CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

March 3, 2009

Meghan McCain: My dad's campaign killed my love life

Posted: 12:46 AM ET
Sen. McCain's daughter, pictured on the left, is speaking out on the impact of her father's latest presidential campaign on her personal life.

Sen. McCain's daughter, pictured, is speaking out on the impact of her father's latest presidential campaign on her personal life.

(CNN) — Meghan McCain says that "nothing kills my libido quite like discussing politics" — and that the presidential election "killed my personal life."

"OK, maybe killed is a bit of an exaggeration," she wrote in a blog post for The Daily Beast published Monday. "But it does seem to be on life support. Of all the things people warned would happen post-election, no one ever said anything about how complicated dating would become. Especially if your dad loses the election. There are things that have been difficult, but nothing quite as tough as dating. I fear the election has destroyed my ability and desire to date. Now, I cannot say at any point in my life that I have been very good at dating. But I have become something I used to despise: people who let politics dictate his or her attraction to someone."

She said one fan of her mother, Cindy McCain, recently told her she could be "his Cindy," and asked if she ever wore pearls like her mother did. "Any guy that has a fetish for older women in pantsuits and large pearls obviously only finds my last name attractive about me," she wrote.

(Read More)

Filed under: Larry King Live • Politics

James In Kamiah, Idaho   March 3rd, 2009 3:27 am ET

I dont' see why. She's pretty hot.
I think her dad's... well... nevermind that. She's a hottie. She's intelligent, even if she IS on the wrong side of the issues, and if her love really wanted to be in her life, he'd be patient.

Sorry Mehgan. Good luck.

James In Kamiah, Idaho   March 3rd, 2009 3:29 am ET

What fascinates her?

James In Kamiah, Idaho   March 3rd, 2009 4:06 am ET

By the way Larry, I know this is a kids show, but someone shoudl inform Mz. McCain that what that guy said was highly inappropriate... Whena guy asks a girl abotu a pearl necklace he isn't actually refering to pearls....

She shoudl prosecute him for sexual harassment.

No, I'm not joking.

Delphine, EU   March 3rd, 2009 4:48 am ET

Some people think too much about themselves, and even losing the elections don't bring them back on earth.

She's so full of it, it's a shame.

ed,vancouver canada   March 3rd, 2009 5:47 am ET

boo hoo hoo.
facebook has 175 million users.
for pearls,check out ebay,with the economy in the toilet,there are deals.

Dave of Detroit   March 3rd, 2009 9:27 am ET

Tell her to call Paris Hilton-she needs some lessons on how to deal with fame and notoriety!

GISSELLE   March 3rd, 2009 5:27 pm ET

THERE'S A WAR GOING ON IN IRAQ WITH "NO PRECISE REASON" AND, WE ARE HEAD LINING THE FACT THAT MEGHAN MCCAIN CAN'T GET LAID.GIVE ME A BREAK ! WHO CARES ! SHE HAS MORE PERSONAL REASONS WHY THIS IS HAPPENING. DIG DEEP MEGHAN MAYBE THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU.MEN DON'T TURN DOWN SEX FOR CAMPAIGN'S .

disgusted   March 3rd, 2009 7:22 pm ET

WHO CARES

WE ARE BROKE
TELL YOUR DAD TO DO SOMETHING IN THE SENATE VERSUS THE NONSENSE THAT GOES ON
HE HAS BEEN THERE MANY YEARS, YET WE DON'T HAVE PEACE, WE HAVE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS GALORE, NO HEALTHCARE, HIGH TAXES, POOR SCHOOLS, SO TOO BAD ABOUT YOUR SEX LIFE
MAYBE DADDY CAN BUY IT FOR YOU

James In Kamiah, Idaho   March 3rd, 2009 8:24 pm ET

I was disappointed to here she wouldnt' date an Obama supporter. I thought she was a little more adult than that pety high school BS... I guess she's just a dolt. 😉

frank   March 3rd, 2009 9:44 pm ET

I understand she wanted a very expensive car !! & she probably got it...

mavis shortt   March 3rd, 2009 9:51 pm ET

WHY DO ALL THESE IMPORTANT ISSUES HAVE TO BE LIKE A JERRY SPRINGER FIGHT? WHY CAN'T PEOPLE BE RESPECTFUL IN EXPRESSING THEIR VIEWS? WHETHER IT'S SO AND SO ON STEROIDS OR SO AND SO ON LORTABS AND XANAX JUST TALK ABOUT THE ISSUES. SOME OF US HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN.

Mr. Britt   March 4th, 2009 7:05 am ET

id hit it..

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter