Judge Judy Sheindlin: A lot of people are scared. A lot of people who had money don't have money anymore. A lot of people who didn't have a lot of money have a lot less. And I think everybody is frightened because for the first time - at least in my memory - people like Warren Buffett are saying that this is not a good thing.

However, I do believe that this is a great country. And I do believe that. I think the fundamentals of America are strong.

This country has a wonderful spirit. And I think that, in the end, the spirit will take it through. It may take a couple of years. I wish I were younger so that I would have more years to enjoy it. But I think we'll be fine.

READ MORE HERE

Filed under: Judge Judy • Larry King Live

femi Akinwunmi   March 17th, 2009 7:58 am ET

I watched Judge Judy today on CNN and was diappointed at her comment.
She claims Barack is taking from the rich and giving to the poor.

Its amazing how educated people, those are role models come out to make statements without weighing the consequences.
In the UK, taxes are dependent on income.
if you earn 12,000 pounds per annum, your taxe is far more less than 40,000 per annum.
Its common sense, you do not tax flat rate.
She said Barack said, taxing the rich and she hates the word rich.

I have heard Barack say tax high income earners not tax the rich.
I think if we all face the issue at hand, carry out our obligations, tighen up loose ends in our industry, cut waste, maximise output, offer value for money, communicate value appropriately and offer incentives, the economy will move forward.
many supposed wealthy people evade tax anyway.
But I guess nobody will know until the winds blow.
Banks in Switzerland have exposed some recently but we should not point fingers, let us all stop cheap emotional or psychological blackmail

Jennifer WIlson   March 17th, 2009 8:30 am ET

I love to watch Larry King. Last night when "judge judy" was on the part about "traditional banking" hit home with me. I work in a small community bank in Southern Indiana. Home town of Larry Bird, French Lick Indiana. SVB&T offer's the traditional banking services such as the passbook savings account & christmas and vacation club. We take pride in being a community bank and love to work with our customers one on one.

I have been here for 16 years and the board continues to push good old personal service. Our moto is "Personal Service that is what we are here for"

I believe we need to find positive things in the world of negative. A lot of good still remains. We need to pull back in to those SIMPLE VALUES that should be the core of all of our lives.

SIMPLIFY "LIVE SIMPLE" & "LIVE WELL"
Thanks and I hope this reaches the heart of someone.

Geraldine   March 17th, 2009 9:25 am ET

I don't always agree with Judge Judy,

But watching her give her views on the Octomom story last evening on the Larry King show, she stated the mother receives Soc Sec and Public Welfare for herself and her 1st 6 kids, and will more than likely do so for the 8 new babies, because they will need continuous medical care for some time to come. This being the case, the mother should not profit from any source, via print, TV, live appearances, or any other form to make a profit from her children's existence.

Any money the mother acquires from such sources should immediately be confiscated by the state of California and federal gov'ts because taxpayers are paying for her children's care daily, which will cost millions just for the hosp care for the octuplets alone, before their hosp. release as newborns.

I only add that this action should be implemented immediately, and perhaps this would prevent Nadya Suleman from returning to her fertility doctor in the future for additional implants, (which she just might do). And the good Dr.'s screening process should definitely be reviewed, and face fines or imprisonment if continued. Because knowing Nadya Suleman's background, which he did, he never should have implanted her with anymore embryos.

I realize it is not easy to take a child away from its parents, and our systems are so clogged today with more children then we have places for. But something has to be done to eliminate the chance of others who might think to copy this woman's action, in an effort to use their children for fame on (Reality TV Shows, etc.). God forbid !

kenneth   March 17th, 2009 9:46 am ET

Judge Judy is very very wealthy ! Lives on Prime property near San Fran, CA & owns a yacht ! cruises on Meditanean w/Barb Walters !..& others !..

Palm Coast Mary   March 17th, 2009 2:24 pm ET

This is just a short comment. Larry, Judge Judy was great last night. Everyone has a right to there own opinion and I liked hearing hers. It doesn't mean I agree with everything she said, but mostly everything.

mary clemons   March 17th, 2009 2:26 pm ET

I am Mary Clemons from St. Louis Missouri. I am responding to Judge Judy and Mr. King and her comment about Xmas savings club. They were wondering if they still exists. In St. Louis Missouri at Southwest Bank they still exists and I am a proud user of this club for many years. I am 83 years old and it comes in handy at Xmas time when I buy my grandchildren presents and pay my taxes on my home. Thank you

regina   March 17th, 2009 2:42 pm ET

I watched your show last night with Judge Judy and did not agree with one topic she commented on.I didn't agree with her views on gay marriages.This should'nt even be discussed because it is immorally wrong.Marriage was ordained by God between man and woman.Yes I understand the world is changing ,but for her to say that we have to change with the world is wrong.Maybe in certain areas we do such as;more educational skills to get jobs.But to tell people they have to change with the world to allow gay marriages is ridiculous.The Bible stictly tells us this is an abomination to God, and for us to allow this to happen would be denying his word.Now if you are not a christian,then I can unedrstand you supporting this and maybe Judge Judy is not,but if this happens it will be time for all christians to stand up for Christ.I think this is one of the United States biggest problems(man trying to have more power than God).We would be alot better off if we tried to follow more of God's ways rather than man.

Reggie   March 17th, 2009 4:59 pm ET

I love her (Judge Judy) even more now. But I do disagree with her comment about some rich people worked hard to get to where they are. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they didn't work hard, but I'm saying a whole lot of people worked harder and aren't rich. It took a lot of luck and timing for most people in the entertainment field to become famous, because as we all know, no matter what you can do, someone somewhere can probably do it better.

Dave of Detroit   March 17th, 2009 5:37 pm ET

Dem dat has wants to keep what dey has -per Uncle Remus. If you think Judge Judy and Rush Limbaugh are conservative in their beliefs for no reason-check out their income and bank statements. If Obama cut Capital gains taxes and /or Personal Income Taxes for the rich, both would laud his efforts. Both sides of the aisle in Congress would breath a sigh of relief and even Pelosi would say that it will help the Country-namely the rich of the Country of which she is one, despite her fervent cry for the tax exemption to be done away with! Who is kidding who here? Our Congress has funding from Special Interests-who made record profits leading up to the Recession-Big Oil, Pharmacuetical Companies, and our Previous Administration-shucks, Paulson even managed to get TARP funds for Goldmann -Sachs in the last month of the Bush Term-and that ain't bad. Bernacke should have been fired for his role in supporting Paulson and his irresponsible actions and our Congress should be missing quite a few members as well but as all good lawyers do, they did not give the voters a choice between the parties by voting against the TARP Bail Out and guess who is picking up the tab. Hope Pelosi gets her own Private Plane along with Harry Reid-It really is better for the Taxpayer if they are far away from D.C.

kpt421   March 17th, 2009 5:54 pm ET

Judy , i love you, i think you are great, but wow you let Madoff off easy, you killed people making 20,00 a year but you let this guy off easy , i really don't understand , how easy you let him off, i saw you you ripping apart people making 20,00 a year , i am no longer a fan, and you make me have a bad feeling towards Jewish people, maybe you do hate Catholics?

explain this to me,
As i love judge Judy

Maryl-CA   March 17th, 2009 7:48 pm ET

Larry – Your show with Judge Judy last night was great! It is always a pleasure to see her on Larry King!
She is a very smart person and appears to enjoy her daytime court cases.
It was interesting to hear her viewpoints on many issues, and I can remember my mother saving money for us kids through a Christmas Club at the bank. It was pretty nice to have that money at the holidays.
Please have Judge Judy again on your show in the near future.

Doug Dinsmore   March 18th, 2009 1:10 am ET

I THINK WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN WITH ALL THE CEO.S FROM AIG WHO RECIEVED A BONUS THE GOV. SHOULD MAKE PUBLIC THE NAMES, ADDRESSES, AND PHONE NOS, OF EACH ONE,. LET THE PUBLIC HAVE ACCESS TO THESE FAMOUS PEOPLE SUCH AS WE HAVE WITH ALL OTHER FAMOUS PEOPLE.
I WOULD BET THAT A LOT OF THEM RETURN THE MONEY ON THEIR OWN, SAVE THE COST OF THE COURTS.

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
BarnesĀ & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter