CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS & REPORTERS CONTACT US HLN

November 7, 2008

Happy 90th Birthday Billy Graham!

Posted: 07:45 AM ET

One of our long-time guests here at Larry King Live is celebrating a milestone – his 90th birthday!

For the past few months, people from around the world have been leaving personal messages for the Billy Graham at billygraham90.com. So far, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association says it has received tens of thousands of birthday greetings.

Join us in wishing "America's Pastor" all the best on this special day!

You can read more about Billy Graham here

Filed under: Billy Graham • Larry King

KLEE   November 7th, 2008 7:35 pm ET

Happy Birthday Billy Graham – I saw you once somewhere in the middle of Kansas – when some friends of mine were trying to straighten me out.

zzzz   November 7th, 2008 8:11 pm ET

Rosa sat so Martin could walk.
Martin walked to Obama could run.
Obama ran so our children can fly.
anoynmous

As a young accountant, I see changes coming in our country and the world

Savannah   November 7th, 2008 8:34 pm ET

Happy 90th birthday Rev. Billy Graham. May God bless you!

lostemperor   November 7th, 2008 8:44 pm ET

Mr. Graham. Congratulations on your 90th birthday.

What do you think of Barrack Obama in the white house? God sure works in mysterious ways. You have been a pastor of many presidents and have been outspoken on issues. What do you think of the Bush doctrine? What strikes me is that you, and many Christians, favour the aggression of several administrations to strike at people and regimes you don’t agree with over dialogue and respect. Like the the Vietnam war, you supported, which killed countless of people. A useless war which should not have happened. You should have listened to Jesus then if I may say so. Wasn’t Jesus a peacemaker, who chose dialogue and love over fight?

The reason I mention this is because you still have a lot of influence over people. Sometimes more than a president. Many happy returns, strength and peace.

Mark Jones   November 7th, 2008 9:11 pm ET

Larry, you asked where we've seen a president standing with the press behind him.

Obama may have taken a page from George Bush, who had the leaders of other developed countries stand behind him in a line, as he tried to regain the confidence of America with his plans to revive the economy.

Lee Denny   November 7th, 2008 9:35 pm ET

I own two GM dealerships. My entire life and assets are invested in this enterprize. GM is building cars and trucks people want, contrary to the press that has tried to kill the American auto industry. My company and its 130 employees are on the verge of collapse. That means 130 unemployed people with homes in foreclosure, and I loose my home and entire net worth after 30 years of work and devotion to the industry I love. The Industry is more than a bunch of plants and auto execs. It is 12,000 dealerships and 2.5 million employees. The banks cannot and will not help. We need the government now. January will be too late for most of our industry.
Lee

Michael   November 7th, 2008 9:38 pm ET

I like watching your show, but I cannot stand the flasing of the "logo", the 2 stars and the microphone. Politics is King.
Sometime you flash those buttons.
Is very annoying and it does not enhance the show in any way.
Thank you.

Tom from Halifax   November 7th, 2008 9:41 pm ET

Larry:

I think Ben Stein's comments a bit 'mean spirited', regarding what was accomplished today. President-Elect was straigthforward in saying, "there is only one President of the United States". I think it positive that Mr. Obama gathered such an impressive team to start seeking a solution. Ben, chill out!

Lee Denny   November 7th, 2008 9:50 pm ET

Perhaps you should make my previous blog annonomys for obvious reasons..

Gary   November 7th, 2008 9:52 pm ET

Someone should explain to Ben Stein that Obama is not the President until january 2009. Why does he not understand this? He is not a moron?

Burpgun   November 7th, 2008 10:50 pm ET

A Great Man of God and Advisor to Presidents-Shows what the Fathers of the Country meant when they wanted Cohesion of Church and State for the betterment of all-Instead of Separation of Church and State for the profit of the few!

Burpgun   November 7th, 2008 10:59 pm ET

Reply to Lee Denny-It is not the press that is killing the Auto Industry, It is the President and the greed of Big Oil! Once the gasoline prices hit the $4.00 mark, the big gasoline tank ceased to exist and so did the vehicle it was attached to. I notice that Big Oil is now assuming a very low profile and showing nicey, nicey, commercials and President Bush hasn't really had much to say about his failure to take any action to prevent the demise of the last of America's strong Industries. Ben Franklin said , "An ounce of Prevention is worth a Pound of Cure!' Believe me, it is going to take a lot of pounds to cure the Economy of a President so derelict in his duties!

Anne   November 7th, 2008 11:20 pm ET

Tsk, Tsk, Larry,
NEVER rush Maya. NEVER rush Will.i.am.

As I watch the gentleness of breeze swaying the leaves of oak
An airplane flies overhead, disrupting peace.
Let not the progress of time alter my reality.
I am a being of life ; as simple as a tree.

Anne Morrison 4/04/04

janette Tx   November 8th, 2008 1:00 am ET

zzzz
I like that!!!!!

Comments have been closed for this article

Keep up to date with Larry

Become a fan on Facebook

Contact us
Go Behind The Scenes

Producer

Order from:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Borders

King of Hearts

Larry King's King of Hearts

Visit the Larry King Cardiac Foundation.

twitter